Clutch your pearls y'all. Little Mermaid is black

Gil Bang

The Lion King has one thing going for it - Jon Favreau.

I’ve read where he hired an actual cinematographer to direct the animation angles and lighting to make it have an actual movie look and not an animation feel. After the success of Jungle Book, I’d trust Favreau with this. I think he’s brilliant. Someone who has lost a little of his touch is Tim Burton, IMO.

46 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

The Lion King has one thing going for it - Jon Favreau.

I’ve read where he hired an actual cinematographer to direct the animation angles and lighting to make it have an actual movie look and not an animation feel. After the success of Jungle Book, I’d trust Favreau with this. I think he’s brilliant. Someone who has lost a little of his touch is Tim Burton, IMO.

The guy who write and starred in this movie?

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Who has came out against the casting?

you made me go to the texags politics board, you monster.

Except I don't believe them. I think it is to highlight a black actress over a white, simply because of her skin color. Talent or not. And I honestly wouldn't care about that I promise. As everyone keeps saying. It is whatever if Ariel is black. What bothers me is that I think the reasoning is not what they say. I don't like deceit and I do believe that Disney is lying despite what they say. This is a marketing scheme at best. There has been a BIG push for woman and black central production because it is a hot topic and sells. Bailey was chosen over others because her skin color provides a boon in Disney's eyes. 

Of course Disney will deny and I won't trust what they say, so Disney and I are at an impasse.

"Inspired casting" = "we discriminate the **** out of people when we hire them"

"Gorgeous" = "You can take down Harvey Weinstein but we will still be a business with pedophilia built into our foundation"

Quit supporting Disney already when it became obvious what they are doing. They are obvious about it but people try to overlook it.

virtsign.jpg

This is lazy Corporate Wokeness (TM) to the max

They desperately want to recast one of their Top 3 Princesses as a black woman (since no one gives a crap about Tiana largely because her movie was so forgettable) and Arielle is the easiest since the others are clearly and plainly white

You'll quickly see them remove all evil ginger mermaid items and replace them with SJW Woke Mermaid items and then they'll declare she is the canon Arielle and the old one is treated like the crows from Dumbo as "unfortunate racism of its time" 

Then still later the Mickey Ministry of Truth will "rerelease" the new Woke version of the animated series where her hair and skin color are "corrected" to match the new "canon" 

Anyone who owns a copy of or says they prefer the original Little Mermaid will be branded a racist and banned from all Disney parks

Heil Mickey

Heil Libtopia

When are they going to pick a fat princess? Who are all the fat little girls and boys doing to look to for a role model?

Surprised it's not a Mexican Ariel who crosses the border illegallly as soon as her flipper changes to legs.

If I were an ethnic Dane, I would be pissed.

Where will this all end? Appeasement, appeasement everywhere. First, we started seeing black Santas. Everyone knows Santa is white. And black Barbies but with a white girl ass? Can't be that way. Black mermaid? Named Ariel? You kidding me? Watch the Olympics, how many black swimmers do you see? Mermaids swim. So there you go. What's next? A transgendered Ariel? Starts out as a girl, says she is a guy, then goes back to being a girl? 

Of course, it is Disney.

You see culture isn't important and we should allow the left to erase it all! The story is a Danish folktale, written at a time when Denmark was 100% white. Yes she's a mermaid but come on, mermaid are a unique Western mythological figure that has only ever existed in Western culture. 

Hollywood and in turn the left don't care about any of this and in fact because they are globalists, they want to destroy all of it and obfuscate any folklore so that it become global in nature.

They would never do this for an Anansi live action story.

https://www.vulture.com/2019/07/the-lion-king-cast-photos-a-few-thoughts.html

The Lion King cast pictures. Looks like they thought origin was important here.

1 minute ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

you made me go to the texags politics board, you monster.

lol, thems rough waters out there. So aggy klansman don't believe in magical red-haired dark skinned mermaids. Who would've guessed. I thought some political figure or famous person came out to bitch about it.

Maybe Disney is using 'woke' shit to push their movies, but I think it's in a different manner than aggy would believe. They like to put something that is no-biggie in their movie, like making Ariel black, then stir up some shit by pushing both sides into a controversy about it. The controversy gets additional publicity. The controversy ensures people will know and hear about it.

I think the controversy is much more limited than any of the news articles would make you believe. This 'news' is just an advertisement, in my opinion.