Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I am actually higher on Umanlymanishman than pretty much anyone I've spoken to or read. I think he's a victim of having a low starting point with expectations and people are overrating the need for top end quickness at his position. I don't think he's going to be elite, but I do think he can achieve Cedric Woodard levels or better, and that would be a highly productive strongside DE player. He's big, quick enough, strong, nasty, and smart. Time will tell. I'd rather have him than watch him kick ass at Florida. I've seen most people view him as basically a high end "meh", my friends that are involved with this stuff included. I'm interested to see things unfold.

That said, I can also see him being damn near a given to leave quickly from his first landing spot. There's a decent-sized flake factor with him. One thing is certain, and this is absurd to consider, but if I had a choice between sending my kid to play for Tom Herman and Dan Mullen, I'd do one of: encourage the kid to flee the country; join the military; or sign with Tom Herman. Dan Mullen is a scumbag and has the ethics of a KGB operative.

I went to Cedric Woodard's b-day party at Osio's back in 2004.  Got to hang out with him, Priest, Scaife, VY and a few others. My love for asian wimminz with cornrolls and high heel boots started that night/csb

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I am actually higher on Umanlymanishman than pretty much anyone I've spoken to or read. I think he's a victim of having a low starting point with expectations and people are overrating the need for top end quickness at his position. I don't think he's going to be elite, but I do think he can achieve Cedric Woodard levels or better, and that would be a highly productive strongside DE player. He's big, quick enough, strong, nasty, and smart. Time will tell. I'd rather have him than watch him kick ass at Florida. I've seen most people view him as basically a high end "meh", my friends that are involved with this stuff included. I'm interested to see things unfold.

But what do you think of his motivation? Is he going to threaten the coaches when pushed? He has decent athleticism and has the potential to be a solid player. I am not very confident that he will live up to his potential, especially at his first landing spot.

23 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:
2 hours ago, Fud said:

Seems like a good bet that both Bijan and Collins will be in it. 247 has a ton of National guys on site for the Army All American  game (as opposed to UA), so they got to see a lot of Collins in person for the first time in a while, or maybe ever for some of them. 

Fong has Collins at like #16 or something in the country 

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

But what do you think of his motivation? Is he going to threaten the coaches when pushed? He has decent athleticism and has the potential to be a solid player. I am not very confident that he will live up to his potential, especially at his first landing spot.

Not to go full harvDog here but where is Princely getting all this flak from?  Because he de-committed late in the season?  Most of this board was SICK of TO and his lack of adjustments.  So we think the kid is a primadona because of that?

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

That said, I can also see him being damn near a given to leave quickly from his first landing spot. There's a decent-sized flake factor with him. One thing is certain, and this is absurd to consider, but if I had a choice between sending my kid to play for Tom Herman and Dan Mullen, I'd do one of: encourage the kid to flee the country; join the military; or sign with Tom Herman. Dan Mullen is a scumbag and has the ethics of a KGB operative.

I like him quite a bit as a pure football prospect, but I don’t see a ton of likelihood that he becomes more than a solid starter. He doesn’t project to having elite pass rush potential IMO so he has a quite lower ceiling than guys like Broughton or Collins  He’s also a raw prospect, and I don’t get the impression he has a tremendous work ethic, so I’m dubious about him reaching his ceiling. The work ethic plus the attrition risk cancel out his potential for me. I have a lot easier time picturing him being lazy, becoming discontent and trashing the program to recruits before transferring to a JUCO than I do seeing him reach his full potential as a football player. 

We’ve already had a lot of attrition in 2019, so wasting a spot on him could hurt us moving forward. 

6 minutes ago, Fud said:

Fong has Collins at like #16 or something in the country 

Simmons has been hinting for a month now that Collins was a borderline 5 star and that he could see him getting that 5th star by the final rankings.  He's high on him too, but he's a size queen after-all.

3 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Not to go full harvDog here but where is Princely getting all this flak from?  Because he de-committed late in the season?  Most of this board was SICK of TO and his lack of adjustments.  So we think the kid is a primadona because of that?

Because we've been paying attention? I mean, I'm not going to compile a list of his shit, but he's shown himself to be a bandwagon Most-Popular-Team-At-The-Time recruit who has been the epitome of a fairweather recruit. He's been committed to UT, and almost committed to aTm, Baylor, and others, and he's done it all while throwing shade on twitter to schools that he loved a week before. He just seems like a flake. 

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Because we've been paying attention? I mean, I'm not going to compile a list of his shit, but he's shown himself to be a bandwagon Most-Popular-Team-At-The-Time recruit who has been the epitome of a fairweather recruit. He's been committed to UT, and almost committed to aTm, Baylor, and others, and he's done it all while throwing shade on twitter to schools that he loved a week before. He just seems like a flake. 

I thought I remembered most of this cycle.. I know the aggy boards were saying he was theirs but I don't believe Princely ever indicated he was leaning that way.

36 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

As Tex said, the entire WR room was trashing their coach and half were and might still be transfer risks. Shepherd was definitely negatively recruiting us after he threatened to kill Yancey McKnight. It was pretty bad. 

What was his problem with Yancey?  Seems like all the players respect him.  Was it just the fact that Yancey was on his ass all the time to give effort and he didn't like that?  I assumed the racist comments someone alluded to were from Meh.

13 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Simmons has been hinting for a month now that Collins was a borderline 5 star and that he could see him getting that 5th star by the final rankings.  He's high on him too, but he's a size queen after-all.

Back when posters/boards didn’t know anything about Princely besides his hudl and offers, a poster on another site who knows his coaches and teaches talked about him not having good character, and to go ahead and downgrade him appropriately. Then later on he was flaky and trolly.

7 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

What was his problem with Yancey?  Seems like all the players respect him.  Was it just the fact that Yancey was on his ass all the time to give effort and he didn't like that?  I assumed the racist comments someone alluded to were from Meh.

Never heard specifics. I just assume Yancey asked him to do something unreasonable like show up and give maximum effort. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

6 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

JGBYNIp.jpg

2 hours ago, Snowy said:

*** 2020 DL Princely Umanmielen is coming off of his Florida visit…sounds like the visit went really well and it appears that Florida has taken the lead. Dan Mullen flew out to see Princely’s mom yesterday and while his mom has wanted him to stay close to home, it sounds like he has made quite the impression on mom.

Princely's mom must be a blithering idiot.