Ate at Black's BBQ today for the first time

Goo Punch

19 minutes ago, South Austin said:

It's been on the top of my Italian bucket list since the early days of shaggy and I finally went to Olive Garden today. I had the bottomless salad and breadsticks and chicken parmesan for my entrée. 

salad: 3/5

The dressing was fantastic, just like from the Old World.  The iceberg lettuce was a bit soggy, but the extra pepperoncini made up for it.  Oddly, for a place like Olive Garden, there were only two olives in the salad.

chicken parm: 5/5 

It was so outstanding that I made the joke about feeling like I was in Rome.  The chicken was extra tough and chewy, just like my Mamma Mia would make, and the marinara sauce tasted so fresh I could've sworn they took the lid of the jar right before putting it over my plate. 

Also, this was a coincidence- maybe five minutes before we left the place Vernon Broughton and his family came and sat in the booth behind our table. They had their computer out and it looked like they were editing some sort of video.

Can't spell marinara sawce or All of Garden apparently. 

oops, I went and made it all about me several people who incessantly whine about me went and made it all about yet again. you know there's no law that says the whole group of you need to run to every single thread i make and cry about how some innocuous thing that i did is such a big deal. but keep telling yourselves that it's not you, it's me. jesus.

There is an ongoing airplane fanatic thread in hobbies. There is also a bbq thread in food and travel.

Any time I fly I dont make a new texags thread in hobbies for flying around for 39 minutes.

Anytime you eat at some joint dont make a texags thread about it in food and travel.

Add to the thread and dont make it about me me me me me me.

On 7/15/2019 at 9:51 PM, Goo Punch said:

It's been on the top of my BBQ bucket list since the early days of shaggy and i finally went today. We stopped in there for lunch on our way to Port Aransas. I had brisket and pork spare ribs. 

brisket: 3/5

the good parts were good, and nice, and fatty, and tasted delicious, but there was plenty that was much less tender amd much more leathery. it was no better than Louis Mueller, and certainly nowhere close to Franklin. I would be impressed if i were a yankee, but i was honestly a bit let down.

pork spare rib: 2/5 

it was very very fatty, and just not as flavorful as ribs i've had at other joints. would not order again.

also, this was a coincidence- maybe five minutes before we left the place a couple came and sat in the booth behind our table. fast forward 2-3 hours (stupid construction all over 183/SE Texas), and ad we're heading into Virginia's in Port A i see the same couple waiting to be sat. small world.

We drove to Mustang Island to surf fish last week and stopped at Smitty’s.  Brisket with crackers.  Honestly, I can’t drive through Lockhart without stopping for BBQ.  

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

There is an ongoing airplane fanatic thread in hobbies. There is also a bbq thread in food and travel.

Any time I fly I dont make a new texags thread in hobbies for flying around for 39 minutes.

Anytime you eat at some joint dont make a texags thread about it in food and travel.

Add to the thread and dont make it about me me me me me me.

well if you'll go back and actually read this thread i was exclusively posting about food until the thread was overrun with *other* people making it about me me me. as i've said, i did a search for "black's bbq" and found nothing. i do not post on this forum. i was not aware that a meta bbq thread existed; if i was, i would have posted my OP in that thread. still, the fact remains, that somewhere between 4-7 people in this thread decided to make it all about me me me, and i wasn't one of them. and that's a fact.

something that was ironic earlier- @Neonmoon made a post alleging that i was seeking attention, and yet in that same post he linked the one post i (now) remember making in this forum, the derka food pr0n threa, a carryover thread from the old site. so, if i were really "craving attention", and if i were going to "make a thread all about me", then why wouldn't i just bump the thread in this forum that is in fact all about me? answer: because i don't want this overflow of negative attention. i didnt even remember that the derka food thread existed. i simply came to a forum that i never post in and made a post about BBQ, and then proceeded to talk about food, while you guys talked about me. anyone ese culé have made the same OP and this entire thread would be completely different. those are the facts. they are irrefutable. there isn't much else to say, except this: get over me. move on. stop creating drama where there is none. consider for one moment that your idea that i crave your attention doesn't make any sense, and then react accordingly. please and thank you. 

• Fuck You 2

17 minutes ago, LongestHorn said:

We drove to Mustang Island to surf fish last week and stopped at Smitty’s.  Brisket with crackers.  Honestly, I can’t drive through Lockhart without stopping for BBQ.  

I never realized how close in proximity Smitty's, Kreuz's, and Black's are until the other day. I think that Smitty's will be our stop on the way back. 

well if you'll go back and actually read this thread i was exclusively posting about food until the thread was overrun with *other* people making it about me me me. as i've said, i did a search for "black's bbq" and found nothing. i do not post on this forum. i was not aware that a meta bbq thread existed; if i was, i would have posted my OP in that thread. still, the fact remains, that somewhere between 4-7 people in this thread decided to make it all about me me me, and i wasn't one of them. and that's a fact.
something that was ironic earlier- [mention=796]Neonmoon[/mention] made a post alleging that i was seeking attention, and yet in that same post he linked the one post i (now) remember making in this forum, the derka food pr0n threa, a carryover thread from the old site. so, if i were really "craving attention", and if i were going to "make a thread all about me", then why wouldn't i just bump the thread in this forum that is in fact all about me? answer: because i don't want this overflow of negative attention. i didnt even remember that the derka food thread existed. i simply came to a forum that i never post in and made a post about BBQ, and then proceeded to talk about food, while you guys talked about me. anyone ese culé have made the same OP and this entire thread would be completely different. those are the facts. they are irrefutable. there isn't much else to say, except this: get over me. move on. stop creating drama where there is none. consider for one moment that your idea that i crave your attention doesn't make any sense, and then react accordingly. please and thank you. 

I counted 18 “I’s”.

7 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

something that was ironic earlier- @Neonmoon made a post alleging that i was seeking attention, and yet in that same post he linked the one post i (now) remember making in this forum, the derka food pr0n threa, a carryover thread from the old site. so, if i were really "craving attention", and if i were going to "make a thread all about me", then why wouldn't i just bump the thread in this forum that is in fact all about me? answer: because i don't want this overflow of negative attention. i didnt even remember that the derka food thread existed. i simply came to a forum that i never post in and made a post about BBQ, and then proceeded to talk about food, while you guys talked about me. anyone ese culé have made the same OP and this entire thread would be completely different. those are the facts. they are irrefutable. there isn't much else to say, except this: get over me. move on. stop creating drama where there is none. consider for one moment that your idea that i crave your attention doesn't make any sense, and then react accordingly. please and thank you. 

If you're too dumb to know this website will have a meta BBQ thread in the food section or too lazy to try to find it or too selfish to follow the community rules because they can't possibly apply to you (or, likely some combination of all three)...that's on you.

I don't really have a dog in this fight other than for the lulz, but you can try to deflect this onto other people all you want and try to claim ignorance because you don't post in this sub-section, but you're wrong about all of it.

And stop with the "if someone else would have done it you guys would have never said anything" bullshit and then claiming that as "fact".  That is not a fact, that is your conjecture.  It is almost literally the opposite of a "fact".

26 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

If you're too dumb to know this website will have a meta BBQ thread in the food section

You mean the 'Texas BBQ" thread that is continually at the top of the page, usually among the first five topics listed? That thread? Never seen it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Deej said:

You mean the 'Texas BBQ" thread that is continually at the top of the page, usually among the first five topics listed? That thread? Never seen it. 

People in Texas eat BBQ? What, is it like, famous here or something?

Image result for britney gif

8 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

I never realized how close in proximity Smitty's, Kreuz's, and Black's are until the other day. I think that Smitty's will be our stop on the way back. 

That's understandable because Lockhart is such a big place. I take it you are new to the Greater Austin area?

1 hour ago, Landomatic said:

If you're too dumb to know this website will have a meta BBQ thread in the food section or too lazy to try to find it or too selfish to follow the community rules because they can't possibly apply to you (or, likely some combination of all three)...that's on you.

I don't really have a dog in this fight other than for the lulz, but you can try to deflect this onto other people all you want and try to claim ignorance because you don't post in this sub-section, but you're wrong about all of it.

And stop with the "if someone else would have done it you guys would have never said anything" bullshit and then claiming that as "fact".  That is not a fact, that is your conjecture.  It is almost literally the opposite of a "fact".

Surly's pretty much an equal opportunity, jump at the chance, poster abuse place.... God I love it.....

• Like 1

On 7/16/2019 at 3:19 AM, justhookit said:

He just got to Port A and went to Virginia’s. Should we really trust his food opinion?

@Goo Punch if you need some recs let me know. Best restaurant in town is Liberty Hall. Venetian Hot Plate and Lisabella’s are also very good. For lunch hit Shell’s or Irie’s or Harbor Lights at the Back Porch. The new place on Beach street called Lelo’s has a damn good burger.

Do they still allow smoking where that Lelo’s, when it was the other place I heard they had a good burger but walked in and it was a cloud of smoke.

56 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Has Smitty's finally turned things back around? I was massively disappointed the last couple of times I went there.

It's been absolutely awful with completely inedible shoe leather brisket the last two times I've tried it.  Most recent was a couple of years ago but it was so bad that I dropped it from the rotation.  Which is sad because it used to be my favorite in Lockhart.

Black's is the most consistently good one now, although there's so much good BBQ in Austin I never feel the need to go to Lockhart anymore, anyway.

7 hours ago, Landomatic said:

I can imagine him not knowing about the meta-thread.

I can also imagine the vast majority of posters, when confronted with their misstep, would say "oh shit, my bad, I didn't see that.  Mods, please delete this thread."

BUT . . .

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I can also imagine the vast majority of posters, when confronted with their misstep, would say "oh shit, my bad, I didn't see that.  Mods, please delete this thread."

BUT . . .

He's been a poster for far too long to not think about searching first, but it is Derka, and nothing surprises.

29 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

He's been a poster for far too long to not think about searching first, but it is Derka, and nothing surprises.

It's particularly scrumptrulescent as he plays the Voluntary Hall Monitor so zealously where he does post

19 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

BUT . . .

lmao. what a load of shit. do you also think that the vast majority of posters would have been "confronted with their misstep" via a chorus of, "GOD DAMN IT DERKA YOU DID THIS ON PURPOSE BECAUSE YOU NEED ATTENTION SO BADLY YOU FUCKING ATTENTION WHORE."

no? oh okay then. you don't have a leg stand on here when "being confronted with a misstep" actually equals being personally and belligerently called out for very specific (and completely fabricated) reasons. I know that this truth won't change anything in any of your minds,  it there it is. 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Fuck You 1

18 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

how many times in this thread have i mentioned that i did a search first? jesus you are so incredibly dumb. 

it is absolutely hilarious how many times this has played out.

1)i make an innocuous post

2)there's a fucking california gold rush of people (so many of the same names over and over and over) who all come charging into the thread en masse to make it all about me

3)same group of people all keep the thread alive for days by talking exclusively about me and how much i want attention, all the while patting each other on the back for being so above it all

hilarious

but what can you do when people have such an insane lack self awareness? 

(now cue the same group of completely self deluded people running in here going crazy over the "irony" of that statement)

y'all love this. y'all live for this. even if you won't admit it to yourselves, it's true, and threads like this one only prove it. 

• Fuck You 2

26 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

lmao. what a load of shit. do you also think that the vast majority of posters would have been "confronted with their misstep" via a chorus of, "GOD DAMN IT DERKA YOU DID THIS ON PURPOSE BECAUSE YOU NEED ATTENTION SO BADLY YOU FUCKING ATTENTION WHORE."

ummm . . . the very first reply on this thread is nothing more than a link to another thread.  No scolding, no name-calling.

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

ummm . . . the very first reply on this thread is nothing more than a link to another thread.  No scolding, no name-calling.

And the proper response is "Goddammit you assholes, I'm a dumbass, delete thread, ban user..." but I still haven't seen that. That would defeat the real purpose of the thread.

Sometimes associated with the term victim complex, persons diagnosed with a “martyr complex” actually desire the feelings of repeatedly being the victim. They sometimes seek out, even encourage, their own victimization in order to either satisfy a psychological need or as an excuse to avoid personal responsibility. Persons diagnosed with a martyr complex often knowingly place themselves in situations or relationships most likely to result in their suffering.

https://www.thoughtco.com/victim-complex-4160276

• Like 1