Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

Frenzy posted some screenshots saying the OU in-home visit for Collins didn't happen last night.  Pretty sure he said last week, this week, and next week the Sooners would go all out for in-home visits.  Well, they didn't last week ( maybe 1 coach did?? ), and now they've missed this week.  Riley and co. are supposed to see him Tuesday.  

I guess Herman and staff will be doing the rounds for in-home this upcoming week?

OU 247 / Brandon Drumm / Drumm Beat: Quick Alfred Collins (Update 5:00pm)

Spoiler

Drumm Beat: Quick Alfred Collins (Update 5:00pm)11VIP

Brandon Drumm
Update 5pm Saturday:

Spoke more with Collins this afternoon. He said OU went to his game last night and Collins confirmed Riley would be at his game Tuesday night and added, “We will talk and hang out afterward.”

Again, I’m slated to speak with Collins after days in-home visit on Tuesday.

So, the Sooners didn’t do an in-home with the four-star last night, according to Alfred Collins himself.

I spoke to Collins during the lunch hour and he told me OU will be by to see him on Tuesday and he expects a full house of Sooners coaches.

OU and Collins are still very much communicating and the Sooners are working hard to make a last second move.

He and I agreed to speak after the in-home sometime Wednesday so I hope to have more on it later on.

So, the drama that is Alfred Collins recruitment continues. It’s been one of the more interesting ones I’ve followed.

11 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Frenzy posted some screenshots saying the OU in-home visit for Collins didn't happen last night.  Pretty sure he said last week, this week, and next week the Sooners would go all out for in-home visits.  Well, they didn't last week ( maybe 1 coach did?? ), and now they've missed this week.  Riley and co. are supposed to see him Tuesday.  

I guess Herman and staff will be doing the rounds for in-home this upcoming week?

Here y'are. I was at a dog show all day.

Spoiler

EPJ52jWU4AIP6tx?format=jpg&name=smallEPJ565-WsAAaIY6?format=png&name=360x360EPJ59I3WsAImBev?format=jpg&name=smallEPJ5-YKXsAI4RrP?format=jpg&name=small

I am guessing that they have already found a current DL coach that is going to stay with his team through signing day....

Hopefully we get some better info the next week on who actually is a going to be a target of the final spots and how many we truly take because we take a couple extras as grad transfers.

I am guessing that they have already found a current DL coach that is going to stay with his team through signing day....

Hopefully we get some better info the next week on who actually is a going to be a target of the final spots and how many we truly take because we take a couple extras as grad transfers.

Correct

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

In the words of the Virgin Mary, Come Again?

Girls love bitches. It was one of the ones with the open backstages where you can chill with the dogs when they're not doing activities.

I hung out with a friendly borzoi for a while, which was one of the high points of the year so far, those are very cool dogs.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Girls love bitches. It was one of the ones with the open backstages where you can chill with the dogs when they're not doing activities.

I hung out with a friendly borzoi for a while, which was one of the high points of the year so far, those are very cool dogs.

So you picked up some bitches?

2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

SGW as cover for Princely? Really? Would you please expand?

Well, I guess he was more of a replacement for Fillinger now that I think about it. Basically, we're not totally hamstrung by only going after the big three Texas DL.

Edited by texifornia

22 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Princely may be trending Baylor according to TFB.  Seems a bit odd, but oh well.

I've been to Waco a couple of times - I question the sanity of anyone who willfully chooses to spend 4 years of their life there   over Austin. Miserable dump of a town with fake ass religious cultists that turn a blind eye to rape. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

I've been to Waco a couple of times - I question the sanity of anyone who willfully chooses to spend 4 years of their life there   over Austin. Miserable dump of a town with fake ass religious cultists that turn a blind eye to rape. 

I mean it works for Chip and Joanna Gaines, amirite?

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

I guess Super K knows something with that tweet about the Baylor DL coach hire. Still not sure what the connection is though. 

Rivals post from last year.  If it was true then, it’s going to still be true at Baylor  

On LSU: "I text Coach DJ (Dennis Johnson). I told him I didn't like how their defensive line just clashes the whole game, so we've been talking about going down there and playing some stand-up outside linebacker." 

2 hours ago, 6th Street said:

I live north of that shit hole and can confirm it is pretty miserable. Especially right now with construction going on. Plus the night life is less than desirable. Waco is pretty fucking boring, and trashy 

• Like 1