Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

29 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Everyone jumping up in the air at the exact same time made that look badass.  What was also badass was how the rest of the jumpers started returning to earth while Prince was still gaining altitude.

Hanging onto a rim will do that for you.

(not that I would know)

On 12/17/2018 at 12:41 PM, Sgt Hulk said:

"Siap. 70 tds.  Damn.

My name is Charlie Spegal from New Palestine High School in New Palestine, IN. I am a running back on the varsity football team. I graduate in 2020. I was named ALL STATE in 2017 and TOP 22 underclass in Indiana. My junior stats are 3356 yards, (10.6 yards per carry) and 70 TOUCHDOWNS. My Team was undefeated and won the 5A state championship.

https://bit.ly/2S0SQeG

Just watched this kids Hudl.  Fun to watch.  The boy likes to hit people.  

TFB Open Post: https://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2019/01/open-post-wednesday-january-30th/

Quick Update | Chad Lindberg | Decision Timeline
– Super K

Texas is off to hot start recruiting 2020 offensive linemen. They already have Jake Majors and Logan Parr committed.

Another target they’d love to get in the boat is Chad Lindberg. As I’ve mentioned, Lindberg is a very complete offensive linemen. Great size, bend, feet, power and IQ. In fact his head coach over at Clear Creek told me he believes Lindberg will play on Sundays.

It’s no secret that Chad likes Texas. He’s visited on multiple occasions and is fairly quick to flash the horn.

While Texas appears to be in a pretty good spot, it doesn’t sound like Chad will be making a decision anytime soon. He says he’s headed to LSU next weekend for an unofficial visit. That will be followed by a visit out to Stanford on February 28th. Just my opinion, but I think that’s the visit to watch.

In terms of a decision date Chad says he’s looking at doing it, “possibly at the end of the summer”.

Lindberg is a high academic athlete. Getting into Stanford won’t be a problem. Texas is used to going to battle with Stanford for offensive linemen and that may happen in this cycle.

Arizona Targets In-Person | Updates
– Super K

Stopped by  Salpointe Catholic (Tuscon, AZ) to see a few of the top guys in Arizona.

***Lathan Ransom (2020 safety). Craig Naivar was at Salpointe yesterday to see Ransom. Ransom is a tall, muscular safety who can hit. I’ve been told he’s the hardest hitting safety in Arizona.

Ransom is expecting the Texas offer to come this week. His head coach said that Naivar said he wants to convene with the staff back at Texas this week but the offer should be on the table by Friday.

In terms of a visit, Lathan said he has some close family friends living in Austin so once the offer comes, he plans on setting up a trip to Texas.

***Bijan Robinson (2020 running back). Man, well put together running back. 6’ and chiseled 205 lbs. Great pedigree, as well. Told me his father played at Arizona and I believe his grandfather is former NFL and Arizona running back Paul Robinson.

He holds a Texas offer. Picked up the offer recently. It sounds like Bryan Carrington is doing most of the recruiting for Texas in this one.

In his words BC is, “super dope”.

Robinson is another elite back in this stacked 2020 class.

Just now, Machinator said:

TFB Open Post: https://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2019/01/open-post-wednesday-january-30th/

Reveal hidden contents

Quick Update | Chad Lindberg | Decision Timeline
– Super K

Texas is off to hot start recruiting 2020 offensive linemen. They already have Jake Majors and Logan Parr committed.

Another target they’d love to get in the boat is Chad Lindberg. As I’ve mentioned, Lindberg is a very complete offensive linemen. Great size, bend, feet, power and IQ. In fact his head coach over at Clear Creek told me he believes Lindberg will play on Sundays.

It’s no secret that Chad likes Texas. He’s visited on multiple occasions and is fairly quick to flash the horn.

While Texas appears to be in a pretty good spot, it doesn’t sound like Chad will be making a decision anytime soon. He says he’s headed to LSU next weekend for an unofficial visit. That will be followed by a visit out to Stanford on February 28th. Just my opinion, but I think that’s the visit to watch.

In terms of a decision date Chad says he’s looking at doing it, “possibly at the end of the summer”.

Lindberg is a high academic athlete. Getting into Stanford won’t be a problem. Texas is used to going to battle with Stanford for offensive linemen and that may happen in this cycle.

Arizona Targets In-Person | Updates
– Super K

Stopped by  Salpointe Catholic (Tuscon, AZ) to see a few of the top guys in Arizona.

***Lathan Ransom (2020 safety). Craig Naivar was at Salpointe yesterday to see Ransom. Ransom is a tall, muscular safety who can hit. I’ve been told he’s the hardest hitting safety in Arizona.

Ransom is expecting the Texas offer to come this week. His head coach said that Naivar said he wants to convene with the staff back at Texas this week but the offer should be on the table by Friday.

In terms of a visit, Lathan said he has some close family friends living in Austin so once the offer comes, he plans on setting up a trip to Texas.

***Bijan Robinson (2020 running back). Man, well put together running back. 6’ and chiseled 205 lbs. Great pedigree, as well. Told me his father played at Arizona and I believe his grandfather is former NFL and Arizona running back Paul Robinson.

He holds a Texas offer. Picked up the offer recently. It sounds like Bryan Carrington is doing most of the recruiting for Texas in this one.

In his words BC is, “super dope”.

Robinson is another elite back in this stacked 2020 class.

Hopefully Lindberg will pull a Tyler Johnson and commits earlyish. It'd be nice to have 4 OL in the summer. Great class plus room to add George or a late riser type. 

21 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Hopefully Lindberg will pull a Tyler Johnson and commits earlyish. It'd be nice to have 4 OL in the summer. Great class plus room to add George or a late riser type. 

Yep. I said it on the aggy thread, but locking up Parr, Majors, Lindberg, and Garth by end of summer would be a huge fucking deal. 

Even though TFB said Lindberg’s not going to decide soon, him visiting Stanford and LSU in the next month makes me think he’ll be ready decide before he starts his senior season.

"While Texas appears to be in a pretty good spot, it doesn’t sound like Chad will be making a decision anytime soon. He says he’s headed to LSU next weekend for an unofficial visit. That will be followed by a visit out to Stanford on February 28th. Just my opinion, but I think that’s the visit to watch."

isrgpktp24yy.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reese Bennett said:

Anyone know how he did against Sweat when they played Huntsville?

Nahlin said at times Garth’s quickness was too much for Sweat but at other times Sweat’s power was too much for Garth.  For whatever that’s worth.   

Edited by ClubWhatever

Dream class

QB Hudson Card

RB Zach Evans, Ty Jordan

WR Bobby Wilson, Troy Omiere and Kelvontay Dixon

TE 

OL Jaylen Garth, Jake Majors, Logan Parr, Chad Lindberg and Damien George. 

DL Vernon Broughton, Alfred Collins, Princely and Prince Dorbah. 

LB Brendon Scott, Michael Henderson, Ja’Quinden Jackson

S Chris Thompson, Darius Snow

CB Kelee Ringo, Clark Phillips

That is 23 maybe a second qb. 

Anyone else want to throw stuff at the wall in regards to early picks for the class.

i realize this is not realistic based on numbers we have heard and what’s on the team

Edited by Dondrysdale1

2 minutes ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

Dream class

QB Hudson Card

RB Zach Evans, Ty Jordan

WR Bobby Wilson, Troy Omiere and Kelvontay Dixon

TE 

OL Jaylen Garth, Jake Majors, Logan Parr, Chad Lindberg and Damien George. 

DL Vernon Broughton, Alfred Collins, Princely and Prince Dorbah. Any other?

LB Brendon Scott, Michael Henderson, Ja’Quinden Jackson

S Chris Thompson, Darius Snow

CB Kelee Ringo, Clark Phillips

That is 21 not counting a 2nd rb and maybe a second qb. I didn’t touch TE yet either. 

Anyone else what to throw stuff at the wall in regards to early picks for the class.

i realize this is not realistic based on numbers we have heard and what’s on the team

With just these 21 commits that would put the composite at 296.26 which would be good for 3rd this year.

Also noting that Majors, Garth, Henderson, Jordan and Alfred Collins are severely underrated to this point. Not to mention someone like broughton.

Who is Bobby Wilson?

Need Mookie Cooper.

Bryson Washington might be part of the ideal class.

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Who is Bobby Wilson?

Need Mookie Cooper.

Bryson Washington might be part of the ideal class.

Bobby Wilson is the 5 star Collin Johnson clone from Calabasas, CA that just put Texas in his top 5.

i should have put Washington over snow and is Cooper a back or receiver?

Edited by Dondrysdale1