James Bond gets woke

Spankytoes

Just now, RPM said:

The only way to save the franchise is to clone Sean Connery. It should be old enough to take on the role of young Bond by the time the sting wears off this shitfest.

He was the best IMO, but I really dig Craigs darker more mercurial portrayal as well.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mdmost said:

I wished they'd gotten Brie Larson just watch everyone's heads explode. What's the male equivalent of clutching pearls?

Brie seems to be making a play for Star Wars. I really hope they make her the supreme Jedi or something like that. It would be fitting.

5 minutes ago, ajax said:

She's like a slightly sexier version of Keenan Thompson.

I wouldn't go that far, but can see the resemblance. She damn isn't striking in her looks, and is a little on the plumper side for sure (movie star plump, not normal person plump).

24 minutes ago, ajax said:

She's like a slightly sexier version of Keenan Thompson.

No doubt the movie industry can do some magic and make people almost unrecognizable at times, but from the picture in the link, I can see "mannish" as described above.  Maybe it's the hair a bit, but she seems like a person that if you dressed her a certain way, you could pull off "that's a man!"  Suspect there'll be another "Bond girl" in the movie that is more in line with purist expectations.  

4 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

No doubt the movie industry can do some magic and make people almost unrecognizable at times, but from the picture in the link, I can see "mannish" as described above.  Maybe it's the hair a bit, but she seems like a person that if you dressed her a certain way, you could pull off "that's a man!"  Suspect there'll be another "Bond girl" in the movie that is more in line with purist expectations.  

Maybe it's the Eugene Levy eyebrows.

I can see a female "Double 0" agent. Maybe even a stand alone movie about a female "Double 0" agent. I might not watch it, but I wouldn't have a problem with it.

But if they try to have a Jane Bond 007, that would be a woke trainwreck and would ruin the longest running movie franchise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gecko said:

Were movie-goers clamoring for Bond movies to "get with the times"?  Answer probably..."no".  Dumbass Hollywood...

Here are two paths:

A) You make a great movie that makes a ton of money. Use the money to buy a huge mansion, fancy cars, and beautiful women. Hollywood notices you with your beautiful women and fancy cars and pours out love to you.

B) You make a shity ass woke movie that loses a fuckton of money, but Hollywood pours out love to you because of your wokeness.

When you think about it, path B makes more sense and is faster than path A if you're a narcissist.

I don’t think it’s fair to judge who like brown sugar based on that chick. I’m sure she has a rocking bod or she wouldn’t be considered for the part. Facewise, she not exactly great. It’s also important to remember this is Surly. We pass on 7s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 5:29 PM, Onboard 2.0 said:

Nah not really. She just isn't that beautiful. She's pretty, but not Bond girl hot.

She wouldn't be a Bond "Girl" in this scenario.

And jesus Frank Erwin, she doesn't look like a dude.  But I do see a lot of Surly members who seem to always say the black woman we post are really dudes(except for like Halle Berry and similar toned women).