Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Our offense became predictable because it was run by Tim fucking Beck. Pull yourself together,  Wescott. 

I should just keep my mouth shut, but wasn’t herman calling plays most of last season and didn’t he reference that taking too much time in his monday comments about hiring yurchich?

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, satyanash said:

The title game was 2018, not 2019. The 2018 O-line squad was not a great run-blocking unit, we only had 3.8 YPC that year and didn't break a single run over 40 yards. Don't pretend that it was all on the play selection, blOU went into that game as one of the worst rushing defenses in the country and rendered us one-dimensional without much effort.

Also LOL @ bringing up last year's O-line. Sure, when you ignore the 37 bloody sacks we gave up, it was better on the ground. People are really setting themselves up for a letdown with this O-line group. The practice reports are there. You can read them.

Did you just reference practice reports from 995ers as The Truth? Holy fuck. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Also, I don't know how it's taken this long to bring up that we are rocking a 6'1, 160lb Mexican walk-on backup kicker named ERWIN VON NACHER
The fuck, guys. Pull it together. 
With a name like that, gotta be the son of one of the bosses at VW's huge factory in Mexico.

On 4/7/2019 at 2:52 AM, George Clooney said:

I was looking at OLBs across the board, and one that really stands out (that hasn't been offered) is Nick Herbig out of Hawaii.

https://247sports.com/player/nick-herbig-46049916/

http://www.hudl.com/v/2AR32r

Naturally, Herbig is threatening to already start on one of the best defenses in the nation at Wisconsin. They nail LB evaluations almost as well as OL evals up there.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

And his stat line was pedestrian compared to Wilson’s. So fuck Garret Wilson while we’re at it.

Yeah, instead of going to his hometown university which is a perennial contender and an NFL factory, Wilson should have gone to the local university which would have almost certainly wasted his talent while staring down the barrel of having its third HC in five years. What an asshole.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

Yeah, instead of going to his hometown university which is a perennial contender and an NFL factory, Wilson should have gone to the local university which would have almost certainly wasted his talent while staring down the barrel of having its third HC in five years. What an asshole.

Well it was more the acting like a cunt in the process. So yea fuck that guy.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

Not going to argue he wasn't uncouth but I don't think he said anything that hasn't already been said by users either on this board or the football board, so

When the school has gotten your money, love and time, you can say those things.  A wet-behind-the-ears who hasn't proven anything beyond the high school gridiron should keep his yap shut.  It not only reflects poorly on him, but it makes his parents looks like assholes, too.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, cafe society said:

When the school has gotten your money, love and time, you can say those things.  A wet-behind-the-ears who hasn't proven anything beyond the high school gridiron should keep his yap shut.  It not only reflects poorly on him, but it makes his parents looks like assholes, too.

To be clear, if he would've ended up being a bust I would have gladly laughed at him along with (probably) the rest of this board. I'm actually interested to see how Princely U ends up at Florida for the same reason. But since Wilson isn't on track to be a bust at this point this kind of gatekeeping doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Fuck Mehringer and Herman.  JSN should be in burnt orange right now.  Would have been nice to have him in the slot instead of Kai Money, a walk on. 

This staff is completely clueless when it comes to developing WRs.  Quinn Ewers is about the only reason any elite WRs are going to consider us in 2022.

• Hook 'Em 3