Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

I don't think any of Surly wants to see a 3-4 alignment for a long time, at least not as a base defense.

I don’t think that’s what he is saying.

I understand it as the 950 can possibly be made up of 3 people, not 4. Still in a 4-3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Adimora is a freak athlete.  So happy he chose Texas.  Dude came in a behind a loaded DB class and had locked down a starting spot by his 2nd year.

Remember when aggy was boasting about Jimbo getting Brian Williams and forcing Herman to go OOS to get a replacement in Adimora?  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Not sure why Fields would have any effect on a kid that almost certainly is going to RS?

And is going to be on campus for only that RS year. Probably had more to do with Thompson going from 29->9, so 29 was on available on defense.

12 minutes ago, Brandon said:

It still amazes me how gigantic Alfred Collins is (pause). Him and Bijan are absolute freaks for their age. Who was the last player we had that was a freak like that?

Tyler Owens looked like an NFL player day 1. Just a lot faster than NFL players his size. TBD on if he can play tho

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

Hmm.... doesn't particularly look like either Moore or Mitchell, but I'm gonna guess it's Juwan. Don't see how Moore's hair could have grown that much in a week

Power clean grip at 405. For reps?  Thats pretty good for a kid that is sub 180 lbs. 

1 hour ago, NorLa Horns said:

Power clean grip at 405. For reps?  Thats pretty good for a kid that is sub 180 lbs. 

You can literally see in the photo that the gray weights are 25s, so that's (at most) 325.

Edited by Katfid54

TFB quick hitter from Super K...too good not to post

***Spoke to a few people about freshman QB Hudson Card.

***Have heard absolutely rave reviews. Such high praise that I actually wonder if, God forbid, anything happened to Sam, if Casey Thompson would actually be the back up.

***One source said he/she believes Hudson will, in time, be much better than Sam.

***Said he’s “unbelievable. Will be a bigger star than Sam”.

***Again, this isn’t come from one or two folks. I’ve heard it from many. With QB it’s hard to project what will happen when the real bullets fly but it’s been a while since I’ve felt the real possibility of QB continuity at Texas. So, if Hudson is as good as they seem to think, then it’ll go a long way it establishing stability at Texas to know that there will be a competent QB ready to take over after Sam’s departure.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

Just now, RGBIII said:

***Have heard absolutely rave reviews. Such high praise that I actually wonder if, God forbid, anything happened to Sam, if Casey Thompson would actually be the back up.

***One source said he/she believes Hudson will, in time, be much better than Sam.

***Again, this isn’t come from one or two folks. I’ve heard it from many. With QB it’s hard to project what will happen when the real bullets fly but it’s been a while since I’ve felt the real possibility of QB continuity at Texas. So, if Hudson is as good as they seem to think, then it’ll go a long way it establishing stability at Texas to know that there will be a competent QB ready to take over after Sam’s departure.

But tiny hands.  I was told.  Things.

Seriously though - I feel bad that Card is going to have to switch to WR when JQJ is ready to take that starting QB job. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Is the he/she source Taylor Estes?

23 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

phone you won't believe GIF by Steve Harvey TV

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

don't care as long as any of them do much better than GDGG, david ash, case mccoy, and a TE playing QB. my god i'm getting ragey thinking about those years.

I think Ash out of all of those could have been a damn good QB if not for the concussions, but otherwise, yes, much anger

p.s. McCoy beating ou and aggy make him a bizzaro legend

• Hook 'Em 5