Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

8 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Our defensive line is fucking bad ass. They were totally wasted by that faggot Todd Orlando. Play a four man front and just turn these MF’ers loose. 

I hope recruits were watching. 

When we were fielding elite defenses this is what we were doing.  Just letting guys like Okafor, Orakpo, Houston, Kindle, Wright, ect. dominate.

4 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

@satyanash you got some of that good stuff?

Spoiler

Texas scored a big win over Utah in the Alamo Bowl to end 2019.  I spoke with several Texas commits and targets to get their reaction.

New Caney LB Derrick Harris Jr.

“Texas just looked different out there. It’s like they had something to prove. I like how they were fired up and showed that Texas isn’t the one to be messing with.”

Katy Taylor OL Hayden Conner

“Proud of my Longhorns. We watched the game from our annual trip to Crystal Beach. Can’t wait to get to Austin and help. One year away.”

Mansfield Timberview ATH Jaden Hullaby

“I like how the offense was spreading the ball around getting everyone involved. It looked like everyone was having fun.”

Port Neches-Groves OL Jaylen Garth

“Yes sir it was a great team win. I think it proved even though our season didn't go as planned, we could still compete with the big rank teams”

Katy Tompkins QB Jalen Milroe

“It was an overall great team win. Texas played hard for four quarters and didn’t let their foot off the gas. They played physical and faster than Utah.”

Skyline WR Quaydarius Davis

“I didn’t see them play, but I saw the highlights. They looked good.”

Longview DL Sawyer Goram-Welch

“I loved how the defense played. They were really physical. I thought they played to the level of Texas.”

Duncanville OL Savion Byrd

“They kicked their ass.”

Pearland RB Brandon Campbell

“Texas came out and handled business just how I thought they would. They looked very efficient offensively, which I liked a lot. Definitely coming to visit this summer to get closer with the staff.”

Shadow Creek LB Terrence Cooks

“You can’t hate on them. Hook ‘Em Horns.”

Denison RB Jadarian Price

"I saw the final score, but all I can say is complete dominance.  Really good for Texas and the Big 12."

Dickinson TE Donovan Green

"Underdog got a strong win."

Frisco Lone Star LB Jaylan Ford

"Hook 'Em baby."

All Saints OL James Brockermeyer

"We were here in person.  I think it was a really great way to finish the year strong after a year of ups and downs.  They've got some momentum going into next year."

• Like 1

I have to admit, this old man is pumped after kicking the dog out of Utah. And we did kick their butt, lol. A true, old-fashioned woodshed spanking.

Now that the 7-5 funk is lifted, am I correct in assuming that it's Collins and Princely that is our 2020 end-game targets, pretty much?

And maybe a couple of possible transfers? An OL and a DL, is it?

Anyhow, if someone wouldn't mind refocusing my brain, I'd be much obliged. And no, you can't pork my mother either, lol.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, XOVERX said:

I have to admit, this old man is pumped after kicking the dog out of Utah. And we did kick their butt, lol. A true, old-fashioned woodshed spanking.

Now that the 7-5 funk is lifted, am I correct in assuming that it's Collins and Princely that is our 2020 end-game targets, pretty much?

And maybe a couple of possible transfers? An OL and a DL, is it?

Anyhow, if someone wouldn't mind refocusing my brain, I'd be much obliged. And no, you can't pork my mother either, lol.

Go one-two pages back and you will find your answer young Padawan. 

3 minutes ago, Getafix said:

247  / Roach / Alfred Collins

Hide contents

He said he was very impressed with the Texas win yesterday. He watched the game with the Texas signees in attendance. Of note, Collins’ family was at practice today, and a few of them were seen in burnt orange.

Antonio Banderas

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Getafix said:

247  / Roach / Alfred Collins

Hide contents

He said he was very impressed with the Texas win yesterday. He watched the game with the Texas signees in attendance. Of note, Collins’ family was at practice today, and a few of them were seen in burnt orange.

Well, a number of them graduated from Texas, so I would expect they might be wearing burnt orange today. 

I continue to believe that Collins has known he’s signing at Texas all along. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Well, a number of them graduated from Texas, so I would expect they might be wearing burnt orange today. 

This is what I like to hear. Make sure you’re  getting time and a half for working on a holiday. 

Edited by Ricky Butler
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Zero is a number. 

my New Years resolution is to better this place by pointing out every imprecise statement, spelling mistake, and grammatical error I find. You are welcome. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The more I think about it, it’s really fucking impressive that OU managed to go 12-1, have a Heisman finalist QB for the 4th year in a row and make the playoffs but still manage to have less recruiting momentum going into the offseason than a 7-5 Texas team that won the Alamo Bowl but had to fire 70% of its assistant coaching staff.