Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

4 hours ago, Getafix said:

(Not making this up, btw.)

Someone on UGA 247 reported that Ole Miss 247 reported that UGA 247 reported that UGA had an in-home with Zach.  UGA 247 said it was news to them.

But I was told Jimbo was throwing haymakers until the end.

https://247sports.com/ContentGallery/2020-Polynesian-Bowl-top-performers-Oregon-Ducks-Clemson-Tigers-Texas-Longhorns-ASU-Sun-Devils-LSU-WSU-USC-Trojans-Utah-Utes-Washington-Huskies-BYU-142528595/

SIAP.

"RB Bijan Robinson – If this past week was any indication, the five-star running back from Tucson (Ariz.) Salpointe Catholic won't wait long to make an impact for the Texas Longhorns. Robinson is ultra explosive in open space, does well to stay low to the ground to fight off would-be tacklers and has the speed to match the wiggle. He can also be a force as a pass-catcher out of the backfield, making him a candidate to contribute in multiple facets right away."

https://247sports.com/Article/Final-thoughts-from-the-2020-Polynesian-Bowl-Texas-Longhorns-Oregon-Ducks-Arizona-State-Sun-Devils-LSU-Tigers-Oklahoma-Sooners-Stanford-Cardinal-BYU-Cougars-Washington-State-C-142426080/

Top Overall Prospects from the Week

Offense: Bijan Robinson (Texas)

After having played in the All-American Bowl just two weeks prior, Robinson was back on the All-Star circuit, with a tremendous week in Honolulu.  The Texas Longhorn signee brought his A-game every day in practice.  Whether it was running the ball or catching it out of the backfield, Robinson consistently made people miss and showed burst and explosion when in the open field.  The Tucson (Ariz.) Salpointe Catholic was the second highest rated offensive player in the game after D.J. Uiagalelei and with his production the whole week, he gets the nod here.

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, HenryJames said:

The first play is a cheap shit.

Um its a kickoff return, he is literally coached to pick out his man and run and knock the crap out of him to prevent him making the play?  That is his focus, he has no clue what the back behind him is doing wants he turns upfield to block his man.  Thats a good block.

• Like 3

Rivals 250

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals250/2020

Spoiler

18. Bijan Robinson

107. Hudson Card

132. Vernon Broughton

138. Xavion Alford

144. Jerrin Thompson

155. Jake Majors

156. Prince Dorbah

179. JaQuinden Jackson (loooooooool)

182. Troy Omeire

Edited by Ricky's one-hitter

15 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Rivals 250

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals250/2020

Reveal hidden contents

18. Bijan Robinson

107. Hudson Card

132. Vernon Broughton

138. Xavion Alford

144. Jerrin Thompson

155. Jake Majors

156. Prince Dorbah

179. JaQuinden Jackson (loooooooool)

182. Troy Omeire

Ja’Quinden Jackson at 179. Alfred Collins at 146. 
Is this real life? 

Updated ESPN 300

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/playerrankings/_/view/rn300/sort/rank/class/2020

Spoiler

21. Bijan Robinson

34. JQJ (that's more like it)

40. Hudson Card

80. Vernon Broughton

107. Kitan Crawford

127. Jake Majors

164. Prince Dorbah

180. Troy Omeire

198. Xavion Alford

214. Jaylen Garth

218. Logan Parr

261. Jerrin Thompson

Non-Commits

52. Alfred Collins

167. Kevontre Bradford

290. Kelvontay Dixon

Edited by Ricky's one-hitter
  • Like 1

For the life of me, I’ll never understand the consternation over rankings. Feels like we used to ridicule aggy for this behavior during the Fran era.

Sure, Rivals has an agenda and a sketchy approach to ranking kids. Why give them any attention about it at this point.

In summary, get off my lawn.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, RichUT said:

For the life of me, I’ll never understand the consternation over rankings. Feels like we used to ridicule aggy for this behavior during the Fran era.

Sure, Rivals has an agenda and a sketchy approach to ranking kids. Why give them any attention about it at this point.

Thanks for sharing that with us in a recruiting thread

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Updated ESPN 300

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/playerrankings/_/view/rn300/sort/rank/class/2020

Reveal hidden contents

21. Bijan Robinson

40. Hudson Card

80. Vernon Broughton

107. Kitan Crawford

127. Jake Majors

164. Prince Dorbah

180. Troy Omeire

198. Xavion Alford

214. Jaylen Garth

218. Logan Parr

261. Jerrin Thompson

Non-Commits

52. Alfred Collins

167. Kevontre Bradford

290. Kelvontay Dixon

Thats MUCH better. I think JQJ fucked someones mom at Rivals, only explanation

7 minutes ago, RichUT said:

It is slightly Aggyish to get too worked up about it. I think Rivals get people more annoyed because the lack of respect in the rankings for Texas prospects is just another manifestation of the sloth of one parasitical Geoffrey Ketchum. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RichUT said:

Because they're wrong, and being wrong is bad 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Updated ESPN 300

Reveal hidden contents

21. Bijan Robinson

40. Hudson Card

80. Vernon Broughton

107. Kitan Crawford

127. Jake Majors

164. Prince Dorbah

180. Troy Omeire

198. Xavion Alford

214. Jaylen Garth

218. Logan Parr

261. Jerrin Thompson

Non-Commits

52. Alfred Collins

167. Kevontre Bradford

290. Kelvontay Dixon

I wish they'd have a note about how much each guy moves up or down from the previous ranking.  From the looks Collins moved up a bunch and looks like Umanmielen moved up about 50 or so spots.  Doesn't look like they've released the rankings for the top 100 in the state yet.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd