Iowa Human Services Director forced out over 2Pac Obsession

Hugo Stiglitz

20 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Yup.  It's Minnesota and Nebraska at the top of the hate chain, and everyone else is a long ways behind.  I openly celebrate Wisconsin, and ambivalent to the others.  I think Des Moines area probably hates Nebraska more just due to proximity and the much higher likelihood of seeing GBR mouthbreathers there.  No one in Minnesota gives a fuck about college sports, and most Minnesotans that move to Iowa are going to ISU and become Cyclones.

Minnesota is kind of a northern Texas, and they view us the way you view Oklahoma.

There's an I-35 observation I've made:  the states at each end (TX, MN) are extremely prideful and view the next states down the highway as completely beneath them (OK, IA).  Those states in turn resent the bookends and are generally "meh" towards to the next states inland (KS, MO) from them.  The middle states (KS, MO) hate each with other equal passion

This is pretty accurate, but the feelings those states have for their neighbors to the east or west don’t seem to fit a pattern. I’d appreciate your in-depth analysis to see if you can identify a pattern I’m missing. 

1 minute ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

This is pretty accurate, but the feelings those states have for their neighbors to the east or west don’t seem to fit a pattern. I’d appreciate your in-depth analysis to see if you can identify a pattern I’m missing. 

I don't think there is one.  It's very scattershot.  Only Nebraska and Missouri seem to have high levels of disdain for both east/west neighbors, and I think now that CU is in the Pac 12, Nebraskans don't have real strong feelings towards Colorado.

8 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I don't think there is one.  It's very scattershot.  Only Nebraska and Missouri seem to have high levels of disdain for both east/west neighbors, and I think now that CU is in the Pac 12, Nebraskans don't have real strong feelings towards Colorado.

Iowans hate the Dakotas so much they have vowed to never finish the I-29 reconstruction.  When did that project start, the early 90s?