Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

56 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

So either go to Baylor and get snaps early and be mediocre for at least till your a JR or come to Texas probably sit early with a chance compete for a conf title next year?

fuck baylor but are you aware they played for the conf title last season and we didn’t?

1 hour ago, Laxtonto said:

So either go to Baylor and get snaps early and be mediocre for at least till your a JR or come to Texas probably sit early with a chance compete for a conf title next year?

Imagine a Texas fan going into a coma after the 2009 season and coming to right now.

”sit down, man. I have some things to tell you and you’re not going to like it...”

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Compete for a conference title?  And you are saying it like it’s a fact?

Compete is the correct term. Best QB in the conference, major attrition to the top 2 in the conference title game last year and most likely better injury luck would damn sure better mean compete for the conference title.

8 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Compete is the correct term. Best QB in the conference, major attrition to the top 2 in the conference title game last year and most likely better injury luck would damn sure better mean compete for the conference title.

I guess we all have to do our part for 1000..here goes nothing.

You think we have the best QB in conference this year? Texas hasn’t had the best QB in the Big 12 since 2009. By what measure is Sam better than Brewer? It isn’t the win column. Hell even his stats are roughly the same 

(ducks) 

You think Brewer will actually play next year? I’m not sure he doesn’t retire this off-season. He’s one hit away from being scrambled like Ash.

Who knows who he has to throw to or how much protection he’s going to get if he actually does play next year? Rhule left at the right time knowing that the aren’t remotely close to having the same talent level next year. 

17 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Imagine a Texas fan going into a coma after the 2009 season and coming to right now.

”sit down, man. I have some things to tell you and you’re not going to like it...”

If you're gonna be in a 10 year coma as a Texas fan, that would be the perfect time to do it.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, JBJ said:

I'm getting caught up after a week away, so this is an old discussion, but Princely isn't flaky in the same way as Shepherd was.

My biggest concern is that he doesn't want to play positions that he's suited for.  His best potential is as a 3-4 DE, and he thinks himself a Speed Rush OLB.  Tunmise will have the same problem.

Where does Princely fit in a 4-DL defense, SDE or 3-tech DT? Him thinking that he's a passrushing WDE/OLB is laughable.

Edited by TheMailBox357

35 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

You think we have the best QB in conference this year? Texas hasn’t had the best QB in the Big 12 since 2009. By what measure is Sam better than Brewer? It isn’t the win column. Hell even his stats are roughly the same 

(ducks) 

This is such a stupid fucking take. Wins aren’t a QB stat. Give Sam the Baylor defense and Baylor’s offensive game planning and Sam would’ve been undefeated. 

Sam was better than Brewer last year, and he will be again this year. The two Sam will be competing with is Rattler and Sanders and now that Sam gets at least competent game planning, I think it’ll be close even with the inflated stats a QB gets in Riley’s offense.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Compete for a conference title?  And you are saying it like it’s a fact?

Texas will probably play Big 12football games next year. In that sense, they're guaranteed to compete for the conference title. Maybe that's what he meant?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

(ducks) 

I’ll bite. 
The only actual measure where Sam is better than Brewer is the eyeball test (and some “Big Game” successes), and your football brain. Also, Brewer’s football brain. Brewer is a good QB (who is A Texas Legacy, I’m told). Sam has more to work with athletically and from his teammates. I imagine Sam as a senior with the experienced returning talent and the influx of new talent, will be one of the better QBs in the country next year. Brewer, while a solid player, is a targeting foul away from retirement, and Baylor lost a shit-ton of talent and experience on a team that proved in their losses this year that they have terrible depth. Baylor will regress dramatically.

As far as the conference, please name one team outside of Baylor with better returning talent+experience at the QB position. Sure, there are possible good QBs at other programs, but there is zero doubt that Sam will be considered the top QB in the Big 12 this year by every football writer in America. 

While it is pathetic and comical to look at the history of the Texas QB since Colt McCoy, lets at least acknowledge that for the first time in a decade, we have a returning senior QB that is actually a fucking asset. 

3 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

I’ll bite. 
The only actual measure where Sam is better than Brewer is the eyeball test (and some “Big Game” successes), and your football brain. 

I remember a stat being floated around after Texas beat UGA to finish the 2018 season. Sam was the 7th QB all time to have 25 or more passing TDs and 15 or more rushing TDs in the same season. 

The first 6 guys to do that won the Heisman.

I patiently await your superior Brewer stat.

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Cautiously optimistic about Umanlymanneristicman, but point stated to me made sense: “Guys that use two OVs on the same school, when that happens, usually means that’s the school they wind up going to, but who knows?”

I'm sure this is correct, but how large is this sample size? I've only heard of it happening a couple of times 

21 minutes ago, Fud said:

I'm sure this is correct, but how large is this sample size? I've only heard of it happening a couple of times 

21 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

This is such a recent rule change that there can't be sufficient data points for this to be a "trend," right?

No clue. I figure you can lump in guys that go back and visit a second time on their own dime in January too. Either way, it wasn’t a scientific statement and more anecdotal, which I think is how I presented it. 

2 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

And that's in addition to Jackson.

@Fud What is the bama board consensus on numbers?

No idea. I've seen some of their prominent posters say that Bama's numbers are difficult to know from the outside at times because they wont let a guy sign because of grades, will have a real prospect walk on, and will have guys grayshirt/blueshirt, but won't report it publicly. There's also the chance that they save a spot for a grad transfer. 

11 minutes ago, Fud said:

Didn't he have Collins at 50/50 between Bama and Texas as recently as last week? 

Roach has been pretty consistent that Collins will end up at Texas I believe, which is very rare for him. 

If you were referring to Hank South, I have no clue.

Edited by Poe It Up