Rich Lord let go from 610

msbesq

if the choice was rich lord or john lopez, they chose poorly. lord and pallalio needs to happen again 

just opened the link, im not sure what the fuck took them so long to get rid of mike meltzer. that guy is the radio version of super aids, just fucking horrible. 

Edited by tx 3 putt

13 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

if the choice was rich lord or john lopez, they chose poorly. lord and pallalio needs to happen again 

just opened the link, im not sure what the fuck took them so long to get rid of mike meltzer. that guy is the radio version of super aids, just fucking horrible. 

Wow, the link was updated since I posted it. Meltser was not mentioned in the original article. Maybe more to come.

Mike Meltser has been let go. I have been going nuts online about this news. This fucking aggression will not stand. Seth and Mike had a great show that was smart, funny and informative. Looks like I’m adding 610 in addition to Nike to my boycott list. I listened to 610 every day from when I wake up until I drive home. Don’t fuck with my routine. God I hate this world

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Haha 1

Back around 2008 or 2009, I got into an argument with Lord as I gave him a ride in the Shriners shuttle van to the offsite parking lot from the golf course for the Shell Houston Open because he had been bashing VY during his broadcast 30 minutes earlier. 

20 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Dude what the fuck man. Mike Meltser is great. Smart guy. Disappointed in that opinion of yours man. aggy Lopez is terrible and should be shitcanned. You’re right on that account 

610's only listenable show was lord and pendegrast, and at that the talk about the texas 3rd string tackle gets tiresome after about 30 seconds. 610's whole problem is too much texans talk. they're an average team and fairly boring at that. not enough to carry the entire line up. 

meltzer and payne - unlistenable. their best show was a show that sara pepper filled in for meltzer. that chick is damn talented. payne is good but meltzer was bringing him down and adding nothing to the show. payne needs to refind his self from when he first started on 610. he's really fallen off, too much time with meltzer as a co host 

lopez and whoever mid day - shit is horrible. lopez's expiration date is long past

Edited by tx 3 putt

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

He just graduated and has been studying for the bar

he probably wasn't long for the sports radio world anyway, then. 

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

Stoernor knows his nfl and college football 

he's pretty good.  also has the best colloquialisms ever.

11 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Back around 2008 or 2009, I got into an argument with Lord as I gave him a ride in the Shriners shuttle van to the offsite parking lot from the golf course for the Shell Houston Open because he had been bashing VY during his broadcast 30 minutes earlier. 

justice is slow, but inevitable

I listened to Rich Lord growing up on 740 when he’d do Sportsbeat with Charlie Pallilo. Postgame Oilers show too. The truth is he has been mailing it in for years now and was lazy with show prep and info. Is Sean Pendergast gone now too? I can’t listen to the fuckface Sean Salisbury in the morning on 790 and John and Lance on 97.5 has worse production value and sound than high school radio. For Christ’s sake they could do something to make it not sound so tinny. Lance has become a cunt too, especially after everyone was rightfully saying his brisket that he smoked looked dry as fuck and more like a slab of beef jerky.

29 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

610's only listenable show was lord and pendegrast, and at that the talk about the texas 3rd string tackle gets tiresome after about 30 seconds. 610's whole problem is too much texans talk. they're an average team and fairly boring at that. not enough to carry the entire line up. 

meltzer and payne - unlistenable. their best show was a show that sara pepper filled in for meltzer. that chick is damn talented. payne is good but meltzer was bringing him down and adding nothing to the show. payne needs to refind his self from when he first started on 610. he's really fallen off, too much time with meltzer as a co host 

lopez and whoever mid day - shit is horrible. lopez's expiration date is long past

Football drives the conversation on sports talk. If they talked Rockets and Astros they’d have no listeners and I love both of them more than the Texans

1 hour ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Lance has become a cunt too, especially after everyone was rightfully saying his brisket that he smoked looked dry as fuck and more like a slab of beef jerky.

Rage-y Lance was pretty good radio that morning, though.

• Like 1

Here's an article about the changes.

Changes at 610

Spoiler

6:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.:

“Payne and Pendergast”

10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.:

“In The Loop”

2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.:

“Clint and Kamla”

6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.:

“Texans All Access”

7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.:

“The Six Pack with Matthew Jarecki”

9:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.:

“Matthew Jarecki”

Edited by BornOrange

He is a meth addled Razorback with a hick accent. Fuck him

we just let this hanging curveball go right on by

who the fuck is kamla?

Edit: basketball guy. Good. Hopefully break up the Texans talk.

Edited by elfenix

5 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Mike Meltser has been let go. I have been going nuts online about this news. This fucking aggression will not stand. Seth and Mike had a great show that was smart, funny and informative. Looks like I’m adding 610 in addition to Nike to my boycott list. I listened to 610 every day from when I wake up until I drive home. Don’t fuck with my routine. God I hate this world

That explains a lot. Anyone's brain would turn to mush with 10 hours of sports talk radio a day.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

There is Charlie Pallilo and and then there is the dumpster fire that is the rest of Houston sports talk radio.

No one else comes close.

I grew up listening to Charlie Pallilo. I never get to hear his show because of my lunch

17 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I’m a big Ticket guy but lived in Houston for 4 years. Rich Lord was okay. Reminded me a lot of George Dunham. Everyone else sucked shit through a straw. Except Charlie. Charlie was awesome. 

I have never listened to Dallas sports talk radio but the consensus is that it shits all over what we have in Houston and the ratings show the difference too. What is the secret sauce that makes Dallas sports talk so much better and higher rated in your opinion. Is it because we have larger ethnic, English as a second language foreigner population than Dallas? Is it because the Cowboys are one of the great teams all time while we have been fed dog shit - this is what I think the real reason behind the difference. Can the on air talent be that much worse than in Htown?

• 2 months later...

Who is kamla?  Kamala Harris?

Less than an hour before the Astros' game 5 I flipped over to 610 when 790 (which is a pretty lousy station, too) went to a commercial break.  Those meathead morons were still talking Texans.  I get the concept of counter programming, but come on. 

Amazing how terrible Houston sports talk radio is.

10 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Who is kamla?  Kamala Harris?

Less than an hour before the Astros' game 5 I flipped over to 610 when 790 (which is a pretty lousy station, too) went to a commercial break.  Those meathead morons were still talking Texans.  I get the concept of counter programming, but come on. 

Amazing how terrible Houston sports talk radio is.

i think the afternoon show yesterday had 3 former football players and no host.  they did interview brandon backe yesterday. 

i refuse to stay on 790 because i still bear that company a grudge for killing 101.   i listen to a lot more NPR than i used to. 

Edited by elfenix