Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

Roach on Collins/Rakestraw OV's

Spoiler

Princely Umanmielen is still at Baylor. I’m told that the visit went well to Texas, in fact, I was told it “couldn’t have gone better.” I checked with some sources on the Baylor side, and it sounds like things are going very well for them. In checking with sources near Florida, there was a feeling from the Gators’ staff that Umanmielen will stay in state. Reading the tea leaves, it sounds like this is coming down to a Texas/Baylor battle. I’ll have more in The Stampede.

Ennis Rakestraw should be wrapping up his visit soon. I’m told that his visit also went well, and Chris Ash and Jay Valai have been putting in overtime. I believe this race will come down to Texas and Missouri, but Alabama could be a factor. More in The Stampede.

TLDR: Visits went well and Roach doesn't know shit

• Like 2

If I can attempt analyze his choice of pictures:
The Texas picture is twice as big as the other two because he likes us more. His hands are together as if thanking God that he was offered by UT.
The Missouri pic has a chain around his neck because that’s what they literally had to do to him onto campus.
The Bama pic he’s biting his lip to prevent him from telling his hosts how badly Alabama sucks.

I think it’s safe to put him in the calculator.
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Teryor said:

Hide contents

Princely Umanmielen is still at Baylor. I’m told that the visit went well to Texas, in fact, I was told it “couldn’t have gone better.” I checked with some sources on the Baylor side, and it sounds like things are going very well for them. In checking with sources near Florida, there was a feeling from the Gators’ staff that Umanmielen will stay in state. Reading the tea leaves, it sounds like this is coming down to a Texas/Baylor battle. I’ll have more in The Stampede.

Ennis Rakestraw should be wrapping up his visit soon. I’m told that his visit also went well, and Chris Ash and Jay Valai have been putting in overtime. I believe this race will come down to Texas and Missouri, but Alabama could be a factor. More in The Stampede.

That’s peak 9.95 bullshit. It’s only missing “knocked it out of the park”. In other words, it comes down to the same competition and he doesn’t know anything new. 

28 minutes ago, Teryor said:

Hide contents

The best info money can buy.

39 minutes ago, Teryor said:

Reveal hidden contents

12 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

That’s peak 9.95 bullshit. It’s only missing “knocked it out of the park”. In other words, it comes down to the same competition and he doesn’t know anything new. 

Yep. I don't know how to gauge a football visit without a baseball metaphor.

lmu6ue.gif

I'm in the dark here!

• Haha 1

A devout cowboy lost his favorite Bible while he was mending fences out on the Savannah. Three weeks later, a Rhinoceros walked up to him carrying the Bible in its mouth. The cowboy couldn't believe his eyes. He took the precious book out of the Rhinos mouth, raised his eyes heavenward and exclaimed, "It's a miracle!" "Not really," said the Rhino. "Your name is written inside the cover”.

Errrrbody!

4 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

Has the Hammster spoken? It still being Groundhog Day, I assume he at least stuck his head out long enough to make a call.

I read that a study showed that a study showed that the Groundhog has predicted accurately only 40 percent of the time.  Granted that's a way higher precentage than the Hammster but you would literally do better flipping a coin.

1 minute ago, nycHorn said:

TFB on Rakestraw:

Reveal hidden contents

This past weekend 2020 CB, Ennis Rakestraw (Duncanville) took his official visit to Texas. Rakestraw is down to a top three of Texas, Missouri and Alabama.

Rakestraw has the longest standing relationship with the Missouri staff. They’ve been recruiting Ennis since last spring and offered him this fall. So, going into this visit, I felt they were in the lead.

So could Texas do enough to bridge the relationship gap?

I spoke with Rakestraw last night. I asked him to go through each of his final three schools and discuss why he would or wouldn’t choose that particular school.

***Alabama

If he chose Alabama, Rakestraw said it would be because it was his dream school. He also added that coach Saban runs a successful program and they’ve done a great job of putting guys into the league.

If he doesn’t choose Alabama, he says it would likely be because of the depth at Alabama. The possibility of getting on the field early isn’t as great.

***Missouri

If he chose Missouri, Ennis says it would be due to the relationships he has with the staff.

If he didn’t choose Missouri, he says it would be due to the distance from home and the convenience for his family making it to games. He actually specifically brought up Texas as being more convenient for his family.

***Texas

If he chose Texas, Ennis says, “why wouldn’t I choose Texas? I mean, it’s my home state. It’s Texas and it’s convenient for my family”

And if he didn’t go Ennis said very simply, “it would’ve been because of the relationships but after this visit I got that figured out”. In other words, there no longer seems to be any reason for him not to choose Texas.

My Take

I came away from that conversation feeling pretty confident that Texas is now the team to beat. Whatever advantage Missouri may have had in terms of relationships, Ennis indicated that Texas evened the playing field. Where Missouri can’t compete with Texas is in distance to home and the status of the University of Texas in the mind of a Texas native.

Rakestraw says he will announce his decision on Wednesday morning and I think you’ll be glad you tuned in for it.

Fuck yes

Rakestraw says he will announce his decision on Wednesday morning and I think you’ll be glad you tuned in for it.

This sounds good but Surly will be on pins and needles alcohol and pain killers until Roach chimes in with an update of his own.

Edited by Chopper
  • Like 1