Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

1 hour ago, Fud said:

That timing works out for us considering Young should be deciding over the next few months 

7 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Yep, Wells says the recruiting process is still relatively new to Hornsby and that he's going to take his time.

I haven't been following 2020 all that closely. Do we have a clear next QB we're going after if we don't get Bryce Young (besides Hudson the Great, of course)?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

I haven't been following 2020 all that closely. Do we have a clear next QB we're going after if we don't get Bryce Young (besides Hudson the Great, of course)?

From the outside looking in, it looks like Young is target #1, who is probably a Texas vs OU battle with USC looming if they decide to push, followed by Hornsby, who appears to really like Texas. Young wants to decide before the season starts. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

His hudl page didn't have any highlights do you have a link to some film?

5 hours ago, golfclap said:

He used to have some King footage out there... (Watched it back when he and Snow were first breaking out)  some of it is used here in his twitter bio video ...  let me see if I can find that one and you can check a few of these highlights 

Enjoy:

Mentioned by IT: https://247sports.com/Player/Allen-Horace-46051652

ONE TO WATCH: Allen Horace Jr. - Crockett DE/OLB (2020)

The 6-foot-5, 218-pound athlete was on display Sunday at the ETSN Combine.

His size, frame, and athletic ability are special. He’s got incredible feet, an explosive first step, and is good in space. Tremendous on the hardwood, he excels at TE and OLB for Crockett, but Texas sees him as a WDE.

We first saw Horace Jr. at the Opening Regional in Houston. He’s got offers from Oklahoma State and Baylor, while Texas, Arkansas, LSU, and A&M have been in touch. He might visit UT in June.

This 2020 in-state class continues to be ridiculous. Horace Jr. is just one more reason.

some 2020 notes from EJ/247

— Texas recently offered Kelee Ringo, the nation’s top cornerback in 2020. A lot of times offers to out-of-state prospects of this caliber might be brushed off. But I have reason to believe Texas will be a major player in his recruitment moving forward. UT cornerbacks coach Jason Washington was by to see Ringo last week, and the two are forming a strong relationship. Ringo’s defensive backs coach at Saguaro (AZ) is none other than former Texas cornerback Bryant Westbrook, who has been selling the Longhorns hard. By the way, Beck coached at Saguaro before making the leap to the college ranks, so there are some key ties in this one. Ringo is looking to visit UT this summer.

— Texas recently put an offer on the table for Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco product DJ Uiagalelei, the nation’s top pro-style quarterback. So where do the Longhorns stand? Well, Texas is in line to receive an unofficial visit this summer. But all signs point to USC. I spoke to his father, who is a USC fan, and got the indication that he wanted his son closer to home. It would be surprising to me if Uiagalelei lands somewhere else. Of course, Texas is going to continue to recruit him hard.

— With Uiagalelei likely to land at USC, the door is wide open for Bryce Young, the nation’s top 2020 dual-threat quarterback. According to a source close to his recruitment, the three major players for Young are Oklahoma, Texas and USC. And I actually think it’s in that order. I did have a chance to speak to Young’s father who praised the Texas staff and scheme fit for his son. He also mentioned that he loves the history of Texas and is encouraging Young to find the best overall fit regardless of location. Beck visited Young about a week and a half ago, and the two are in regular contact. Young’s father told me that they don’t have any trips planned ahead of their July/August decision, so this one is really going to come down to relationships.

— Texas put an offer on the table for four-star 2020 Mater Dei safety Bryson Washington last week. This was a great offer by Texas. After all, Washington just moved to California and is originally from the Houston-area. I am told that he is very open to moving back to the Lone Star State to play his college ball and grew up loving the Longhorns. This one is worth keeping a close eye on moving forward.

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Unbelievable that such a thing is even necessary, but TFB wrote up a "primer" on the Carrington tweets. If it's not a solitary "🤫", it's not a silent commitment.

I'm sorry that I need a guide to Carrington Twitter-ese. Please forgive me.

Also, EJ is a jack wagon. I don't believe for a second that Texas is out of it for Bryce Young. And even if he commits to OU, can always Cam Rising him.

4 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Also, EJ is a jack wagon. I don't believe for a second that Texas is out of it for Bryce Young. And even if he commits to OU, can always Cam Rising him.

We'll see what he has to say when UT stomps OU's collective meth-rotted teeth in on October 6th.

Top juniors in Arizona : https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=AZ

Ringo is No. 1. WDE Jason Harris is No. 2 (same high school as Ty Robinson),  followed by RB Bijan Robinson. 

Ringo's teammate Damien Seller is probably Texas offer worthy as well. Good looking OLB prospect. Texas is going to have to load on LBs at some point. I think they can selective in 2019, maybe fill some holes with some combination of JUCO and grad transfers, but 2020 needs to be a big LB class. 

Ty Robinson can definitely play. Violent as hell. Taking him would of course help with Harris. Imagine a taller, more athletic, and ready to play earlier Charles O. 

I know Zach Evans is our guy for 2020, but if he gets cute with Bama, Texas should offer Bijan. 

49 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I know Zach Evans is our guy for 2020, but if he gets cute with Bama, Texas should offer Bijan. 

Bama probably has the inside track with Kendall Milton 

• Like 1