2019 - 2020 Houston Rockets Thread of Heroes Taking Shots

Slacks

50 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

The question now is if Tilman Fertita is willing to lose the prorated $4 million that D'Antoni is owed. Methinks he's willing to let the season burn to a crisp rather than making a change now. 

yeah, I was thinking _'Antoni would be axed soon, but Fertitti is too cheap to eat the millions.  This franchise is completely fucked for the next 3-4 years with the huge contracts given to guys past their best years + no draft picks. They invested in that 65 win season and the year after, lost it, and have nothing in the tank. Then the rebuild will start, Morey will be gone, Houston won't be a top 4 team until 7-8 years from now. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NowThis said:

yeah, I was thinking _'Antoni would be axed soon, but Fertitti is too cheap to eat the millions.  This franchise is completely fucked for the next 3-4 years with the huge contracts given to guys past their best years + no draft picks. They invested in that 65 win season and the year after, lost it, and have nothing in the tank. Then the rebuild will start, Morey will be gone, Houston won't be a top 4 team until 7-8 years from now. 

1 hour ago, Tylerocks said:

You guys wanted an expanded bench....well there ya go. :lol

That game was over in the first 5 min.

They are completely unwatchable.

They need someone like Iggy at SF and they need an athletic PF. I don't think the Rockets are that much less talented this year compared to last, but they don't have anyone on the team who really cares. Someone who Harden and Westbrook respect and who tries on defense and yells at guys who play half ass and spend all night at the bars will make a world of difference.

14 hours ago, NowThis said:

yeah, I was thinking _'Antoni would be axed soon, but Fertitti is too cheap to eat the millions.  

One thing that is making this entire situation worse is the fallout from the Morey/China tweet thing. I don't know what is out there publicly, but from what I was told by someone who works for the Spurs and would know, the Rockets lost a smooth $25 million in revenue right off the bat (and per year going forward) after the shit hit the fan. I was also told that the Warriors took a similar hit and that the entire league could expect about an overall 10% loss in revenue. All of this may be common knowledge already, but I can't imagine it making things better on the court for the Rockets as they balance Harden's and Westbrook's contracts (plus Eric Gordon and Capella) along with trying building out a championship roster with limited future draft picks. You can talk all you want about adding Kevin Love or Lamarcus Aldridge, but outside of picking scraps off the G league heap and vets on buyouts, I don't see that they have much choice beyond 'dancing with who brung ya' at this point.

The Rockets look like hot garbage. I don’t know if Harden is out of shape or showing his age but he is showing none of the quickness or hops to create separation to get to the hoop and finish or hit jump shots. It’s like he can’t get off the ground. Don’t get me started on his defense 

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

34 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

meh, the start to the season has been completely uninspiring but they didn't really turn it on until about 25 games in last year.  and they're 2 games better through 7 games than they were last year.

by far the most concerning thing thus far has been the defensive effort.

Why the fuck did we let Jeff Bzdelik go to the Pelicans?

The "enigma" that is the Rockets.

It feels like this board as well as the fan base in general all wants to reserve judgment until "something" happens. I kind of feel the same way myself, but the question is what is this "something" we all seem to be waiting on. Is there anything they can do from a regular season accomplishment standpoint, that would make us "believe" in this edition? I still have my doubts that as currently constructed they can win a ring. But then I ask myself, why not? Who is head & shoulders above? Maybe the Clips, so would a 'W' tomorrow night convince me otherwise...probably not since they'll be w/o PG13. But it'll definitely register on that radar. 

But I mean Harden even though he frustrates the heck out of us/me with his style of play, you can't argue with the results/numbers. I mean he was WC POW last week. They're on the 2nd longest winning streak (4) and their (7-3) Record is only 1.5 games behind the best in the league.

Russ seems to be adjusting & looks pretty good operating around the midrange (his 3pt% is horrible so don't mind him settling for those instead). 

Austin Rivers - D'antoni needs to find him more minutes for him. He's shooting close to 43% right now.

Clint still maddens me at times, but I saw something last night that gave me hope. He unveiled a lil left handed hook shot over his right shoulder from entry pass to him on the block. It honestly caught me so off guard I had to rewind the DVR just to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

Anyways, just a few early season thoughts (not that anyone really cares) but I think things are actually looking kind of promising for this squad out the gate. As I don't really see anyone running away with anything out West. Very interested to see where this team progresses from here!

I haven’t seen any team in the nba play so far that makes me think “fuck no one can beat that team”. Houston is 7-3 and winning games even if it’s ugly but there isn’t really anyone winning pretty and look unstoppable. We could end up being terrible but I think morey will attempt to make another move by the deadline to give it one last shot.

if they can somehow get iguodala, the ceiling is really high.  as they stand now, i just don't think they're gonna be able to consistently get enough stops to beat a team like the clippers 4 out of 7 games. 

but it's also november and they have until the end of the buy out market to finalize the roster.  morey will definitely do something.

46 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I haven’t seen any team in the nba play so far that makes me think “fuck no one can beat that team”. Houston is 7-3 and winning games even if it’s ugly but there isn’t really anyone winning pretty and look unstoppable. We could end up being terrible but I think morey will attempt to make another move by the deadline to give it one last shot.

Yeah, I don't see anyone winning 65 games and looking untouchable this year.  If we can finish top 4, I think we'll have a shot.

We do need another defender/rebounder, though.

1 hour ago, Lurch said:

Gordon out for knee surgery... 6 weeks. Just in time for the Christmas Day kickoff of the NBA season

Good, he sucks. Maybe he was sucking because he was injured, but he has sucked so far this year. Making that extension look like the worst thing ever done by a Houston sports franchise.