Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

TFB quick hitter from Super K...too good not to post

***Spoke to a few people about freshman QB Hudson Card.

***Have heard absolutely rave reviews. Such high praise that I actually wonder if, God forbid, anything happened to Sam, if Casey Thompson would actually be the back up.

***One source said he/she believes Hudson will, in time, be much better than Sam.

***Said he’s “unbelievable. Will be a bigger star than Sam”.

***Again, this isn’t come from one or two folks. I’ve heard it from many. With QB it’s hard to project what will happen when the real bullets fly but it’s been a while since I’ve felt the real possibility of QB continuity at Texas. So, if Hudson is as good as they seem to think, then it’ll go a long way it establishing stability at Texas to know that there will be a competent QB ready to take over after Sam’s departure.

Man, every year in fall camp, we're just sooo good. Rave reviews. Gonna be the best everrrrrrr

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Between Fields, preseason updates on the incoming class, and the search for a GT APB, we might at least put together a credible #MarchTo975

I'm actually surprised there hasn't been more shitposting recently with all the folks still working from home.

Horns 247 / Mike Roach / VIP intel on a new 247Sports Crystal Ball forecast

Spoiler

VIP intel on a new 247Sports Crystal Ball forecast

MikeRoach

Texas recruiting has been hot over the last few weeks, and it doesn't look like things are slowing down.  As the Longhorns close in on the 2020 season, they could be receiving immediate help at the linebacker position.  I've entered a 247Sports Crystal Ball prediction in favor of the Longhorns for Arizona graduate transfer linebacker Tony Fields.  This pick comes after a reported self-guided visit to Austin to check out the Texas campus.

Fields recently narrowed his top schools to West Virginia, Texas and Minnesota, and multiple sources express confidence that Texas is the team to beat out of the trio.

A former three-star recruit out of Las Vegas (NV) Desert Pines, Fields originally chose Arizona over offers from Boise State, BYU, Hawaii, Illinois, Missouri and Washington State.

A three-year star at Arizona, Fields grabbed the job from the moment he stepped on campus and started all 37 games he played at Arizona. After his first year, Fields was named as a Freshman All-American by ESPN and 247Sports. During his first year, Fields led the team in tackles and recorded the best season by a UA freshman in 20 years. He also finished as the second-leading freshman tackler in FBS football.

During his second season, Fields recorded 89 tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss and 2 sacks. In 2019, Fields finished the season second on the team with 94 tackles and 58 unassisted tackles. Fields would join former Michigan wide receiver Tarik Black as the second graduate transfer to join the 2020 class.

With no injuries or redshirts under his belt, Fields will have two years of eligibility available to him and one year of playing time left. 

15 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Well now that it looks like it's going to something important to know, how do you pronounce Omeire?

I remember a $9.95er describing it as something along the lines of "O-me-a-ree".

(Or - as Katfid pronounces it - Collin Johnson.)

Edited by Getafix
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Hey Surly folks that breakdown film, what do you think about Ja'Quinden's form here? 

Listen, you get bagged on a lot here. Mostly by Macklin, because he’s a big ole’ meanie. But are you really asking people to give thoughts on a player’s form from a motherfucking still picture? Do you not see the problem there? Final question, are you learning disabled? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Listen, you get bagged on a lot here. Mostly by Macklin, because he’s a big ole’ meanie. But are you really asking people to give thoughts on a player’s form from a motherfucking still picture? Do you not see the problem there? Final question, are you learning disabled? 

3 motherfucking still pictures to be more accurate.