Spoof Calls

Trey3216

I "try" to be a gentleman.  

But, when somebody calls me and tries to steal from me, the gloves come off.   When "windows technical support" or "The IRS" calls me, my goal is to make the thief on the other end of the line either punch the wall or cry.   If it's a man, I give him a detailed description of things I'd like to do with his wife and daughters.  

If it's a woman, I'm sure to ask her how often she smells her own vagina, ask her if her nipples are pokies, etc.    I get as vile as I know how to be. 

They are fucking scum criminals, and they deserve all of the disrespect that I can muster.  BTW @Armybrat the GF had an aunt in NYC (she died a couple of years ago).  Widow with no kids and lots of money.  She fell for the IRS scam and gave them $30,000.   Scum. 

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Like 1

I got over on a telemarketer one time it was the "extended vehicle warranty"

I told the guy hell yea I was interested and proceeded to tell him I had a 1972 chevy truck with 673,829 miles on it and the guy kinda whistled and said "wow" and I told him yea it is a real piece of shit

he took some more info (basically everything telling him the truck was fucked but ran) and then passed me over to another guy that sounded middle eastern and was not in the USA (the first guy was for sure)....when the second guy started to take the info and when I told him the mileage again he just hung up on me and I did not get a call back from them

one other time I actually tried the "what are you wearing" on some clearly foreign female and the bitch started to tell me what she was wearing (a hoodie and some tan pants I think)  and then I was asking her if it was sexy or not and she just got all confused and had no clue what I was trying to do and then passed me to her supervisor who I also ask what she was wearing and she started to tell me before stopping and getting confused why I was asking and not understanding when I ask her if it was sexy.....they finally hung up totally confused

I've noticed an uptick, but I screen my calls and use DND mode at night, so fuck 'em.

It may already be there and I’m just not aware of it, but I wish that the iPhone DND had a feature where you could toggle between blocking non stored “Contact” numbers or just blocking “Contacts”.

Hey Y'all.  I just got a call.  Caller ID was "Chase Bank".

"Hello, this is Jamie DImon.  I have reviewed your credit history, and you are eligible to get your credit card interest reduced to 6%.  Press 1 to speak to a representative and take advantage of this great offer".

So, I press 1, and of course, get connected to a convenience store clerk in Bangalore.   

"I just need your  credit card number to sign you up, starting with the expiration date".

OK, here's my number: your mother sucks off elephants

I got the guy from India who was from Microsoft and wanted to help me rid my computer of viruses. I told him I use a Mac but he was not dissuaded. Since when does Microsoft give a shit if my computer has a virus. I proceeded to verbally abuse the guy until he hung up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We kept our landline because my spouse figured that the money spent was cheaper than therapy/attorney fees. Nobody has the cell #'s not even the schools my children attend(ed). We live(d) very close to their campuses and to this date I think I've only had one maybe two spoofed/spam calls. It obviously isn't an option for work, but for everything else it has been great. The landline has a machine and the calls coming from the strangest little towns all over America crack me up. The best call I have gotten was from an angry local demanding that I call her back about the money she owed the IRS. That was the first time it dawned on me that our own number was being spoofed as well.

If you're interested in some of the mechanics behind robocalls and who makes money off of all of this, the Reply All podcast has a pretty interesting episode on this shitshow.

https://gimletmedia.com/shows/reply-all/awhk76/135-robocall-bang-bang

One of the Interesting aspects is the role that seemingly unrelated apps on your phone can have. A shit load of people install apps and just click through the permissions (including access to location and contacts). 

Edited by Blotto

3 hours ago, Lhorn said:

I got the guy from India who was from Microsoft and wanted to help me rid my computer of viruses. I told him I use a Mac but he was not dissuaded. Since when does Microsoft give a shit if my computer has a virus. I proceeded to verbally abuse the guy until he hung up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I think that's the way to go.  Make these motherfucker's day a little rougher.   In the post upthread, I understated my response a bit.  I actually told him that I hope he gets AIDS from his wife's diseased cunt. 

It's a vile thing to say, but this guy makes a living from stealing from honest people, so fuck him right in the ass. 

I REALLY want him to go home having had a very rough day. 

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

So both my cell phone and office direct line have been spoofed by telemarketers. 

So on top of getting a shit ton of telemarketing calls (which I never answer) I am now getting calls from assholes either calling back to say "you just called me what do you need" and "please remove me from your list I don't have any student loans" 

I can't tell which is more annoying the telemarketers that are spoofing my number or the fucking idiots that call a number back that they don't know to "see what I wanted". 

Fucking annoying as shit.