PSA: Phoenix fucking sucks

XYZ

11 minutes ago, XYZ said:

High: 115

Low: 89

Fuck that place.

Got here at 11 this morning. Only 103. Got out of customer about 4 and car said 118. Thank god I fly out at 10 tomorrow morning. Good news is Wednesday the heat wave breaks. Only 104. 

11 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

Yep that shit gets old. Good buddy of mine has been for about 7 years I go visit every year and it gets worse as I get older

Yeah, I'm starting to feel this way in Dallas too.  Seems like every summer gets less and less tolerable the older I get.

• Like 1

Used to spend a week there every Spring for about 10 years.  Last trip was Spring 2007.  Haven't been back since.  Gonna be there for a week the last week of October.  Looking forward to it.  Will be interesting to see if my old faves are still around.

15 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

North Texas has a heat advisory for heat indexes around 104.

Phoenixs avg highs this week are 107-108...no heat index. Fuck. That.

We've had crazy high humidity for North Texas for awhile now -- higher than Houston a lot of the time. I think we had 115-ish heat index at times last week. It was brutal.

6 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Yeah, I'm starting to feel this way in Dallas too.  Seems like every summer gets less and less tolerable the older I get.

And it's been ultra-mild until the last week or so. But, fuck, it's getting hot.

A few years ago I had to fly back and forth to Scottsdale to see a client during July/August. I remember walking out of the office feeling like this... Seriously, felt like I was going to spontaneously combust.

imgur
/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png" />

Fortunately, when I landed back home and walked out of the airport, I was greeted with a smothering blanket of humidity in the 100's. I seriously contemplated a move to San Francisco that summer.

4 hours ago, 6th Street said:

People still hit up the day parties at the W and Valley Ho in Scottsdale even in this heat. Crazy

There's so much young and easy pussy in Slutsdale.  Worth dealing with the heat imo.  Of course I usually only go in the winter but even a couple days in the summer...I hear it can be a good time. 

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

There's so much young and easy pussy in Slutsdale.  Worth dealing with the heat imo.  Of course I usually only go in the winter but even a couple days in the summer...I hear it can be a good time. 

Listen to this man, he’s post med.  Love living in Scottsdale.  250 days a year of perfect weather, better than average culinary scene (getting better every year), hot ass EVERYWHERE with no winter weight,  more golf per square mile than anywhere in the world, all 4 major professional sports, no natural disasters, manageable traffic, reasonable cost of living... yep it sucks.  So much good going on makes it worth 100 days of hot.

47 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Listen to this man, he’s post med.  Love living in Scottsdale.  250 days a year of perfect weather, better than average culinary scene (getting better every year), hot ass EVERYWHERE with no winter weight,  more golf per square mile than anywhere in the world, all 4 major professional sports, no natural disasters, manageable traffic, reasonable cost of living... yep it sucks.  So much good going on makes it worth 100 days of hot.

Yes the ass is top notch in that city. 

8 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

I don’t know man, 100 days seems like a long time to me.  It’s bad in Dallas for about 60 days and that’s becoming harder and harder to deal with.  I mean, 100 days of shit is almost ⅓ of your life spent in shit.

Its my last summer here.  We’ve had enough.  Despite all of the positives.

Very little humidity though.  Been to places in the south during the late summer and have wondered how some of y’all do it.

Literally.  How do people have sex in that environment?

Used to do consulting work out at Luke AF Base. First time there, I noticed the high tech carports over the F16s and asked if that was to obscure satellite photos. The driver said it was to keep the temps down so pilots wouldn’t burn themselves getting the cockpits.

Live on the Texas coast, I thought yesterday was a nice day for the time of year, felt like the humidity had dropped some. Reading this thread  last night I looked up Scottsdale and saw humidity at 27% and laughed. Like I said felt like the humidity had dropped here, it was at 76%. Swamp ass. 

No matter where we live, theres negatives, but also many positives. 

22 hours ago, Upgrayedd said:

Its my last summer here.  We’ve had enough.  Despite all of the positives.

Very little humidity though.  Been to places in the south during the late summer and have wondered how some of y’all do it.

Literally.  How do people have sex in that environment?

I can’t speak for everyone in Texas, but I have air conditioning and tend to do most of my sexing indoors.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Butch Had Not said:

I'm used to it.  It's home now and I'm not moving away except to buy a second home in pinetop. It could be worse, I was in austin in summer/fall of 95 and that was more miserable than here.

That is a positive of this town.  1 1/2  hour drive and your at 7,000 feet and out of the heat.

57 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

That is a positive of this town.  1 1/2  hour drive and your at 7,000 feet and out of the heat.

Yep.  Rode my bike in Phoenix - 115 degrees.  The next morning I did a cycling event in Flagstaff - 44 degrees in the morning.  Went from heat stroke to hypothermia in 15 hours.

On 7/17/2019 at 9:12 PM, HeHateMe said:

Yeah I'm not sure we're counting the Suns as a professional sports team. 

13 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Out in Vegas one summer and it was still 100+ after midnight, believe that same summer they had to close the airport in Phoenix due to plane tires popping on the Tarmac/Gates.  

Well not to mention once you get to 115-120 degrees the density of the air has been reduced to the point you might need weight restrictions to lower the takeoff speed of the aircraft and I believe there is a certain point where it's just a complete no-go.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2019 at 10:09 PM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

North Texas has a heat advisory for heat indexes around 104.

Phoenixs avg highs this week are 107-108...no heat index. Fuck. That.

When it's 107-108 in Phoenix, the humidity is like 10%, so the heat index is 107-108. 

Without humidity, temp = heat index.

I used to go to Phoenix a few times a year and the heat never bothered me too much. As long as there was shade available it really wasn’t too bad. My office had covered parking which helped as far as keeping the car “cooler”. The walk out of the office was like the blast of heat you get when you open your oven, but after that initial shock it was fine.

3 hours ago, Telegraph_it said:

How similar is Phoenix to an 11 o’ clock kick at DKR in September?

Trying to judge the caliber of heat. 

A regular summer day in Phoenix is like a July 2011 day in Austin.