The petty, wonderful and delightfully wierd rise of the Horns Down

GreenspointTexas

I ran in to some lovely sooner trash on vacation in Jackson hole last week. 2 couples in their 60’s, knew I was a Texas alum, were talking loudly about their hate of Texas. Then tried to engage me in a discussion. 

I told them that I’m proud that they hate us. I’m proud that my school didn’t have to fake data to barely crack the top 100 university ranking. Proud that people spend  hundreds of thousands trying to bribe their way into my alma mater. Proud that they care so much that they have to bring it up while at a bar overlooking the goddamn Tetons. Then I gave them the Mcconaughey style Horns both up and down with my tongue out. I’m pretty childish when drinking. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

Also not a UT fan like you @slorch and feel the same way. Most schools around here do have people that use it, but I feel like it's a much bigger deal in Oklahoma. I guess because they don't have any hand signs like the old SWC schools.

What a great image by the way

image.png.bc6433d18082d3398b5a2b8b3b2c4a6e.png

That neck....

When life deals you a hand (aggy parents, suck at school, didn't get an offer to play, etc) that prevents one from being associated with Texas, it fosters a jealousy that knows no bounds, limits, or exceptions. Think about the important life events of the former players, fans, alumni of these schools. Weddings, funerals, graduations, its not about the event, but all about Texas! Sad!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

I ran in to some lovely sooner trash on vacation in Jackson hole last week. 2 couples in their 60’s, knew I was a Texas alum, were talking loudly about their hate of Texas. Then tried to engage me in a discussion. 

I told them that I’m proud that they hate us. I’m proud that my school didn’t have to fake data to barely crack the top 100 university ranking. Proud that people spend  hundreds of thousands trying to bribe their way into my alma mater. Proud that they care so much that they have to bring it up while at a bar overlooking the goddamn Tetons. Then I gave them the Mcconaughey style Horns both up and down with my tongue out. I’m pretty childish when drinking. 

I like your style!

5 hours ago, SnowAggy said:

Just because Oregon makes an "O" with their hands doesn't mean Oklahoma can't.

You're giving a lot of credit to Oklahoma and their fans that they actually know how to spell Oklahoma

5 hours ago, Armybrat said:

On the other hand, Herman should’ve gotten a sideline penalty for mocking that little bitch Mizzou QB in the Texas Bowl.

Good to see some logic here now and again.

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if Nebraska fans didn’t wind up there as well

I would be.  No fucking way in any fucking universe is Texas considered a rival of Nebraska.  Talk about living in a head if you think Nebraska views Texas as a fucking rival.  Nebraska has no rival, period.  and I wish that were not true.

3 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

I would be.  No fucking way in any fucking universe is Texas considered a rival of Nebraska.  Talk about living in a head if you think Nebraska views Texas as a fucking rival.  Nebraska has no rival, period.  and I wish that were not true.

You have to win some games to be a rival. So, you are correct.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Dude, if you think Tech, UH, Rice, Baylor or TCU have anyone else ranked higher, you are out of your fucking mind. For that matter, I wouldn’t be shocked if Arkansas still views Texas as its biggest rival. I wouldn’t be shocked if Nebraska fans didn’t wind up there as well. Beyond that, I think the answers would actually surprise me. Probably something like UTEP, UTSA, SMU and Texas State - schools we don’t even think about but rather beat us than anyone else, if they had a shot to play us. 

Yep, all this is true.  But UT only considers one school to be a worthy rival.  And it isn't fucking aggy. 

And that OU fan pictured in the article is from central casting.  LOL

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

nothing about their former president and his diddling? 

spacer.png 

17 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

13 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

You have to win some games to be a rival. So, you are correct.

12 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

Thank you for supporting my belief.

You two should get a room.  I see lots of buttsecks in your futures. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Well, if it isn't the definition of taunting, I don't know what is. If you don't call horns down, you can't call anything.

This guy is the quintessential Sooner fan.

Classless piece of shit? Check

Beer belly and clogged arteries? Check

Sleeveless white trash shirt? Check

Bad (most likely meth-fueled) tats? Check

Triple chin? Check

Deep-seated penis envy? Check

Never taken a college course in his life? Check

Pan the camera down and I have no doubt this genius is also wearing jorts. This picture should become more widely circulated than the one of the face-painted retarded Sooner fan. (I know that isn't a very specific description.) BOOMER!

spacer.png

Spot. Fucking. On.

These worthless fucking rubes literally have nothing else going on in their sad lives other the OU football, and so they build their entire sense of self-worth around it.

3 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Spot. Fucking. On.

These worthless fucking rubes literally have nothing else going on in their sad lives other the OU football, and so they build their entire sense of self-worth around it.

I'll be honest. When I first saw the pic, I just thought Baker Mayfield was having a bit of a rough offseason. Fuck that guy.

5 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

What schools would consider UT to be their main rival? OU and A&M (no matter what they say) for sure. What about Tech would they consider UT to be rival #1 or is it just all of the other P5 teams tied for first? TCU and BU have each other. oSu has OU and none of the schools north of Stillwater would consider UT to be #1.

I think TCU would have put SMU above Texas in the past. I think SMU would have put Texas above TCU in the past. TCU definitely does not put Baylor over either Texas or SMU. 

TCU is definitely SMU's biggest rival (not that anyone at SMU really gives a shit). But if you are a gray haired pony I guess you might still consider Texas a rival. Anyone currently at SMU certainly doesn't. 

Just now, Tex Pete said:

I'll be honest. When I first saw the pic, I just thought Baker Mayfield was having a bit of a rough offseason. Fuck that guy.

Obviously living here, I run into these fucking rubes on the reg.

Luckily, Tulsa is way more of an OSU town, and particularly where I live (midtown Tulsa) you are spared running into mouth breathers like this guy.... they are basically in force in every small piece of shit town in this state, particularly as you get closer to OKC and western OK.

The actual OU alumni who I work with are shockingly normal.  It's the white trash rubes like the dude in the picture who tend to be the overly obnoxious prototype OU fans.

36 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yep, all this is true.  But UT only considers one school to be a worthy rival.  And it isn't fucking aggy. 

i hate saying a sooner is right , but you are not wrong .

48 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

Sure didn't seem that way to me in Lincoln in 2010. Your fans were the whiniest, mouthiest, least accomplished (against Texas) fanbase I have ever been around. I mean, aggy has won a much greater percentage of games against us than the pitiful Big 12 Cornhuskers.

All the :01 shirts and the endless shit talk about what y'all were going to do to us that day, yet I never saw or heard a Texas fan say shit until after that game. And some idiot Huskers were still running their mouths after we whipped that ass like always.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Luckily, Tulsa is way more of an OSU town, and particularly where I live (midtown Tulsa) you are spared running into mouth breathers like this guy.... they are basically in force in every small piece of shit town in this state, particularly as you get closer to OKC and western OK.

The actual OU alumni who I work with are shockingly normal.  It's the white trash rubes like the dude in the picture who tend to be the overly obnoxious prototype OU fans.

It's probably the circles you run in.  I've never worked with a total idiot OU/OSU or Texas fan.  Although in the business world, I'll admit the higher you go, the more you run into Texas alums.  Makes sense, I don't think anyone is going to debate they're the best school.  I've said it before and have many stories - the only people who are truly weird in real life have been texum aggy.  It's shocking/disturbing how well they fit all the stereotypes. 

Possible exception...After living in KC, there are some KU fans that make you want to beat your head up against a wall.  "We hate football, we don't care that we suck."  Meanwhile their entire fucking life revolves around the KC Chiefs.

45 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I didn’t say otherwise and the premise that OU is the only school I consider a rival is a certainty. When my buddies and I hear some rando start whining about aggies or tech, we pretty much shut them down. No, they aren’t on a level I can’t handle as a fan. Every OU loss hurts for life. 

52 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

You're giving a lot of credit to Oklahoma and their fans that they actually know how to spell Oklahoma

Good to see some logic here now and again.

It was a supposition. To be clear, I don’t view Nebraska as a rival and would be really sad if a portion of our base did. I merely know that as a result of publicly buttfucking you guys for years, there’s some trauma for your fanbase there. But I agree, no one probably really gives enough of a shit about Nebraska for a true rivalry to be constituted. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Sure didn't seem that way to me in Lincoln in 2010. Your fans were the whiniest, mouthiest, least accomplished (against Texas) fanbase I have ever been around. I mean, aggy has won a much greater percentage of games against us than the pitiful Big 12 Cornhuskers.

All the :01 shirts and the endless shit talk about what y'all were going to do to us that day, yet I never saw or heard a Texas fan say shit until after that game. And some idiot Huskers were still running their mouths after we whipped that ass like always.

Well those just sound like idiot fans.  Still don't mean shit concerning a rivalry.

Btw those pitiful B12 Cornhuskers won just as many MNC as your Texas fucks (in fewer years nonetheless)

12 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I think TCU would have put SMU above Texas in the past. I think SMU would have put Texas above TCU in the past. TCU definitely does not put Baylor over either Texas or SMU. 

TCU is definitely SMU's biggest rival (not that anyone at SMU really gives a shit). But if you are a gray haired pony I guess you might still consider Texas a rival. Anyone currently at SMU certainly doesn't. 

I do believe that TCU would put UT over Baylor, but not SMU anymore. Look on Killerfrogs and see how often Baylor is mentioned vs how many times SMU is mentioned. I always liked playing SMU as a Baylor fan. The Boulevard plus Ford Stadium was a lot of fun. I wish it was an every year rivalry between TCU/SMU/Baylor for Dad's Credit Card Trophy.

11 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

Well those just sound like idiot fans.  Still don't mean shit concerning a rivalry.

Btw those pitiful B12 Cornhuskers won just as many MNC as your Texas fucks (in fewer years nonetheless)

Bully for you.

1-9 to your "rivals." That's ownership, however you choose to discount it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Look on Killerfrogs and see how often Baylor is mentioned vs how many times SMU is mentioned.

For just football you're probably right. But in terms of a school-wide, cross-sport rivalry SMU/TCU is more of a thing than Baylor/TCU. 

And I think it should be named the "your honor, I didn't know I couldn't do that" trophy. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Bully for you.

1-9 to your "rivals." That's ownership, however you choose to discount it.

So what's more important?  Beating Nebraska 9 times or winning national championships?

I'd take every loss to Texas to be 6 times MNC overall, wouldn't you?  I mean you'd be 4 times, not quite 6, but still one more.

4 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

So what's more important?  Beating Nebraska 9 times or winning national championships?

Bro, this thread is about dickless fans (I.e. many Nebraska fans) and the Horns down. Not sure where national championships come into play.

14 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Lolz, replace Tulsa with Des Moines and this is ISU/UI exactly.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Armybrat said:

I accidentally dropped a metal trash can full of confetti out of our Adolphus suite’s 10th floor window late on the Friday night of the OU game in 1963. We leaned out and watched it hit the portico/marquee overhang with a huge “CLANG”, which made the soldid mass of drunken humanity instantly part like the Red/Burnt Orange Sea before falling harmlessly to the pavement.

Hotel security showed up about 10 minutes later, but nobody knew nuthin’.

Woulda partied with you.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

Also not a UT fan like you @slorch and feel the same way. Most schools around here do have people that use it, but I feel like it's a much bigger deal in Oklahoma. I guess because they don't have any hand signs like the old SWC schools.

What a great image by the way

I just came here to post that photo.  Nice codpiece.

23 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

What a great image by the way

I just noticed blowU Superfan John Slate gives an OU salute with his head and neck: His head forms the O and the fat roll of his neck forms the U. He is the perfect Sooner fan.

Howver, now that I think about it, he also has an upside down OU working with his round belly and arms held down. Ha. He is simultaneously giving the horns down and a downward OU.

Edited by Longhorn Fever

23 hours ago, OnAComputer said:

One of our guys tried to take a shot at naming all 11. Could only get to 10. Thought it was funny.

18 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

No fucking way in any fucking universe is Texas considered a rival of Nebraska.  Talk about living in a head if you think Nebraska views Texas as a fucking rival.

Edited by KYHorn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

I always thought the :01 shirts were a counter of all the Big 12 wins Nebraska had over Texas. 

22 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

So, basically, every team we play is our rival.  Okay then.  That's stupid.

It's good to be the king!

19 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

I'd take every loss to Texas to be 6 times MNC overall, wouldn't you?  I mean you'd be 4 times, not quite 6, but still one more.

1963, 1969, 1970, 2005

Every time I count, I come up with four.  Maybe that's just me and my UT education.

On 7/12/2019 at 11:25 AM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Smart aggy?

yeah.  this.   i double-taked on that one.  like speaking the name "Hastur", or placing Daern's Instant Fortress inside a Bag of Holding, certain things just shouldn't be done.

the cambridge dictionary and chicago manual of style concur on the rule that "smart" and "aggy" can not exist in the same sentence in the english language.

• Like 1