Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

1 minute ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

For all of you that said texas’ signing days were boring, clearly you missed that reveal party. We just had the “hypest”, “most litty” signing day out of anyone. 

Principal Cornelius >>> Episcopal High School's headmaster

1 minute ago, USMCHorn said:
5 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Broughton, coburn, Collins, sweat, and ossai. Im pretty happy because that is stacked. 

Dorbah as well.

[The camera pans to the window.  Moro Ojomo stares forlornly out, while a light rain falls.  A single tear runs down his cheek.]

• Like 1

Lots of talk today on here about this being an underwhelming class or one we look back and label average. I feel like that judgment is largely based on what the class could have looked like and not the class. This class ranks 5th in terms of average player ranking. It didn’t fill every position of concern but certainly brought in players that can play early and a couple players that could be stars once their position is sorted out. I see a good mix of players with high ceilings and some with high floors. Most importantly we got much better in the trenches and have an absolute  super star in the backfield. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Lots of talk today on here about this being an underwhelming class or one we look back and label average. I feel like that judgment is largely based on what the class could have looked like and not the class. This class ranks 5th in terms of average player ranking. It didn’t fill every position of concern but certainly brought in players that can play early and a couple players that could be stars once their position is sorted out. I see a good mix of players with high ceilings and some with high floors. Most importantly we got much better in the trenches and have an absolute  super star in the backfield. 

I mostly agree. The class is underwhelming because we took a step backward on and off the field this year. Winning the Sugar Bowl created potential for a much more promising 2019 than any season we have had since we played for a title in 2009, and we stepped on our dicks. We were "in it" for quite a number of great players. We signed some and lost some, but worse, we had to fire a bunch of coaches. It could prove to be just the elixir we need, but this kind of wholesale change doesn't usually work out. 

The positive: in this cycle, we weren't deperate to fill gaping holes like we have been so many NSDs in the last decade. We certainly have needs, but we have been building depth at most positions. Our floor is much higher. And now we wait to see if Herman can pull his head out of his ass and win a conference championship.

• Like 3