Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

9 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

@Machinator trying to act human by using the emoji 😂.  Next it will claim to be a woman...

TARS 2.0

giphy.gif

I think I saw that Sci-Fi movie.  It was called "Her,"  wasn't it? 

Surely there's a whey we can fill the remaining 60+ pages with cheese puns and make it to 1000, right? 

On 2/7/2020 at 11:09 AM, closetojumping said:

Michigan finished 14th. I'll argue that's a weak class for them, but I don't know if you can call it very surprising to the negative. Michigan is like Texas. They should finish in the top 10 in every season in which there isn't a coaching transition. That said, USC was clearly the surprise class to the negative in 2020. Holy shit.

Holy shit is right. 

5 OTs, 3 DTs, 2 WRs, 1 OG, 1 TE, and a kicker.  2/4* and 11/3*, all adding up to the 55th class and tied with Illinois for the fewest number of commits inside the top 100.

But USC fans can keep their heads up, Todd Orlando is the 4th ranked recruiter for the 21 class.  L O fucking L.  

Holy shit is right. 
5 OTs, 3 DTs, 2 WRs, 1 OG, 1 TE, and a kicker.  2/4* and 11/3*, all adding up to the 55th class and tied with Illinois for the fewest number of commits inside the top 100.
But USC fans can keep their heads up, Todd Orlando is the 4th ranked recruiter for the 21 class.  L O fucking L.  
Bru obviously made a great choice. Can't wait to see him light it up with these guys over the next few years.

On 2/7/2020 at 11:09 AM, closetojumping said:

:Class size ended up being 19. It's clear Texas never really angled towards signing a full class, irrespective of how the season was going. That was accurate from folks who know such things. I should have just stayed with that with my prediction, but of course I have to be so fucking smart.

QJ, Princely Uakdifndjd, Eaton, Pouncey, and Ty Jordan would all be takes still.  Maybe missing on QJ or one of the DBs made room for Dixon but it seems to me that they were angling towards full class but with the lack luster season and coaching changes recruiting got away from them and they opted for a smaller class rather than filling up on JAGs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Not real, Suchomel just had a brain fart.

I prefer to think Suchomel supports our campaign to shit post to page 1000.

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Liam Shanahan from the House of Kirkland? Sounds too boujee for the 40 Acres!

3 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

I prefer to think Suchomel supports our campaign to shit post to page 1000.

Liam Shanahan from the House of Kirkland? Sounds too boujee for the 40 Acres!

Liam Shanahan sounds bougie to you? Sounds like Harvard's token townie to me.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/9/2020 at 10:51 AM, Treefidy said:

Holy shit is right. 

Why can’t this fate befall OU or Ohio State?

• Like 1

Meet the 2020 early enrollees on Texas' campus, including recruits with potential for early impact
  • Hudson Card, QB. Hudson Card is the No. ...
  • Vernon Broughton, DT. Vernon Broughton, the No. ...
  • Xavion Alford, S. ...
  • Jerrin Thompson, S. ...
  • Jake Majors OL. ...
  • Troy Omeire, WR. ...
  • Logan Parr, OL. ...
  • Sawyer Goram-Welch, DT.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/texas-longhorns/2020/01/20/meet-the-longhorns-2020-early-enrollees-who-have-arrived-to-campus/

My guess is Broughton is the only one with any real chance at having a role this season.

Edited by pacman

6 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

Will someone please remind me who the early enrollees are? I'm at home sick and scrolling back through this thread to figure it out would literally make me wretch. Good news though--I've not been to China.

Google is your friend: https://www.burntorangenation.com/2020/1/16/21069767/texas-longhorns-early-enrollees-arrive-vernon-broughton-logan-parr-xavion-alford

3 hours ago, pacman said:
Meet the 2020 early enrollees on Texas' campus, including recruits with potential for early impact
  • Hudson Card, QB. Hudson Card is the No. ...
  • Vernon Broughton, DT. Vernon Broughton, the No. ...
  • Xavion Alford, S. ...
  • Jerrin Thompson, S. ...
  • Jake Majors OL. ...
  • Troy Omeire, WR. ...
  • Logan Parr, OL. ...
  • Sawyer Goram-Welch, DT.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/texas-longhorns/2020/01/20/meet-the-longhorns-2020-early-enrollees-who-have-arrived-to-campus/

My guess is Broughton is the only one with any real chance at having a role this season.

Would love to Alford get the max games played and still get to red shirt, just to get him time on the field.... preferably in blow outs or ST

• Like 1

13 hours ago, pacman said:

If I'm an OL who is going to red shirt and then sit for 2 more years, I am NOT going to miss my 2nd semester of senior year of high school.

Everyone else... okay.

These OLs might be playing for another coach by the time they have developed collegiate bodies and adjust to the speed of the college game.

But whatever, good for them. I hope that they get bigger, stronger, faster.

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

If I'm an OL who is going to red shirt and then sit for 2 more years, I am NOT going to miss my 2nd semester of senior year of high school.

Everyone else... okay.

These OLs might be playing for another coach by the time they have developed collegiate bodies and adjust to the speed of the college game.

But whatever, good for them. I hope that they get bigger, stronger, faster.

College chicks

• Like 5