Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

The more I think about it, it’s really fucking impressive that OU managed to go 12-1, have a Heisman finalist QB for the 4th year in a row and make the playoffs but still manage to have less recruiting momentum going into the offseason than a 7-5 Texas team that won the Alamo Bowl but had to fire 70% of its assistant coaching staff. 

I think we can thank LSU and Utah for that

So are we trying to flip Jahmyr Gibbs?

Yes, along with most of the SEC. He’s been advertised as lightly committed, and he didn’t sign on NSD1.

Purportedly the interest from Gibbs in Texas is real but he would need to give us his last OV. I just don’t see it. I don’t think Bradford is realistic either, but more likely than Gibbs and probably visiting after the dead period according to Wells.

Edit to add: The ability to connect with Gibbs was facilitated by Kenyatta Watson’s father which lends some credence to Watson sticking in the program

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

TFB feels very good about Collins to Texas. The players at the all America bowl went to Dave and busters last night...except the Texas signees and Collins who watched the game. Says Karic is basically on his hip the entire time

No ringo with the Texas guys?  He missed an opportunity to further the troll. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

How does the WR room look going into 2020? Do we need to close with another?

Eagles, Jake Smith, Marcus Washington, Alvonte Woodard and potentially Josh Moore on the roster.  Epps needs to go to TE.  Troy Omeire and D. Harrison on the way.  Losing Q. Johnston was a major blow and we definitely need another for 2020.

3 hours ago, RGBIII said:

TFB feels very good about Collins to Texas. The players at the all America bowl went to Dave and busters last night...except the Texas signees and Collins who watched the game. Says Karic is basically on his hip the entire time

After watching that video, thats the closest he has been to Collins.😀

10 minutes ago, Stampeder said:

Eagles, Jake Smith, Marcus Washington, Alvonte Woodard and potentially Josh Moore on the roster.  Epps needs to go to TE.  Troy Omeire and D. Harrison on the way.  Losing Q. Johnston was a major blow and we definitely need another for 2020.

Don't forget my man Kennedy Lewis. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mother mopar said:
14 minutes ago, Stampeder said:

I don't see Josh Moore coming back.

He was on the sidelines last night.  Doesn't mean he's coming back, but if he was definitely gone I don't think he would've been there at all.

Just now, Mother mopar said:
14 minutes ago, Stampeder said:

I don't see Josh Moore coming back.

He was on the sideline all year and seemed somewhat engaged. Not sure the coaches would keep him around if they were going to dump him after the year. Sounds like a Joe Mixon Redshirt to me (without the chick punch).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stampeder said:

Ix-nay on Josh Moore due to gun charges.

Wouldn’t be shocked to see Whittington line up at WR some next year, assuming he gets healthy.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Don't forget my man Kennedy Lewis. 

Kennedy Lewis could possibly be another surprise like Cort was for the Horns against Utah... KL loves Texas and was willing to hold off committing somewhere else just because he wanted the Longhorns offer so much.

Herman even mentioned during bowl practices that KL " has a bright future here”. 

Can't wait to see KL ball this spring!  🤘

https://247sports.com/Article/Texas-Longhorns-football-Tom-Herman-bowl-practice-standouts-David-Gbenda-Jake-Smith-Marcus-Washington-2019-Alamo-Bowl-141145151/

Edited by LTtxfan

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Kennedy Lewis could possibly be another surprise like Cort was for the Horns against Utah... KL loves Texas and was willing to hold off committing somewhere else just because he wanted the Longhorns offer so much.

Can't wait to see KL ball this spring!  🤘

Sort of. He was committed to TCU for 4 months. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stampeder said:

Nvm

Edited by rvm96
Posted above

7 minutes ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

Sort of. He was committed to TCU for 4 months. 

Thanks for the correction.  Forgot about the TCU commitment.  Right after his Mid Oct 2018 official visit to Texas, KL decommitted from the Horny Toads and then waited patiently for several weeks for Horns to firm up his Texas offer.

https://www.burntorangenation.com/recruiting/2018/10/16/17987018/texas-longhorns-target-kennedy-lewis-announces-decommitment-tcu-horned-frogs

2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Do you really think Roschon sticks at RB? I don't think so. There will be enough horses in the stable with Ingram, Robinson, and at least one more back recruited during this cycle.

I don’t know... you could say the same about the QB room and he’s pretty good at RB so far...

11 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Do you really think Roschon sticks at RB? I don't think so. There will be enough horses in the stable.

Will there? I think Whittington to WR is certainly possible, which would make the RB room weak after Keontay and Bijan. I’m sure Roschon wants to be back at QB but is sitting on the bench better than regular playing time at RB?  Now if Casey decides to transfer again then the conversation changes.