Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

11 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Kinda weird to have Barron come over and then choose Florida, right?  9.95. 

9 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I think that would be peak Princely, personally. 

2 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

if that's legit signed by Earl Thomas, then fuck Princely in the ass if he chooses some other school.

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Great. Stoked to never see him again.

Yeah, I’m perfectly happy with him not attending Texas, and his signing day antics only confirm that. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Genuine non-snarky question, who would have been the LB targets that we should have pursued that we didn't?

Texas and To Orlano buttfucked the recruitments of Deshaun White and Josh White in the exact same manner. Both players came in excited about the prospect of playing at Texas. Texas and Orlano decided that each player was an inch or two too short to be a quality LB prospect at Texas. Rock stupid meatheads do shit like that without realizing that if those players aren't the guys, other players need to be targeted instead. At some point, TO apparently convinced himself that he could fill all of his LB spots by stretching DEs backwards and stretching NBs/Safeties forward.

Whether tomorrow or 40 years from now, when I hear it announced or through the grapevine that that motherfucker has left this planet, I'll smile and be comforted by the knowledge that this rock got a little smart without his fucking ass wandering it.

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

I don't know if you noticed, but I'm not the only one pointing out the issues with this class. Not by a long shot.

But by all means, continue to stick you head in the sand and whine about anyone who doesn't have the same rosy outlook you do.

The guy you are responding to is a waste of bandwidth. Seriously, go look at his posting history. Nothing substantive. Put him on ignore and move on. At least you bring some thought occasionally to your takes. That bitch isn't worth the bullet.

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

Do you honestly think people are pumping sunshine around here? Look around. We are at the threshold of hell. 

Worse? How could things get any worse? Take a look around here, Newy25. We're at the threshold of hell.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I don’t get the “loyalty” angle. I remember the first offer/show of interest I received academically was from Kenyon College in bumfuck Ohio when I was a junior. That loyalty immediately evaporated as soon as better offers came in. Why should the first school showing up ever receive anything other than politeness in a recruitment? I get it’s all personal emotions, but it is bizarre. 

Fucking this.  My daughter got "offered" by Hardin-Simmons for XC after her freshman year. 

Wife and I both would have killed her if she had ended up at HSU.

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The guy you are responding to is a waste of bandwidth. Seriously, go look at his posting history. Nothing substantive. Put him on ignore and move on. At least you bring some thought occasionally to your takes. That bitch isn't worth the bullet.

You put me on ignore because you lost an argument. I would say that's substantive. At least when Satya is a bitch he doesn't run and hide with the ignore feature. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

11 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

What are the odds he ends up in the portal in the next 18 months? 95%?

I guess it depends on how mad momma stays.  Depth works out well for him and hes lining up with some freaks that should keep him in plenty of one-on-ones.  

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Whether tomorrow or 40 years from now, when I hear it announced or through the grapevine that that motherfucker has left this planet, I'll smile and be comforted by the knowledge that this rock got a little smart without his fucking ass wandering it.

A lot of good candidates to die today, but honestly, the one I'm most confident about is that you should just go have your cat euthanized.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Texas and To Orlano buttfucked the recruitments of Deshaun White and Josh White in the exact same manner. Both players came in excited about the prospect of playing at Texas. Texas and Orlano decided that each player was an inch or two too short to be a quality LB prospect at Texas. Rock stupid meatheads do shit like that without realizing that if those players aren't the guys, other players need to be targeted instead. At some point, TO apparently convinced himself that he could fill all of his LB spots by stretching DEs backwards and stretching NBs/Safeties forward.

Worse? How could things get any worse? Take a look around here, Newy25. We're at the threshold of hell.

This is the quality rage I came here to entertain myself with!  

darren criss glee GIF

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

My daughter wanted a kitten for her birthday. We reluctantly were manipulated into agreeing. Wife takes her to adopt one. They come home with a 9 month old orange juvenile named “Cheeto”. It’s damn near feral. For a year it has been terrorizing my wife and daughter through the house. Last night I was awoken to my wife begging me to help remove the fucking thing from looming over her face like it was about to eat her. This cat would destroy that wrinkled thing. Only good thing I got out of it was that they agreed to change his name to Teh Major, which is fun to watch a bunch of little kids screaming at a psycho fucking cat. 

Maybe @SydneyCarton can pick you out a foster dog to go with it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

I guess it depends on how mad momma stays.  Depth works out well for him and hes lining up with some freaks that should keep him in plenty of one-on-ones.  

It's not going to be about momma, although I guess it could factor. It'll be about the fact that he's allergic to effort.

That DE depth chart has guys like Bogle, Chatfield, Carter, Summerall, even Powell. So my guess is that he'll eat his way towards the DT spot and then be pissed that he's not being used as a rush end (he's the last person to actually realize where he belongs, where his body and his natural talent best fit and it shows after every discussion with every coaching staff that he visits). He'll have to play to keep him from the portal and he'll have to work his ass off to play, ergo very high portal likelihood. 

FWIW - he'd have been a highly likely portal candidate at roughly 100% of schools. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Are you this dense? Have you noticed that you're always the one that's called out for being a miserable bitch? 

Everyone but you and ctj notices there were misses in this class but they don't go full bitch mode. 

fify

31 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

He isn't that good a player in the first place.

That's how you go full aggy.

My first offer was Washington St Louis.  I remember asking the coach about their academics and being completely oblivious that they are Ivy League tier.

Loyalty isn't the right word.  There's an emotional rush when you get your first D1 offer.  That rush will always be associated with that school.

Just now, golfclap said:

It's not going to be about momma, although I guess it could factor. It'll be about the fact that he's allergic to effort.

That DE depth chart has guys like Bogle, Chatfield, Carter, Summerall, even Powell. So my guess is that he'll eat his way towards the DT spot and then be pissed that he's not being used as a rush end (he's the last person to actually realize where he belongs, where his body and his natural talent best fit and it shows after every discussion with every coaching staff that he visits). He'll have to play to keep him from the portal and he'll have to work his ass off to play, ergo very high portal likelihood. 

FWIW - he'd have been a highly likely portal candidate at roughly 100% of schools. 

This also bodes well for the UF pursuit of Adeleye, but Tunmise will take Princely's spot on the depth chart as a freshman and he'll portal out to USF or La Tech

16 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I’ll say it again. If we close Collins, then this is a decent class. We had limited slots open, played like shit last year, and booted several coaches. It could have been a lot worse. Now next year, however...no excuses.

This is a bizarre bit of tap dancing that to be honest, I don't understand. You're saying this was a decent class despite the obstacles we faced, but neglect to point out that those obstacles were 100% self-inflicted. There was no fucking excuse for this bullshit THIS year, must less NEXT year. 

Next year's excuse will be "Oh, we were breaking in new systems on both sides of the ball, and new coaches trying to learn our culture" and blah fucking blah blah blah. 2019 could have been an elite class, but it wasn't because of rampant cases of slamming our own balls in a fucking car door. Repeatedly. I'm not going to judge them based on next year while dismissing this one. Ask the Brokermeyer clan how that is working out. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, golfclap said:

DT is thin and full of upperclassmen, so if he can gain some mass it could be a place he could definitely contribute.  Hopefully it works out, the portal is a blessing and a curse.  I cant imagine being a college coach these days.  Recruiting is hard enough without having to try to keep every underclassmen happy so they dont bolt after a year.