Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

1 minute ago, NoName said:

i mean, why would the kid RT it and joke at this point? kid also RT'd Sam Spiegelman's tweet (he credited Jason S) and another Texas fan account who tweeted him (weird)

Could be a PWO. I see these type tweets like this all the time where they don't mention it's a preferred walk-on offer. 

1 minute ago, NoName said:

i mean, why would the kid RT it and joke at this point? kid also RT'd Sam Spiegelman's tweet (he credited Jason S) and another Texas fan account who tweeted him (weird)

Kids misunderstand things and think they’re offered when they’re not all the time. He’s not necessarily trolling. 

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

It's always fun to watch the fanbase slowly realize their head coach might be fraud. 

This isn't exactly fair, my man. You make it sound like a healthy portion of the recruiting board hasn't been pretty critical of big and little issues for awhile now. 

That being said, no doubt the football board is a fucking cesspool of idiocy. They're over there talking themselves into the Hagen hire like clockwork as if he isn't a shitty coach from a shitty football school in a shitty flyover state of a dying area of the country. But those guys clearly aren't slowly realizing shit yet. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, pacman said:

I have a hard time feeling bad about any SMALL class that pulls the nation's top RB (from out of state no less), 14 4*, and a ton of ol/dl talent that will not have to play right away, unless they show out.

No doubt Herman blew the season but not the recruiting class imo

Burton sux.

Hope you remember this post when we're suffering from depth issues at CB and LB down the road. Or, alternately, when Johnston and Williams are roasting our secondary in a couple of years instead of TCU's. But yeah, Burton and anyone else who points out these issues "sucks" because we landed 14 4-stars. 

• Fuck You 6

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

Hope you remember this post when we're suffering from depth issues at CB and LB down the road. Or, alternately, when Johnston and Williams are roasting our secondary in a couple of years instead of TCU's. But yeah, Burton and anyone else who points out these issues "sucks" because we landed 14 4-stars. 

He won't have to remember it - you've got it bookmarked.

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Are you always a miserable bitch? 

9 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

It's always fun to watch the fanbase slowly realize their head coach might be fraud. 

It’s also fun to watch the fan base freaking out about an offer that was always likely a misunderstanding by the kid combined with Suchomel being a lazy, worthless fuck. 

• Like 5

Just now, satyanash said:

There's being positive, and then there's being willfully myopic. Handwaving away the significant issues with our class because 'we signed 14 4-stars' falls squarely in the latter category.

Well this isn't solely what Burtons bitch filled article was referencing

Guys Ive been watching football for over 30 years, and all I can say is that Jordon Williams has "IT". His film speaks for itself and I don't really care what the services say. These guys get paid millions to make these evaluations, what do you get paid? Football is about more than offers and theres too many good players to catch them all, I just feel so blessed that we caught this one in the end. Honestly, I feel like fate brought Jordan Williams to this point. You will never know what is in the heart of a warrior. I can actually say I'm proud to have seen his film and know about this incredibly fine young man. I'm inspired. This really wraps up the whole cycle for me on a major positive note. Huge addition to this class. We need soldiers, not recruiting prima donnas. My wife left me after 20 years of marriage, but I can tell this kid knows something about commitment just by the way he shows up to work every day. He deserves this, so good to see good things happen to good people. This is really good. My wife told me she never loved me and took pretty much everything I have, but this kid makes it all worth it. I can really say I'm like a proud dad. Congrats Jordan, I can't wait to take this journey with you. 

• Like 5

Just now, Caddox said:

Guys Ive been watching football for over 30 years, and all I can say is that Jordon Williams has "IT". His film speaks for itself and I don't really care what the services say. These guys get paid millions to make these evaluations, what do you get paid? Football is about more than offers and theres too many good players to catch them all, I just feel so blessed that we caught this one in the end. Honestly, I feel like fate brought Jordan Williams to this point. You will never know what is in the heart of a warrior. I can actually say I'm proud to have seen his film and know about this incredibly fine young man. I'm inspired. This really wraps up the whole cycle for me on a major positive note. Huge addition to this class. We need soldiers, not recruiting prima donnas. My wife left me after 20 years of marriage, but I can tell this kid knows something about commitment just by the way he shows up to work every day. He deserves this, so good to see good things happen to good people. This is really good. My wife told me she never loved me and took pretty much everything I have, but this kid makes it all worth it. I can really say I'm like a proud dad. Congrats Jordan, I can't wait to take this journey with you. 

Don't forget the "one of the strongest players in the state" cliche.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Caddox said:

guess we found out who is really behind the @Hank Scorpio account...

1 minute ago, Caddox said:

That took so long to write, the kid is literally committed to Prairie View A&M now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

That being said, no doubt the football board is a fucking cesspool of idiocy. 

Whereas we here on the recruiting board are paragons of rational thinking. 

Anyone who denies the law of non-contradiction should be beaten and burned until he admits that to be beaten is not the same as not to be beaten, and to be burned is not the same as not to be burned.

4 minutes ago, Caddox said:

I assume you were able to watch him play in person and not have to rely on the antiquated methods of technology?

1 hour ago, Longhorn94 said:

HA! Meant Palo Alto. Sorry. But my point remains. The weather is better in Austin. Its prettier. Its more fun. Palo Alto sucks. If you drive an hour north or south, you can find some fun stuff. but good luck with the traffic. And since the schools are comparable, why bother?

Don't do this.

• Like 1