Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

This is a bizarre bit of tap dancing that to be honest, I don't understand. You're saying this was a decent class despite the obstacles we faced, but neglect to point out that those obstacles were 100% self-inflicted. There was no fucking excuse for this bullshit THIS year, must less NEXT year. 
Next year's excuse will be "Oh, we were breaking in new systems on both sides of the ball, and new coaches trying to learn our culture" and blah fucking blah blah blah. 2019 could have been an elite class, but it wasn't because of rampant cases of slamming our own balls in a fucking car door. Repeatedly. I'm not going to judge them based on next year while dismissing this one. Ask the Brokermeyer clan how that is working out. 

Of course they were self-inflicted. What’s the point of lumping everything together in one big bag of shit? This thread is about the quality of the recruiting class, not an end to end evaluation of Herman, his staff and the entire status of Texas football.

I’m just making the point that it’s a decent class that could have been much worse. Conversely, given how bad the year went, it’s probably stupid to think Texas could have closed a top 5 class, especially given the numbers limitations. However, if you want do a complete evaluation of the program, go do it in one of the football forums.
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I’ll say it again. If we close Collins, then this is a decent class. We had limited slots open, played like shit last year, and booted several coaches. It could have been a lot worse. Now next year, however...no excuses.

I'm with you.  Losing QJ and not getting a 2nd CB does change the outlook of this class though.

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I'm with you.  Losing QJ and not getting a 2nd CB does change the outlook of this class though.

Absolutely.

When talking specifically about the class itself, it is decent considering. Saying it is "decent" does not eliminate the existence of disappointment. Obviously "decent" isn't where you'd wanna be, and obviously we know how we got here and that is even more disappointing. 

Just a....decent class. Hopefully the coaches assembled and in future can get a lot of production and wins out of it. 

Edited by UncleBuck