Toddler Falls Out of Cruise Ship Window

MrBig

9 hours ago, Lhorn said:

^^^Good but no way I’m watching a video where I might see a toddler falling to her death.

This. I have a three year old and a two and a half month old. There's no way I'm watching a video of somebody dropping a toddler out of a cruise ship window unless I am on the jury that decides if he is guilty or not.

I’ve been on RC ships 3-4 times. Usually on that deck the windows are blocking the wind so when you are near one of the open slots you know it.
She slipped out of his hands. He knows that and is remorseful about it. This should be the end of the story but unfortunately it isn’t. Sad deal all around.

Só did something trip the grandfather? Is that when the girl fell or did she fall before and that’s when it hit him? Cause like 10 seconds before the guy trips, he or the granddaughter pull back into the ship, then he leans out farther. I initially thought that was the moment she fell. 

sad situation all around but seems like only one person to blame here (unless the dude was tripped, can’t tell and nothing has been mentioned like that at all). 

2 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

I’ve been on RC ships 3-4 times. Usually on that deck the windows are blocking the wind so when you are near one of the open slots you know it.
She slipped out of his hands. He knows that and is remorseful about it. This should be the end of the story but unfortunately it isn’t. Sad deal all around.

My thought after watching the video is how can he not notice the window is open with the breeze and outside noises coming at him for 30 seconds? Colorblindness doesn't affect other senses, does it? What do I know, I'm not a Chiropractor. It's obviously not orchestrated because the toddler would have to be in on it by running up to that one open window.

2 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

This. I have a three year old and a two and a half month old. There's no way I'm watching a video of somebody dropping a toddler out of a cruise ship window unless I am on the jury that decides if he is guilty or not.

The video doesn't show that.  It was shot from the inside at a 90 degree angle on a flip phone and shows a couple of darker pixels bend down, then raise up with a lighter pixel, then lean into the window sill.  Then spends about a minute there, then a slight movement by the couple of dark pixels, and the clip ends.

About 1/10th the picture quality of a late 80's scrambled HBO channel.

2 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Is it him or the daughter and her family making the accusations against the cruise line?

Generally speaking, only immediate family would have standing to bring a suit against the cruise line.

And even if grandpa admits fault, there is still the possibility of maintaining a suit against the cruise line.  Depends on the applicable law.  I suppose this would be an admiralty case.

gold_fringe_flag.jpg

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

The video doesn't show that.  It was shot from the inside at a 90 degree angle on a flip phone and shows a couple of darker pixels bend down, then raise up with a lighter pixel, then lean into the window sill.  Then spends about a minute there, then a slight movement by the couple of dark pixels, and the clip ends.

I thought I was gonna need a RealPlayer to watch this video.

• Like 5

Só did something trip the grandfather? Is that when the girl fell or did she fall before and that’s when it hit him? Cause like 10 seconds before the guy trips, he or the granddaughter pull back into the ship, then he leans out farther. I initially thought that was the moment she fell. 
sad situation all around but seems like only one person to blame here (unless the dude was tripped, can’t tell and nothing has been mentioned like that at all). 
I watched an interview he did and I'm going off of memory here but I think he said something like he fell to his knees when he let go of her. So probably a few seconds before you see this dip he does, she was already gone.

I don't really get his excuse at all. Nobody has any business dangling a child from a high place. Even if there was a lower deck, she probably still would have died. Or did he think there was just an extension of the balcony he was on on the other side of the window?

The dumbass leaned out of the window first, no way he can say he thought there was glass there.

That being said, it appears in the video that the sill of the window is really fucking low. Old boy hinges at the hips when he leans out over it, which would make it way lower than 48" (average cruise ship safety rail height). Having this condition in a bar area 100 feet up in the air seems like a real bad idea.

I’ll spoiler the tweet with video, if you’re on Tapa & don’t want to see it just don’t press play. 
Spoiler

The audio is some Puerto Rican reporter. 

Whoa that video was really clear compared to the one I first saw.
Just fyi the vid in spystud's post which he spoiler tagged was a lot better quality than the one from the article.

• 5 weeks later...
4 hours ago, immortal13 said:

My guess is dumbshit grandpa was dangling her out the window ala MJ and at some point she got scared, started squirming, he lost his grip, and then splat.

That's what it looked like from the video.  It's potato quality and doesn't show any gore or even when he dropped her (view obstructed by window framing pillars), but he clearly was holding her outside the window prior to her fall.  Their previous defense is not feasible.  Ooof, this will not end well.

32 minutes ago, hopkinsnhorns said:

That's what it looked like from the video.  It's potato quality and doesn't show any gore or even when he dropped her (view obstructed by window framing pillars), but he clearly was holding her outside the window prior to her fall.  Their previous defense is not feasible.  Ooof, this will not end well.

Look how he initially picked her up. I’m surprised she didn’t go out the window right away. And the CBS interview where he talked about the incident was very strange. 

They also talked about the hysteria felt by the little girls’s grandfather, Sam, who lifted the child up while in the children’s play area and placed her on the railing of a window, which he believed to be a closed part of a glass wall.

“He was extremely hysterical. The thing that he has repeatedly told us is, ‘I believed that there was glass,’” Kimberly told Guthrie.

Wonder how she feels about daddy repeatedly lying to her now?