Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, Emmett Jones was the reputed leader for weeks now, per insiders. With what you've witnessed here under Herman, do you REALLY fucking feel confident proclaiming it as Carrier at this point? 

Everyone was really confident in Jones being the leader, and then everyone backtracked it. I am just being optimistic on Carrier as well, because with the staff shakeup, the 9.95ers know even less.

On that off topic note, it appears that IT has been relying on single source team info for awhile which leads me to believe they quoted a lot of the old staff on the record and are searching for more team sources now. Program info has been okay, but TH done a good job of controlling the message through Anwar almost exclusively.

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, Emmett Jones was the reputed leader for weeks now, per insiders. With what you've witnessed here under Herman, do you REALLY fucking feel confident proclaiming it as Carrier at this point? 

I don't think thats 100% accurate.  He was the name initially floated as someone Texas would or should be interested in - but the last few updates from IT / Anwar have been more in the Carrier direction.  

I

11 minutes ago, texifornia said:

rutgers-offensive-coordinator-drew-mehri

"After a nationwide search, we came to the conclusion that Drew Mehringer really is the best fit for us.  I'm really excited about working with him again.  He's learned a lot in the last month."

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

I don't think thats 100% accurate.  He was the name initially floated as someone Texas would or should be interested in - but the last few updates from IT / Anwar have been more in the Carrier direction.  

Jeff Howe just mentioned YESTERDAY that he's heard Emmett Jones the entire time as well. But that's not the point. The point is that, considering what we've witnessed thus far, percentages to date are about 75% that if there's a coaching candidate mentioned that we got excited about, Herman has found a way to fuck that sideways. Personally, I'm taking the odds on this one as well until the ink is dry on his contract. 

24 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

because hate is not a strong enough description? because you despise this?

I'm cautious about it.  Rutgers started two new CBs this year and they played well, but that's not much to go on.  

He should be a good recruiter at the least.  I like it much better than the other young position coach / DFW recruiter whose name has been floated.

5 minutes ago, Chrispy* said:

FWIW, Howe is now saying the buyout for Emmett Jones was higher than the $225,000 that has been reported. 

Didn’t Howe day yesterday that the buyout wasn’t the issue and he was hearing Jokes could still happen?

6 minutes ago, Chrispy* said:

FWIW, Howe is now saying the buyout for Emmett Jones was higher than the $225,000 that has been reported. 

Who gives a shit? What's the point of being the richest athletic program in the history of collegiate sports if you're not going to spend the money to get who you want? 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Who gives a shit? What's the point of being the richest athletic program in the history of collegiate sports if you're not going to spend the money to get who you want? 

I completely agree with you. I haven’t found any of the hires particularly inspiring thus far. 

• Fuck You 3

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Info I saw mentioned Colleyville...

Jay Valai    CB   5-9    195lbs

HIGH SCHOOL:   Colleyville Heritage

HOME TOWN:    Colleyville, TX

EXP:    2006 - 2010

COLLEGE:    Wisconsin 

https://247sports.com/player/jay-valai-40098/

One and the same. Ash was his coach at Wisco.

6 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Hurst Euless and Bedford are indistinguishable. Even if you live in one of them. Colleyville much more akin to Southlake than the others you named

For that entire stretch, South and north of 183 are distinguishable regardless of city.  There are parts of Colleyville and Bedford very much more like Southlake and very little like south Euless or Hurst.

Edited by JBJ

5 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Hurst Euless and Bedford are indistinguishable. Even if you live in one of them. Colleyville much more akin to Southlake than the others you named

From what I remember, Southlake (especially Westlake) was a lot pricier than HEB/Colleyville. Not sure if that's changed.

Grapevine is the worst, though. Lots of airport noise and no Indian/Asian markets anywhere nearby.

12 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Euless, Colleyville, Bedford... that whole area sandwiched between FW and the airport kind of blurs together.

11 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Nope... Euless is NOT Colleyville... 

Euless = useless!!

10 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Kids from the Bear Creek area go to Colleyville, but live in Euless.

9 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

6 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Bermuda Triangle. I get lost driving through there every time.

3 minutes ago, JBJ said:

For that entire stretch, South and north of 183 are distinguishable regardless of city.  There are parts of Colleyville and Bedford very much more like Southlake and very little like south Euless or Hurst.

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

From what I remember, Southlake (especially Westlake) was a lot pricier than HEB/Colleyville. Not sure if that's changed.

Grapevine is the worst, though. Lots of airport noise and no Indian/Asian markets anywhere nearby.

3ls2ai.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Westlake is just ridiculous and the real money lives there.  Parts of Colleyville have mansions bigger than anything in Southlake, but there's no cheap propety in Southlake at all.  Bedford has some huge properties as well, but on acreage and tucked away.  And the sheer size of Bedford drowns then out.

Edited by JBJ