Want to own a painting of happy, little trees? You're shit out of luck.

Deej

54 minutes ago, Dewey said:

Yeah, I had a hell of a time trying to buy one years ago, ended up buying a Bob Ross paint kit and making my own. 

So this kit is an Afro wig, a beard, and lots and lots of marijuana?

• Like 1

Seems silly that they are holding onto the paintings for what they claim is no reason other than he wasn’t into selling them. 

Yeah, those fucks pissed me off. At least open a fucking gallery to display them. Maybe sell the 2 versions of each one that Bob marked as the lesser versions.

30 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Seems silly that they are holding onto the paintings for what they claim is no reason other than he wasn’t into selling them. 

silly?  they’re sitting on a goldmine, and it’s growing.  no reason to sell now when they’re already making money with all that other crap plus social media.

3 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Yea standing on the principles of the creator....what a crock of shit.

Use the revenue to fund art scholarships or classes for under privileged kids.  I’m not saying that it has to be used to buy Ferraris for the 2 olds.  Speaking of which my guess they paintings haven’t been sold because the two old people don’t want them to be sold.  Once they kick, I bet many paintings go on the market.

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Use the revenue to fund art scholarships or classes for under privileged kids.  I’m not saying that it has to be used to buy Ferraris for the 2 olds.  Speaking of which my guess they paintings haven’t been sold because the two old people don’t want them to be sold.  Once they kick, I bet many paintings go on the market.

If Bob Ross had wanted to fund art scholarships for under privileged kids that would be fine...it doesn't sound like he was interested in that and further didn't really have interest in monetizing his work.  His supplies may be a different thing when it comes to money as he was selling those when he was alive. Just because you think that's a fine outcome doesn't make it the right thing to do.

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Like 1

Bob got paid to produce a panting on those shows, so it is likely that the paintings were the property of the show, not Bob, unless he specifically made sure he had a contract that gave him rights to his works done on the show.

PBS probably threw most of that shit in the trash.

2 hours ago, DougO said:

Bob got paid to produce a panting on those shows, so it is likely that the paintings were the property of the show, not Bob, unless he specifically made sure he had a contract that gave him rights to his works done on the show.

PBS probably threw most of that shit in the trash.

Did you watch the video?

• Like 1

Yes these paintings are an invaluable teaching lesson for budding artists everywhere.  Bring one in to each art class, point to it and say... don't paint like this shit right here.  

A Thomas Kincaid on the side wouldn't hurt, but could be construed as cruel, and unusual punishment.