Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Yes you stupid fucking dumbass aggy. You wanted both Collins and Broughton, but had no shot at either so you went OOS of state and bought 3 guys. Based on how many of your previous OOS prospects have already portal'd home, there is high probability that 2/3 of those guys will portal in 1-2 years.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Uh oh, y'all. Collins and Broughton might not fit our scheme.

That whole thread is gold.  They say aggy has 5 DL who would start for us and that we are recruiting like they did the last 10 years they were in the Big 12, only getting 4-5 high end players with a bunch of filler.  

9 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Remember when Derek Farmer was better than Cedric Benson?  I do.  Fucking mooks.

Don't forget Sirr Parker > Ricky Williams. And Reggie McNeal > VY. And Dwaine Thomas > Malik Jefferson. And James Lockhart > Charles Omenihu.

Edited by satyanash
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

Don't forget Sirr Parker > Ricky Williams. And Reggie McNeal > VY. And Dwaine Thomas > Malik Jefferson. And James Lockhart > Charles Omenihu.

I'm sure if there had been an internet at the time, we would have been regaled with how Curtis Dickey was better than Earl Campbell. "Fucking mooks" doesn't even begin to describe their inherent, interminable, insufferable insipidity.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Fred Willard said:

Jaden Hullaby may be the Colby jack of all trades in this class. The 49ers proved that there is some serious cheddar to be made as a Swiss Army knife hback/fullback. However we are a pot and three skewers short of a fondu set at linebacker.

Cheese wiz, guys. Curd it out.

53 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

That whole thread is gold.  They say aggy has 5 DL who would start for us and that we are recruiting like they did the last 10 years they were in the Big 12, only getting 4-5 high end players with a bunch of filler.  

Lulz.

Since Jimbo has been at aggy.

5 stars signed - 4

4 stars signed - 39

3 stars signed - 32

Herman during the same time period

5 - 5

4 - 46

3 - 21

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Lulz.

Since Jimbo has been at aggy.

5 stars signed - 4

4 stars signed - 39

3 stars signed - 32

Herman during the same time period

5 - 5

4 - 46

3 - 21

Yeah, but you're probably using the ratings that are altered to make Texas look better and aggie look worse.  

• Like 1

On 2/5/2020 at 4:54 PM, OnAComputer said:

Texas missed on a lot of guys and then they also didn't miss on a lot of a guys. They missed on some of the guys they tried to get to make up for the guys they missed. They didn't miss on some of the guys they tried to get to make up for the guys they missed. They missed on some of the guys they tried to get to make up for the guys they missed who they tried to get to make up for the guys they missed on. They didn't missed on some of the guys they tried to get to make up for the guys they missed who they tried to get to make up for the guys they missed on.

I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

The aggy classes will continue to be highly ranked because they have a complete scheme in place to make illegal inducements. Until Texas starts doing the same, get used to them recruiting at or near our level.

Did they offer Umanmielen a princely sum? 

7 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.

How unAmerican

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Fred Willard said:

Jaden Hullaby may be the Colby jack of all trades in this class. The 49ers proved that there is some serious cheddar to be made as a Swiss Army knife hback/fullback. However we are a pot and three skewers short of a fondu set at linebacker.

to be fair Juszczyk is an extremely unique case who can block like a FB and also can be flexed out and be pretty decent out there as well...

oh yeah, and Kyle Shanahan is actually an excellent scheming coach who finds a way to be both head coach and call plays at the NFL level. 

Just now, NoName said:

to be fair Juszczyk is an extremely unique case who can block like a FB and also can be flexed out and be pretty decent out there as well...

oh yeah, and Kyle Shanahan is actually an excellent scheming coach who finds a way to be both head coach and call plays at the NFL level. 

Yeah, I don’t trust Herman to figure out how to utilize a guy like that, and given our need at LB, plus JQJ starting out at QB, I hope we start Hullaby at LB. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

i really hope Yurkich can

We don’t know how much latitude Yurcich will have under Herman yet, and Yurcich hasn’t traditionally used a FB/H-back. 

It’s not worth pulling a guy away from LB to move to fullback unless you run a system that is designed to utilize that position, a la Shanahan or Riley. Yurcich has shown very promising signs of adapting to his available personnel, but that’s different than having a system designed to utilize such a unique player. I think they need to give him a shot at LB first and only move to H-back if he doesn’t work out there. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

We don’t know how much latitude Yurcich will have under Herman yet, and Yurcich hasn’t traditionally used a FB/H-back. 

It’s not worth pulling a guy away from LB to move to fullback unless you run a system that is designed to utilize that position, a la Shanahan or Riley. Yurcich has shown very promising signs of adapting to his available personnel, but that’s different than having a system designed to utilize such a unique player. I think they need to give him a shot at LB first and only move to H-back if he doesn’t work out there. 

Yurcich has used the h-back and fullback plenty, he just doesn’t usually attempt to scheme them open in the passing game. Frequently they’re running dummy routes to keep someone occupied, or have run blocking assignments in RPOs 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

And not worth moving an underdeveloped athlete into a fluid position. Hullaby needs more development and stability than a utility back project position would provide. 

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

Yurcich has used the h-back and fullback plenty, he just doesn’t usually attempt to scheme them open in the passing game. Frequently they’re running dummy routes to keep someone occupied, or have run blocking assignments in RPOs 

Yeah, I was meaning to say he doesn’t use a H-back/FB like a Shanahan, or even Riley does. there’s just not enough value add in moving a promising athlete there IMO. We have other guys on the roster who can serve as primarily blockers and run a couple flare routes.