Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

Who gives a shit? What's the point of being the richest athletic program in the history of collegiate sports if you're not going to spend the money to get who you want? 

It's not that we didn't cough up the money, he turned us down.

They're floating that shit out there trying to save face.

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

If Herman really hires Lupoi he must be saying fuck it and really playing the game now, might as well hire Dameyune Craig too 

Eh, Lupoi's a dirty recruiter, but not supposed to be a bad dude. Craig's a shitheel (remember the dude was the instigator of the big aggy/LSU brawl and scuttled away once hands were actually thrown)

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Eh, Lupoi's a dirty recruiter, but not supposed to be a bad dude. Craig's a shitheel (remember the dude was the instigator of the big aggy/LSU brawl and scuttled away once hands were actually thrown)

Ya that’s true, probably not a fair comparison but still surprising that we would be really interested in someone that’s known to be dirty like that

22 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

What’s up with rakestraw? Everyone wants us to offer him but looks like bama and lsu want him. Everyone seems to think if Texas offers he’d come here? Was he a fan growing up?

Well, UT apparently just hired the CB coach today so that has been the delay in will UT pursue Rakestraw or not. 

22 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Ya that’s true, probably not a fair comparison but still surprising that we would be really interested in someone that’s known to be dirty like that

Who gives a fuck if he's a dirty recruiter, he got the job done and the NCAA never did shit. People need to stop with this moral bullshit w recruiting unless you're fine w fighting over low 4 stars and 3 stars. Are we trying to make the playoffs or satisfied with several future Texas and Alamo bowls...

This is the University of Texas and we do not play those games. The only thing I want my coaches to have in their bag is a top notch 4 year education and the respect of their teammates and fans. That is more than enough payment for any young man. And if a player wants more well then he can just go somewhere else while we win Alamo bowl after Alamo bowl with pride. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Houston20 said:

Who gives a fuck if he's a dirty recruiter, he got the job done and the NCAA never did shit. People need to stop with this moral bullshit w recruiting unless you're fine w fighting over low 4 stars and 3 stars. Are we trying to make the playoffs or satisfied with several future Texas and Alamo bowls...

While I generally agree with the core of your argument, have you seen our last two classes?

35 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

If Herman really hires Lupoi he must be saying fuck it and really playing the game now, might as well hire Dameyune Craig too 

giphy.gif

As pieces of shit go, when those pieces of shit need to take a shit, that is where you will find one Dameyune Craig.

32 minutes ago, Houston20 said:

Me saying that I’m shocked we are interested wasn’t me clutching my pearls...I hope we cheat our fucking asses off

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Houston20 said:

yes, now imagine the potential on top of that by adding a guy like lupoi in place of clowns like Orlando and warehime

Right, we're in agreement. Just saying it wasn't like we were recruiting Tech-level classes before like you were implying.

Edited by texifornia

7 minutes ago, ausjala said:

So as I am reading the last few pages, I take it the Surly recruiting page is now about coaching hires. So I should go to the football page for recruit info? And I will save the more savant of you the time, yes I know,  I should just go.

Current recruiting news dashboard:

Herb Hand has followed every decent GT o-lineman. More info to come.

Drayton offered a couple of RBs but now he's leaving and they're not coming (they probably weren't coming anyway).

Collins is probably coming, and Princely still seems interested.

Everything else is on hold pending new coaching hires.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Current recruiting news dashboard:

Herb Hand has followed every decent GT o-lineman. More info to come.

Drayton offered a couple of RBs but now he's leaving and they're not coming.

Everything else is on hold pending new coaching hires.

See? That's all l asked for>>an update. I will go back to sleep now.

1 minute ago, ausjala said:

See? That's all l asked for>>an update. I will go back to sleep now.

The other important thing, though it really belongs in the '21 thread, is that our big Elite Day for juniors is next weekend and a whole bunch of our best commits and targets are coming. So we better get our shit together soon.

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The other important thing, though it really belongs in the '21 thread, is that our big Elite Day for juniors is next weekend and a whole bunch of our best commits and targets are coming. So we better get our shit together soon.

You have to think coaching staff fills out and makes it to Austin before the Junior Day event. If not, then give Herman the pink slip immediately.