David Crosby documentary out, Produced by Cameron Crowe

Gil Bang

I was totally unaware of this.  As I maybe mentioned, his son James Raymond (who he didn't realize existed until James was a grown man) lives 3 houses down from me.  He toured with CSN in the latter years.  He knows what a die hard I am (and he knows my dog's name is Crosby).  He was the one who told me a couple of years ago that Graham had had enough of him and they were done and likely never to tour again.  It fucked James over as that was his biggest source of income.  I have seen CSN (and CSNY twice) more than any other band ever.  Looking forward to it.  Is it going into arthouse theaters, or where will it be shown?

Edited by Sbbruin
  • Like 1

Not sure on theaters.  Opens 7/19.  

I just was in the car, and Stern saw a screening over the vacation, WITH David Crosby in attendance. He said that the movie is amazing.

Meanwhile, Crosby is flat broke.  He's an interesting follow on Twitter.  He's very candid about pissing all his money away on drugs.  He's talked about how he misses sailing, but can't afford a boat.   He's been selling his guitars.  The other day, a fan tweeted to him "Hey, I've got a nice Martin D-18 I'm not using. If you want it, you can have it. Play it for a while then sell it".  Crosby was all over that shit, and a few days later tweeted out a photo holding the guitar. 

1 minute ago, Gil Bang said:

Not sure on theaters.  Opens 7/19.  

I just was in the car, and Stern saw a screening over the vacation, WITH David Crosby in attendance. He said that the movie is amazing.

Meanwhile, Crosby is flat broke.  He's an interesting follow on Twitter.  He's very candid about pissing all his money away on drugs.  He's talked about how he misses sailing, but can't afford a boat.   He's been selling his guitars.  The other day, a fan tweeted to him "Hey, I've got a nice Martin D-18 I'm not using. If you want it, you can have it. Play it for a while then sell it".  Crosby was all over that shit, and a few days later tweeted out a photo holding the guitar. 

That's amazing, because they made a shitload of money touring.  He should be loaded.

I was totally unaware of this.  As I maybe mentioned, his son James Raymond (who he didn't realize existed until James was a grown man) lives 3 houses down from me.  He toured with CSN in the latter years.  He knows what a die hard I am (and he knows my dog's name is Crosby).  He was the one who told me a couple of years ago that Graham had had enough of him and they were done and likely never to tour again.  It fucked James over as that was his biggest source of income.  I have seen CSN (and CSNY twice) more than any other band ever.  Looking forward to it.  Is it going into arthouse theaters, or where will it be shown?

I assume you saw echo in the canyon...
  • Like 1

On 7/15/2019 at 2:05 PM, Sbbruin said:

Very aware.  And to put a finer point on it, my boat is named "Southern Cross."

I'll watch the show.  And that's a great song.  Some of my favorite lyrics:

. . . In a noisy bar in Avalon I tried to call you
But on a midnight watch I realized why twice you ran away
Think about how many times I have fallen
Spirits are using me, larger voices callin'
What heaven brought you and me cannot be forgotten
I have been around the world looking for that woman girl
Who knows love can endure
And you know it will
And you know it will . . .

1 minute ago, HouTex said:

I'll watch the show.  And that's a great song.  Some of my favorite lyrics:

. . . In a noisy bar in Avalon I tried to call you

That bar they are referencing is Luau Larry's (somewhere in an interview they made mention of it).  I will be at that bar tonight.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

I listened to that last night.  Sounds like he really burned some bridges.

Yep. Said he was open to mending fences, but not really expecting it.

Seemed at peace with it while owning up to being an ass in the past.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Saw Crosby Stills & Nash at the Erwin Center in the 90s.  Enjoyed it, but was aware of being the youngest person there by quite a bit.  Really enjoyed listening to them (with Neil) growing up and learning to play guitar, etc.  Thought Neil's tone (presumably) on the intro to "Ohio" was killer.

Edited by dcbc