Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

6 hours ago, OB3 said:

Anything good on that Bijan article on the athletic?

Spoiler

Tucson, Ariz., sits nearly two hours south of metropolitan Phoenix, a burgeoning football hotbed. Yet, Rick Garretson, coach of Phoenix-area power Chandler High, knows Bijan Robinson all too well. By late November, when Garretson’s Wolves faced Robinson’s Salpointe Catholic High in a state semifinal, the five-star Texas signee had become one of the most prolific running backs in state history.

Rated as the top prospect at his position in the 2020 class by the 247Sports Composite, Robinson, by Garretson’s estimation, lived up to his reputation. And he looked the part, even in pregame warmups.

“He had his shirt up so he could show his stomach,” Garretson recalled. “We’re over in our area and we’ve got a linebacker named Malik Reed, who’s going to Wisconsin, that has a college football body. Just a yoked-up dude. So here comes Salpointe. Bijan comes out a little bit early by himself, and I’m looking at him thinking, ‘Oh, crap. He’s built like Malik Reed.’

“That was the biggest thing. I’m going, ‘OK, we really need to chuck it up tonight.’”

Robinson finished the night with 119 rushing yards and one touchdown on 18 carries, including a 50-yard run. He also logged four catches for 63 yards. But Garretson was fine with the final result, a 24-16 win for Chandler, after keeping Robinson relatively in check.

It marked the final game of Robinson’s high school career. The 6-foot, 205-pound tailback was named the 2019 Arizona High School Gatorade Player of the Year and became the first to earn consecutive Ed Doherty Awards, presented to the state’s best high school player.

The statistics across Robinson’s senior year were eye-popping. He rushed for 2,235 yards and 38 touchdowns, averaging 17.7 yards per carry and 203.2 yards per game. He busted at least one carry of 30 yards or more in all 11 games. He scored at least three rushing touchdowns in eight games and scored a touchdown on 30.2 percent of his total carries.

Robinson finished as the state’s all-time leader in career touchdowns (114) and second in career rushing yards. His 7,036 yards made him the third player in Arizona history to rush for 7,000 yards. He’s only the second player ever to rush for 2,000 yards in consecutive seasons in Arizona history.

The Big 12 recently announced that football teams could host voluntary activities on campus as early as June 15. The Longhorns are targeting a July 1 report date for incoming freshmen, which could mark Robinson’s highly anticipated arrival to Texas. Those who have watched his career unfold shared what the Longhorns could see from the dynamic back.

Dae Han Chang, a 2020 Salpointe Catholic graduate, played slot receiver and safety for the Lancers alongside Robinson. They first met at 12, playing Pop Warner.

Chang: Back in Pop Warner, Bijan was the same type of person. Everyone knew he was something special, and he’s always been a great person to be around. He’s always had real positive energy. He’s a really, really good guy.

I didn’t know Bijan was going to Salpointe until about two months before we started our summer training when we were incoming freshmen. When we started in May 2016, that was the first time most of us started lifting weights. I remember it was different because we’re all young, pretty small. But Bijan, he was able to bench, like, 185 pounds. We had never worked out before in a gym. That right there showed his natural strength.

bijan-history-3.jpg

Bijan Robinson (second from left) pulled off some memorable plays with his Salpointe Catholic teammates. (Courtesy of Dae Han Chang)

Jeff Scurran is a 45-year coaching veteran, including six years at Tucson Catalina Foothills High. He coached against Robinson three times from 2016-18, prior to retiring.

Scurran: Everybody pretty much knew about Bijan from his youth football days because he stood out even then. He was an early bloomer but he hasn’t stopped. That’s the interesting part.

Tucson is just under a million people. In the whole of southern Arizona, there’s only about five highly competitive football programs in this part of the state. This isn’t the heartbeat of Arizona football — that’s the Phoenix area, and particularly Chandler and Scottsdale. Except for a rare get here and there, that’s where everybody is at.

Robinson notched his first career 100-yard rushing game against Catalina Foothills as a freshman in 2016. He tallied 140 yards and one touchdown on 12 carries.

Scurran: You could see right away how talented he was. They used him very limitedly, but it was just like looking at this kid and thinking, “Oh, gee whiz.”

You get to see kids like that and you’re just watching the team walk around during warmups. He passes the eyeball test with flares. And then you see him run? He runs downhill and makes lateral moves through the hole without changing gears or changing speed. You just don’t see that in many young kids. Heck, you don’t see that in a lot of bigger kids.

In early April 2017, Robinson participated at a Rivals 3-Stripe Camp event hosted at Citrus College in Los Angeles. Ralph Amsden, publisher of ArizonaVarsity.com, was in attendance. Highly touted quarterback prospects, including Clemson’s D.J. Uiagalelei, Alabama’s Bryce Young, Arizona State’s Jayden Daniels, Ohio State’s Jack Miller and South Carolina’s Ryan Hilinski, were among the notable participants.

Amsden: I was out there watching quarterbacks and they didn’t really have too many running backs at the camp. They announced at the end that Bijan Robinson was the winner of the MVP. Somebody leaned over to me and said, “He’s from Arizona!” Well, I had driven all the way out to Citrus College to cover the Arizona kids and I have no idea who this kid was. Had never even heard of him before. He just really impressed them enough that he got the MVP, and there were quite a few guys there that were definitely older than him.

Robinson earned scholarship offers from a swath of Pac-12 schools, including Arizona, Arizona State, Utah and Washington. Robinson’s meteoric rise took shape during his sophomore season.

Scurran: They were running the zone-read (against us). We had kids assigned to their positions. We had kids that wanted to jump in and hit Bijan and test themselves. But we’d always have a problem with that. Whenever they’d pull the ball out of Bijan’s belly and hand it to a scatback, it was devastating because kids would see Bijan, he’d carry out his fake and they knew if you don’t stop Bijan, the game’s over.

We don’t see many players down here that can singularly carry the team. And yet, they didn’t do that. He wasn’t touching the ball 30, 35 times a game.

If you bring eight guys down on them, the little scatback makes you look stupid. That’s exactly what would happen with us. … They’d come to the sideline and say, “Coach, I’m sorry. I just see him attacking the line, and I know if he gets one step, he’s gonna carry it 20 yards.”

Robinson rushed for 2,023 yards and 26 touchdowns, averaging 10.7 yards per carry during his sophomore year. He began drawing significant interest from premier programs across the country, including Ohio State, Texas and LSU.

Player of the game: #SalpointeCatholic RB Bijan Robinson finished with 209 yards on 19 carries & two touchdowns.

Play of the game: #azhsfb

Embedded video

Amsden: He had to meet expectations all throughout high school with three years left. He had to continue to meet those expectations that he was going to be the next great West Coast running back. And he was able to uphold those expectations throughout his entire career, which is really tough for a kid to do because once you get them on the radar of these different recruiting services and they think you’re the best of the best, they stop looking for reasons why you’re good and start looking for reasons why you should be dropped.

Robinson carried his elite form into his junior season. He opened the campaign with a 12-carry, 301-yard outing, along with four touchdowns, against Dobson High.

Chang: I remember we played Dobson away. Bijan, he just did his thing. Nobody expected any less. Playing with Bijan for so long, you just see crazy things — amazing things — outta him. It wasn’t anything that anyone was surprised about.

Chris Semore took over as Vista Grande High’s head coach in 2017. He coached against Robinson twice. In the first matchup, in 2018, Robinson logged four carries for 247 yards and three touchdowns, including an 88-yard run.

Semore: You can game plan all you want. But he’s the type of guy where it doesn’t matter. You can try to put eight, nine guys in the box all you want. You’re gonna have a couple of free hats, but he’s still gonna get 8 or 9 yards and have a chance to go the distance. That’s just the type of talent that he is.

In our state, if you held him under 250 yards, you did a helluva job. There just weren’t very many that could do that. You try to do the best you can and try to get as many guys in the box as you can. And just kind of hope that he’s having an off night.

He didn’t really ever have one. That’s kind of how you approach it.

Those off nights grew increasingly rare for Robinson in 2018. As a junior, he registered 2,400 rushing yards and 35 touchdowns, averaging 184.6 yards per game and 14.1 yards per carry.

Chang: Almost in every game after halftime, he’d be sitting out because we’d be up by so many points and our coach didn’t want him getting hurt. It was like that for most of the starters.

Robinson silently committed to Ohio State before publicly announcing a commitment to Texas entering his senior year. He said that he felt a connection to the Longhorns, whose recruiting efforts were led by running backs coach Stan Drayton, one of three UT position coaches to retain their jobs this offseason. He continued to dominate. In Week 2, Robinson rushed for 430 yards and six touchdowns on 13 carries in a 68-34 win against Desert Edge High. Steve Ortiz Jr., a four-star 2020 cornerback who signed with Minnesota, played defense for Desert Edge that night.

Ortiz: I was at corner that game. I wish I would have been able to play safety so I had more opportunities to tackle him. It was hard because they had a great offensive line, and obviously he’s a great player. Once he got to the second level, it was even harder. His cut and explosiveness were the most memorable thing about him.

Chang: That was his best game. It was pretty crazy. I’m out there at receiver blocking and Bijan was just … it was like nothing. It just looked so easy. He scored one touchdown and then the defense comes on. We stop them, and he scores another one.

Come second quarter, he already had five touchdowns. Every game, he does something new, which is so unbelievable.

Behind Robinson, Salpointe cruised to an undefeated regular season. In the postseason, the Lancers matched up with Chandler in the Open Division semifinals, which ended in defeat. But not without Robinson still flashing what he’s capable of.

Garretson: We had told our kids, “Great running backs are going to get theirs. The big runs and maybe a couple runs. But a great defense will go ahead and basically keep a great running back in check.”

That’s pretty much how our game went. He busted a 50-yarder on the first play of the second half. We were able to keep him in check, but he’s just a guy that any time he touches the ball, he has the ability to go anywhere on the field. … He was the marked guy. No question.

Scurran: Watching that game and watching him crack off a 50-yard play at one point in the semifinal, it was just like — you look at that and say “That’s a man’s play right there. That’s not a high school kid. That’s a man running the ball.” And he’s competing against a bunch of Division I players and he just makes them look like kids.

Chang: Last game against Chandler, it was towards the end of the game. He ran a deep curl and the pass was thrown a little bit high and it was the craziest thing I’d seen. He just jumped in the air. He was super high and just snagged it with one hand. It was so crazy. It was an uncatchable ball.

Garretson: The catch he made! Oh, my God. It was just one of those moments where everybody kind of sits back and goes, “Wow.” And he just got up and did his little first-down sign, gave the ball back to the referee and got back in the huddle and just went about his business.

That one-handed catch was like, “Damn, man. I didn’t know he could catch the ball like that. I knew he could run, but he’s a heck of a receiver, too.”

Semore: If you watched him in that game, you knew he was a dude. Chandler’s the cream of the crop in our state. He still produced at a high level and he still was the best player on the field.

Of all the highlights of Robinson’s high school career, these are the attributes that stood out the most to observers …

Amsden: He’s one of the very first running backs that I’ve ever covered who was that smooth. His movements and cuts and acceleration — it looked like you could legitimately give him the ball 35 times and his style wasn’t gonna change and he wasn’t gonna fatigue. He always seemed to be moving at a different speed than anyone else.

Garretson: He’d just make things look easy, man. He’s a phenomenal, phenomenal ballplayer. Unbelievable kid. He wasn’t coming out when they went empty. He’s running routes. Not every running back is able to do stuff like that.

Scurran: I don’t think he dances — where they stop to make cuts. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him on film do that. He just runs downhill and he runs hard and he protects the ball. He was coached well in high school. All that will make him much more competitive at an earlier age in college.

Semore: The first time you take a look at him on tape you know he’s a Saturday guy. And he’s got that potential to, you know, possibly be a Sunday guy. That’s just the type of athlete that you see when you watch him on tape for the first time. He’s one of those guys that stands out. There’s no question who the alpha is on the field when you turn the tape on.

Chang: Not even just on the field. You see him around school, he’s the nicest guy you’ll meet. He’s more humble than I am and I’m not even half as accomplished as he is. I’m sure a lot of people and a lot of my other teammates or anyone else who’s met him probably agree with that.

Scurran: You see a kid like that and you just go, “Holy moly.” To me, he looked a step more advanced than (former Chicago Bear) Ka’Deem Carey. We’ve had kids like that in the past here, but Bijan looked a step ahead. It was the other things for a coach like me that knows talent is talent. A few special ones have those extra things.

Semore: In our state, we just don’t see a lot of guys with that ability and that kind of talent coming from the running back position. He is who he is. I don’t think he models his game after anybody. I think he just goes out there and does what he does and plays hard and tries to help his team win.

Garretson: When I coached at Servite (Calif.) High, we could never knock (former Carolina Panthers running back) DeShaun Foster off his feet. We could never really knock Bijan Robinson off his feet, coming down the sideline and putting a move on. He gets beat up and he just stays on his feet. Those guys have those particular qualities and make things look easy, where it’s like, “Oh, he’s not running that hard. He’s really not trying. He’s really not going flat-out, right out.” No. He just makes it look effortless. It just looks so simple to him because he’s that far advanced.

Chang: Being able to play with him in high school — freshman and sophomore year, he was young, you know? Wasn’t at his full size yet. Seeing him grow — because there’s always those doubters, he didn’t care about that. He stayed humble, he worked hard and he just grew into the player that he is now. I wouldn’t be surprised if he continues to get better and thrives in college. I have no doubt that he’ll make the NFL.

Garretson: He’s a legend in the city of Tucson. There’s no question. He’s had a phenomenal career, and he’ll do great things to Texas.

• Like 4

https://247sports.com/college/texas/article/texas-longhorns-football-recruiting-dajon-harrison-senior-film-texas-signee-hutto-147583688/

WATCH: Dajon Harrison brings explosive ability in senior film

By  MIKE ROACH   72 minutes ago

When Texas landed Dajon Harrison in November, they added some explosive ability to their offense. The three-star prospect from Hutto originally committed to TCU in March of 2019, and Texas entered the race at the right time.  Just before Harrison was set to make a move to Kansas State, Texas swooped in and landed him. In a senior season at Hutto that was cut short by injury, Harrison contributed 234 rushing yards and 2 touchdowns on 21 carries to go along with 34 catches for 734 yards and 8 touchdowns.

The major recruiting services disagreed on their assessment of Harrison. The industry-generated 247Sports Composite ranked Harrison as a three-star prospect and named him the No. 87 wide receiver in the nation and No. 70 overall prospect in Texas.  The 247Sports rankings also designated Harrison as a three-star prospect, but he ranked as the No. 132 wide receiver in the nation and No. 112 overall prospect in Texas.

247Sports Midlands region recruiting analyst Gabe Brooks compared Harrison to Nebraska wide receiver JD Spielman and wrote the following evaluation.   “Short, compact build that projects best to an inside receiver spot. Limited frame for bulk addition, but built fairly well relative to listed size. Experience at receiver, running back, cornerback, and on special teams. Primarily recruited as a receiver, but also has gotten looks as an athlete or corner. Type of offensive athlete with whom a staff can get creative. Pretty quick off the line and shows impressive lateral mobility in the short area. Capable of stringing together moves to maximize runs and run-after-catch opportunities. Provides consistent big-play ability. Stretches the field in vertical game. Limited defensive experience but encouraging play there. Solid tackler relative to size. Total athletic profile lacks context from measurable standpoint. No verified 40 or shuttle, but owns a promising 100-meter time (11.14). Shows good on-field burst but can improve top-end speed and consistency. Lack of size limits blocking effectiveness at the next level and long-term physical ceiling. Also would present potential red-zone issues in a corner role. Athletic, productive, big-play prospect who projects to Power 5 level.”

Texas signed a class of 20 consisting of four-star Lake Travis quarterback Hudson Card, four-star Cy-Ridge defensive tackle Vernon Broughton, four-star Shadow Creek safety Xavion Alford, four-star Lufkin safety Jerrin Thompson, four-star Prosper center Jake Majors, four-star Fort Bend Austin wide receiver Troy Omeire, four-star San Antonio O’Connor guard Logan Parr, three-star Longview defensive tackle Sawyer Goram-Welch, five-star Tucson (Ariz.) Salpointe Catholic running back Bijan Robinson, four-star Bastrop Cedar Creek Alfred Collins, four-star Duncanville quarterback Ja’Quinden Jackson, four-star Highland Park linebacker Prince Dorbah, four-star John Tyler cornerback Kitan Crawford, four-star Port Neches-Groves offensive tackle Jaylen Garth, four-star Carthage athlete Kelvontay Dixon, four-star Southlake Carroll offensive lineman Andrej Karic, three-star Hutto wide receiver Dajon Harrison, three-star Mansfield Timberview athlete Jaden Hullaby, three-star Frisco Lone Star linebacker Jaylan Ford, four-star Pflugerville Connally cornerback Jahdae Barron and three-star Michigan graduate transfer Tarik Black.

(Sorry can't get Hudl link to work, so open 247 article if you want to see video)

Edited by LTtxfan
technical issues
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Well, I've been hard on him before but Broughton has clearly been putting in A LOT of work. His lateral movement looks outstanding for a guy with legs that long and that kind of mass.

much respect

Maybe Herman will honor Orlando and play Broughton at linebacker dropping back into coverage. Gotta show off that lateral movement!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Well, I've been hard on him before but Broughton has clearly been putting in A LOT of work. His lateral movement looks outstanding for a guy with legs that long and that kind of mass.

much respect

Yeah. He looks really freaking good in that video. If we get a Broughton that’s fully bought in and working his ass off like this, he and Collins are going to wreak havoc together and go very high in the draft. 

2 hours ago, golfclap said:

much respect

I think he will be very good here but i'd like to see him playing in his 2nd/3rd year. Hopefully the years of playing kids who are not ready are over.

Scipio Tex: Impact 2020 Freshmen (Do We Want Them?)

The very concept of Impact Freshmen™ is often as much a sign of a depleted unbalanced roster as the shock and awe of elite freshmen arriving on campus and wrecking shop. If you’re a longtime Texas fan, there's a good chance you've lived multiple cycles of "savior" recruiting classes pressed too soon into action instead of being given a reasonable developmental timeline. You also realize quickly that multiple projected freshman starters doesn't mean your latest class is one for the ages - it means you're going to lose some games.

The good news for 2020 Texas is that the Longhorns will largely feature a roster without glaring holes, save some uncertainty at wide receiver (though no lack of traits) and a linebacker group that won't make anyone forget Keenan Robinson, Malik Jefferson, Jordan Hicks, or Manny Acho anytime soon. Outside of that, a precocious 2020 freshman that makes himself undeniable will need to be a pretty damn good football player to get on the field for anything more than seasoning snaps.

The mechanics of Impact Freshman sort of work like this: How Exceptional Is The Freshman vs. How Glaring The Need? When the calculus shifts towards the latter, the concept of Impact Freshman doesn't quite have the positive quality the concept implies. You might as well call them Desperate Hole Filling Freshman. By contrast, when the talent level of the freshman is so significant that he's beating out quality established veterans, that's the kind of Impact Freshman you want to write about. For a little flavor:

The Desperate Gaping Roster Hole. Starting true freshman center Zach Shackelford. He had to start at a position that favors 3rd to 5th year starters. Bellwether of a program in decline.

Gaping Roster Hole But He's Also Good (Or Will Soon Be). Starting true freshman tackle Sam Cosmi Connor Williams (sorry, crossed my precocious redshirt and true freshman) Great evaluation, stud player, but still masking a depleted program. Malik Jefferson. Flashes of brilliance but ideally should have had a situational role rather than rely on him for 850 snaps.

No Glaring Need, But Damn He's Good, We Gotta Find Him Work. Ricky Williams. Hey, be our fullback splitting carries with Shon Mitchell. Jamal Charles, we see you. Ramonce - want to play some receiver for us to work in the kid? Selvin, you do leadership things.

Yeah, Just Start Him. Roy Williams. Earl Campbell.

Damn He's Good, But Not Yet. Vincent Paul Young, redshirt. Earl Thomas, redshirt. Is it coincidence that these redshirts occurred during an era of Longhorn dominance? No. It is not.

2020 Class

Best case scenario, RB Bijan Robinson has the potential to be a Ricky or JC type of freshman addition. We don't need him - Ingram and RoJo can play - and the position is certainly no glaring hole, but damn he could add a lot. If he does push his way into heavy rotation, it's a good comment on his ability.

DL Vernon Broughton and Alfred Collins profile like athletes whose success will be more of the When rather than Can variety. They're potential monsters. However, given the good depth of the Texas DL and the absence of their key development (and a window into their ability level) of Spring practice, it's a guessing game whether they'll be valuable depth and situational value or a potential late comers who carve out bigger snaps as the season progresses. Four man fronts favor their use, but they've got some good ballplayers to beat out for even depth chart run. We'll see one or both, I'd wager.

WR Troy Omeire is a popular impact freshman choice, but that's more reflective of a wide receiver corps with few clear answers rather than clear difference making ability a la Roy Williams. That doesn't mean he's not a potentially nice piece in Yurcich's tool kit and his physical development is on point, but extensive snaps from Omeire may be more due to a glaring hole created by positional fit or some players a year or two ahead of him who frittered away a lost viral Spring. More directly: did Michigan transfer Tarik Black muddy his precocious freshman projection upside? If Black stays healthy, yes.

QB Hudson Card has the potential to become the backup QB if he can beat out Casey Thompson. Same for Ja'Quinden Jackson, though his physical status is more an unknown. Unless the chasm between Card and Thompson is a mile wide and evident to all and any, I'd keep that information off of the official depth chart unless you like the portal. Are any 2020 DBs or OL likely to beat out the current starters? Even secure a two deep spot? Probably not absent injuries or unexpectedly exceptional ability. That's good program news. If LB Jaylan Ford or LB Prince Dorbah are asked to start or log heavy snaps, that's probably real bad news.

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Ingram, Johnson, and Robinson all need to be pushing the 6.5+ YPC average this season.

Really?  Earl averaged 4.3 his senior year and Ricky averaged 5.9.  You're setting an absurdly high bar for our running backs.  I'll be thrilled if they average 4+ and if we can consistently run for 1st downs in short yardage situations.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Really?  Earl averaged 4.3 his senior year and Ricky averaged 5.9.  You're setting an absurdly high bar for our running backs.  I'll be thrilled if they average 4+ and if we can consistently run for 1st downs in short yardage situations.

Btw, Earl averaged 6.5 his senior year. Last year Texas averaged 4.8 per rushing attempt to so 4 yards per carry is a low bar. On the other hand an entire rushing offense averaging 6.5 is highly unlikely. Clemson and Kentucky were the closest at 6.4 ypc. A good goal for UT would be 5.5 ypc. 

11 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

Btw, Earl averaged 6.5 his senior year. Last year Texas averaged 4.8 per rushing attempt to so 4 yards per carry is a low bar. On the other hand an entire rushing offense averaging 6.5 is highly unlikely. Clemson and Kentucky were the closest at 6.4 ypc. A good goal for UT would be 5.5 ypc. 

You're right on Earl, I was quoting his UT career stats.  

Mike Roach: Longhorns looking to add more help at receiver?

Texas already added graduate transfer Tarik Black to their roster earlier this spring, but the staff may not be done working the portal. After speaking with a source near Alabama graduate transfer Tyrell Shavers this weekend, Horns247 has learned that the Longhorns have been in contact with the Lewisville (Texas) native.  The source indicated that Shavers would have interest in Texas along with TCU, Mississippi State and Central Florida.  

Shavers announced his intention to enter the transfer portal last week.  The former four-star prospect signed with Alabama in the 2017 class over offers from Auburn, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Stanford and Texas A&M.  While in high school, Shavers blew the roof off of testing during the The Opening when he recorded a laser-verified 4.38 40-yard dash.

While in high school, the industry-generated composite rankings had Shavers as the No. 88 overall prospect in the country, No. 12 wide receiver and No. 11 in Texas.  Shavers did not see very much action during his time at Alabama working through a deep wide receiver depth chart.  Shavers played mostly on special teams where he scored a touchdown after recovering a blocked punt, and he also recorded one carry for 14 yards and one catch for 20 yards.

While Shavers is still largely unproven, his size and athletic ability has many schools interested.  Sources indicate that Mississippi State is in a strong position in this race, but Texas is also a legitimate contender. Shavers graduated early following his redshirt sophomore season and will have two years of eligibility left once he enrolls at the school of his choice.

• Like 2

Going to be hilarious if Shavers end up with the Pirate.  He's already brought in some legit transfers in Costello at QB, a 4* JUCO WR, and another grad transfer WR, plus Kylinn Hill returns at RB.  May actually be some of the best offensive skill guys he's had in a long time.  He also gets aggy and Auburn at home this year.  I definitely see the Pirate ruining someone(s) season.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Going to be hilarious if Shavers end up with the Pirate.  He's already brought in some legit transfers in Costello at QB, a 4* JUCO WR, and another grad transfer WR, plus Kylinn Hill returns at RB.  May actually be some of the best offensive skill guys he's had in a long time.  He also gets aggy and Auburn at home this year.  I definitely see the Pirate ruining someone(s) season.

200.gif

• Like 2

On 5/20/2020 at 7:47 PM, SydneyCarton said:

I’m sorry you’re ignorant. Dude listed 3 locations of the games he’s concerned about, not nicknames. Stillwater is in Oklahoma. Baton Rogue is french for Red Stick. LSU is in Baton Rogue, LA. Do you need someone to point out to you the location of the Texas State Fair or what game is played there every October?

catching up on this thread, thanks for the laugh here.  once could be a typo.  twice you’re just a dipshit. 

On 6/7/2020 at 4:42 PM, satyanash said:

Mike Roach: Longhorns looking to add more help at receiver?

Would be a great get. Being beat in the depth chart under Jeudy, Ruggs, Smith, and Waddle isn't that bad of a knock and dude has ridiculous numbers. Graduated fast which means he ain't stupid at least and has good work ethic. We have him for two years. Could be a solid depth piece worst case and a potential contender for a starting role likely. Best case we see what the #88 prospect in the country from three years ago is supposed to look like after three years of S&C at Bama and a few months of training with our guys this year and a whole 'nother year for next year.

2 hours ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

Would be a great get. Being beat in the depth chart under Jeudy, Ruggs, Smith, and Waddle isn't that bad of a knock and dude has ridiculous numbers. Graduated fast which means he ain't stupid at least and has good work ethic. We have him for two years. Could be a solid depth piece worst case and a potential contender for a starting role likely. Best case we see what the #88 prospect in the country from three years ago is supposed to look like after three years of S&C at Bama and a few months of training with our guys this year and a whole 'nother year for next year.

He picked Mississippi St 2 weeks ago

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

image.gif.21688e3b3454ec9a3cce18742df9bda0.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4