Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

If I'm an OL who is going to red shirt and then sit for 2 more years, I am NOT going to miss my 2nd semester of senior year of high school.

Everyone else... okay.

These OLs might be playing for another coach by the time they have developed collegiate bodies and adjust to the speed of the college game.

But whatever, good for them. I hope that they get bigger, stronger, faster.

The monumental difference in the amount of fun freshman year of college is vs any point in high school is one good reason.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Napoleon said:

If I'm an OL who is going to red shirt and then sit for 2 more years, I am NOT going to miss my 2nd semester of senior year of high school.

Everyone else... okay.

These OLs might be playing for another coach by the time they have developed collegiate bodies and adjust to the speed of the college game.

2 hours ago, Scholz said:

College chicks

2 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

I would've skipped my entire senior year if it was an option. What a waste of time.

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

The monumental difference in the amount of fun freshman year of college is vs any point in high school is one good reason.

Seriously, what high school did Napoleon attend? I would have given anything to swap a year of high school for another year or semester at UT. 

• Like 1

Everyone else... okay.

Jake Majors needs every minute of college s&c he can get
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Some chatter about a possible CB signing being reported by OB ... anyone have details?

(A 247 subscriber said Lorando Johnson ... no idea whether there's any legitimacy to that.)

Huh, well if he can get qualified he's not a terrible lottery ticket. 

And that went so well with Shepherd!

This is the latest HUDL.  He gets called for 3 defensive pass interferences and 1 blind side block on a punt return that I noticed.  I don't recall seeing another highlight reel with so many penalties on the player being highlighted.  On the overall, I don't hate the film, but it's not particularly good either.  Looks like a  mid high 3 star player to me. He lacks elite explosion and seems a touch on the short side.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9402876/5deef23532dd010d38ff908d

Edited by RabidM

Some chatter about a possible CB signing being reported by OB ... anyone have details?
(A 247 subscriber said Lorando Johnson ... no idea whether there's any legitimacy to that.)

Has anyone confirmed this? I haven’t seen the rumor anywhere. Probably not Johnson, though.

It might be someone like Eaton. Hates Norman already. I get it dude, tough luck. Enjoy chokelahoma.

3 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Has anyone confirmed this? I haven’t seen the rumor anywhere. Probably not Johnson, though.

It might be someone like Eaton. Hates Norman already. I get it dude, tough luck. Enjoy chokelahoma.

Based on our last ghost “offer”, we shouldn’t be looking at LSU commits as possibilities. Need to be searching Mississippi valley state or eastern Michigan or grand Tuton central and seeing who could get flipped.  

On 2/12/2020 at 7:08 PM, UTPhil2006 said:

Somewhat serious question. Can you just go back and enroll after graduation or do you have to apply?

I did it.  if you’re a year removed from being enrolled in a class (I think it’s a year) you have to apply for reinstatement.  it’s not the full pain in the ass of applying to school; you basically fill out a form and have to give a reason why you want to be readmitted to classes.  and then it gets approved and you get to creep on 19 year old blonde girls all over again. 

21 minutes ago, Fud said:

Stacy Brown, who will be on a track and field scholarship while being on the football team. He doesn't count against scholarship numbers until/unless he sees the field. 

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/stacy-brown-jr-186218

No 247 profile. Here's his twitter. https://twitter.com/bigstayc