Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

That's clearly the plan so the real problem here is all you recruiting honks that haven't scoured the internet to see what defensive line coach has not been mentioned in any recruiting stories recently at other schools. Or who has been removed from the staff directory at his now former school or the coaches page at his now former NFL employer. Basically @texifornia is lazy and we need @Machinator back.

Also, do we know for a fact that Machinator didn't die? I mean he posted dozens and dozens of times on the TX/OU game thread then nothing.

That game has broken many a men.. I fear all may be lost.

4 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

That game has broken many a men.. I fear all may be lost.

Dear Surly - I have become a cyborg. Tell the recruiting board that there is information out here that cannot even be found on message boards. Surly, all we had is dead, as I am dead. Assimilate another.       --Machinator

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Dear Surly - I have become a cyborg. Tell the recruiting board that there is information out here that cannot even be found on message boards. Surly, all we had is dead, as I am dead. Assimilate another.       --Machinator

What, did that come on HBO recently or something?

20 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

What, did that come on HBO recently or something?

No. I haven't seen it in years. Two appropriate opportunities to reference the insane meltdown of a great character came up within a week's time and now I've got Legends of the Fall on loop in my basement? Sorry for partying beyond your typical reach of the Marvel and Star Wars universes, sir.

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

No. I haven't seen it in years. Two appropriate opportunities to reference the insane meltdown of a great character came up within a week's time and now I've got Legends of the Fall on loop in my basement? Sorry for partying beyond your typical reach of the Marvel and Star Wars universes, sir.

I literally just asked if it was on HBO recently you cocksucker, no one implied you had added it to your recent masturbatory rotation. I know you're busy watching The Crown for the 4th time through with your wife in between viewings of the Downton Abbey movie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I literally just asked if it was on HBO recently you cocksucker, no one implied you had added it to your recent masturbatory rotation. I know you're busy watching The Crown for the 4th time through with your wife in between viewings of the Downton Abbey movie.

Bizarrely, she wasn't interested in The Crown. We watched like 3 episodes and she was out. Beyond that, you cast aspersions at Downton Abbey at your own peril. Both the series and the movie are extremely well done and quite frequently led to me getting laid. 

• Haha 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Anyone that could marry, and remain married to CTJ is likely to consume an incredible amount of Grey's Anatomy and Tito's.

1 minute ago, Right53VeerPass said:

Sources are saying Machinator's last words were as follows: I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Message boards on fire due to coaching rumors. I watched crystal balls glitter in the dark near Belmont. All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

I almost went with this one. I'm glad to see someone do it, and do it well.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Right53VeerPass said:

Sources are saying Machinator's last words were as follows: I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Message boards on fire due to coaching rumors. I watched crystal balls glitter in the dark near Belmont. All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

giphy.gif

Horns 247 / Gabe Brooks / What to know about new Texas receiver target Savion Williams

Spoiler

What to know about new Texas receiver target Savion Williams

GabeBrooks

Marshall (Texas) High School 2020 four-star receiver Savion Williams reported a Texas offer early Tuesday afternoon, something that seemed like it was very likely to happen given the buzz behind the scenes in recent days. Williams recently named a top three of Arkansas, TCU, and SMU, but Texas joining the race could change things down the stretch. Here's what to know about the Longhorns' new receiver target:

Recruiting: Williams committed last May to Arkansas and remained pledged into November to the Razorbacks, but he re-opened his recruitment upon the firing of then-head coach Chad Morris. Jeff Traylor, now head coach at UTSA, and receivers coach Justin Stepp, who was retained at Arkansas, were instrumental in Williams' recruitment to the Hogs.

Williams named Arkansas, TCU, and SMU as his top three schools and has taken his official visits to SMU (mid-December) and Arkansas (this past weekend). He will officially visit TCU this weekend. But Texas offering Williams makes this a four-team race down the stretch. We believe that he will take an official visit Jan. 31 weekend to Texas, but have not yet confirmed. Williams has said multiple times this month he will announce his decision on National Signing Day (Wednesday, Feb. 5)

Rankings: The industry-generated 247Sports Composite rates Williams as a high three-star recruit ranked No. 93 nationally among 2020 receiver prospects and No. 75 overall regardless of position in the state of Texas. However, Williams is a 247Sports four-star ranked 44th nationally among 2020 wideouts and 36th overall in the Lone Star State's 2020 class.

Stats: Forced into playing quarterback as a senior, Williams finished the 2019 season with 1,053 passing yards, eight touchdowns, and one interception, along with 541 yards and nine touchdowns on 12.0 yards per carry. In limited time at wideout, Williams caught 12 passes for 121 yards and two scores. His breakout junior season saw him catch 43 passes for 656 yards and 11 scores on 15.3 yards per reception.

Evaluation notes: Williams is a specimen of a receiver in the 6-foot-4, 205-pound range with a huge catch radius and frame space to get to 220 pounds with ease in a college strength and conditioning program. Williams owns a very high ceiling as a red-zone ball-winner thanks to his size and high-pointing ability. He also has shown a unique ability to adjust to the ball mid-flight relative to his size. He shows good ball-tracking ability in the deep portion of the field and his speed-building long stride gives him better-than-expected top-end speed for his size.

While there is a lack of context regarding Williams' athleticism from a combine testing and track standpoint, his ability on the basketball floor gives you a glimpse of his functional athleticism that translates to the gridiron. Williams is a leaper who plays above the rim for Marshall's basketball squad. He has assembled some pretty eye-opening tape so far this basketball season, showing impressive explosiveness as a finisher and a shot-blocker.

Williams will need to improve the technical aspects of his game as a receiver because he is raw and all tools right now. But make no mistake, those tools are special, and we are confident in him being a four-star talent right now and moving forward. His development might take a little bit of time, but he possesses an NFL ceiling.

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Bizarrely, she wasn't interested in The Crown. We watched like 3 episodes and she was out. Beyond that, you cast aspersions at Downton Abbey at your own peril. Both the series and the movie are extremely well done and quite frequently led to me getting laid. 

Did he treat you nice?

12 minutes ago, Hornsfan91 said:

Wells just posted this. I’m thinking Texas just got a transfer. 

Do we not think that's a reference to Giles and Wilbon entering the portal?  (Although, if it is, it's really weird that Wells conveyed it by showing a longhorn coming out of the portal, instead of one going into the portal.  But then again, Wells never comes across as particularly smart.)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Do we not think that's a reference to Giles and Wilbon entering the portal?  (Although, if it is, it's really weird that Wells conveyed it by showing a longhorn coming out of the portal, instead of one going into the portal.  But then again, Wells never comes across as particularly smart.)

I had that thought as I posted, but the Longhorn portaling into Austin sure makes it seem like an incoming player. Having said that, one should never underrate 9.95ers’ stupidity, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Burt Macklin

6 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I had that thought as I posted, but the Longhorn petaling into Austin sure makes it seem like an incoming player. Having said that, one should never underrate 9.95ers’ stupidity, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Indeed. And like anyone is going to be excited/care about 2 non contributors (not recently in the case of wilbon at least, not shitting on him) that walked on senior night leaving?  Why tweet that unless Wells?

12 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Frenzy just tweeted out about Texags saying they think Evans will enroll at Georgia in the summer.

(Not making this up, btw.)

Someone on UGA 247 reported that Ole Miss 247 reported that UGA 247 reported that UGA had an in-home with Zach.  UGA 247 said it was news to them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Katfid54 said:

Wouldn’t there be two longhorns going in instead of coming out?  Look past your racism and be thoughtful

• Fuck You 1