Big XII Football Media Days - 07/15-07/16 - Jerry World

El Diablo

3 hours ago, Machinator said:

What a dumb, weak politician. He's now on my fuck-off list, anyone who tries to justify the CCG as anything more than a money grab is an idiot. Come out and lie to us by saying, it's not in the best interest of the regular season champion or the athletes but it's important for the playoffs and the game celebrates our conference on a primetime/national scale....

art-briles.jpg

200.gif

2 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Since most bowl teams play 3 or 4 shitty non-con teams, plus a conference schedule where typically half (4 to 5) of the opponents are shitty to medicore, it's not surprising that in their bowl game they will tend to be held below their scoring average.   Scoring in bowl games is probably below average for most teams, not just Big 12 opponents.

Lots of great tackling here, obviously:

TCU 10, Cal 7

Baylor 45, Vanderbilt 38

Washington State 28, Iowa State 26

Syracuse 34, West Virginia 18

Alabama 45, OU 34

OK State 38, Missouri 33

Texas 28, Georgia 21

6 hours ago, Machinator said:

Dumbest thing I'll read today courtesy of who-could-have-guessed Bob fucking Bowlsby. 

And major lol at "possibly". It's going to continue being a rematch until you fix this conference by adding 2 teams. 

God damn the white Texas Tech helmets to hell.

The black helmet with a red Double T should be our fucking helmet.  

Gosh!!! we are lost in the wilderness...

Having a guaranteed rematch between the two best teams is no more stupid than having a 7-5 division winner in position to knock the league out of the playoffs.  I initially thought the CCG was absolutely idiotic, and I guess it is, but they all are when you think about it.  In every 12+ team league (save the god awful Pac 12), there is generally significant imbalance between divisions and this creates a scenario where the CCG is either a pointless blow out, or a potential land mine for the best team.  If you have a situation where Texas and OU enter at 11-1 and 12-0 (completely plausible this year) you have the shot for two Big 12 teams to go to the playoffs.

It may be pointless and redundant, but it's a lot more fucking entertaining than watching Clemson mud hole a 6 win Pitt squad in a half empty stadium.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Having a guaranteed rematch between the two best teams is no more stupid than having a 7-5 division winner in position to knock the league out of the playoffs.  I initially thought the CCG was absolutely idiotic, and I guess it is, but they all are when you think about it.  In every 12+ team league (save the god awful Pac 12), there is generally significant imbalance between divisions and this creates a scenario where the CCG is either a pointless blow out, or a potential land mine for the best team.  If you have a situation where Texas and OU enter at 11-1 and 12-0 (completely plausible this year) you have the shot for two Big 12 teams to go to the playoffs.

It may be pointless and redundant, but it's a lot more fucking entertaining than watching Clemson mud hole a 6 win Pitt squad in a half empty stadium.

I think it's quite possible there's logic and reason at work here. You'll have to forgive my indecision; we don't see much of that on this board. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

No.  One is potentially stupid.  The other is guaranteed stupid.

Big difference. 

• Like 2