2019 - 2020 Houston Rockets Thread of Heroes Taking Shots

Slacks

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

Then how bad do other teams suck to lose to a team that plays nothing but a “pick up” game style? Seems like that would be pretty easy to stop more than not.

Their talent alone is enough to win them enough games to be "good", but this style of play won't compete with teams in the upper echelon. Similar to the Texans or Cowboys situations

Just now, Jim Tressell’s Vest said:

Their talent alone is enough to win them enough games to be "good", but this style of play won't compete with teams in the upper echelon. Similar to the Texans or Cowboys situations

They took the warriors to the brink more than any other team playing pick up ball? Hmm ok.  If cp3 doesn’t get hurt they would have been the only team to take down a fully healthy KD led warriors team. If they were a 8 seed every yea I’d agree.

• Like 1

They took the warriors to the brink more than any other team playing pick up ball? Hmm ok.  If cp3 doesn’t get hurt they would have been the only team to take down a fully healthy KD led warriors team. If they were a 8 seed every yea I’d agree.

Hot take: They were better without CP3 because it gave Harden more touches and allowed him to play even more iso ball, rather than having Paul take touches away and not being able to iso as well.

14 minutes ago, Jim Tressell’s Vest said:

Hot take: They were better without CP3 because it gave Harden more touches and allowed him to play even more iso ball, rather than having Paul take touches away and not being able to iso as well.

You’re still avoiding my question. Pick up basketball is always a slam it’s unorganized chaos basketball. I say the same stuff when I go to any aau tournament as a high school basketball coach to watch one of my boys play. But unorganized chaos doesn’t take one of the greatest teams ever to game 7, then you say they are better off without cp3 and they are losing more games? So you’re a tad confusing. 

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

You’re still avoiding my question. Pick up basketball is always a slam it’s unorganized chaos basketball. I say the same stuff when I go to any aau tournament as a high school basketball coach to watch one of my boys play. But unorganized chaos doesn’t take one of the greatest teams ever to game 7, then you say they are better off without cp3 and they are losing more games? So you’re a tad confusing. 

Yes, I do not find the Rockets style of basketball to be organized or in any way beneficial for young players to model their game after. Again, they have talented players that have allowed their lack of organization or discipline to be overlooked because they are able to use their style of play very very well with their talent. I can't necessarily give any sort of alternative, but I feel they could be much more successful if they had a more "typical" scheme

7 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Or why is tressels vest just now coming in to talk rockets basketball? 

I have been following this thread for some time, but had never felt moved to share until I started to hear a lot of talk about Capela in the basketball world and wanted to hear some other opinions

8 minutes ago, Jim Tressell’s Vest said:

Yes, I do not find the Rockets style of basketball to be organized or in any way beneficial for young players to model their game after. Again, they have talented players that have allowed their lack of organization or discipline to be overlooked because they are able to use their style of play very very well with their talent. I can't necessarily give any sort of alternative, but I feel they could be much more successful if they had a more "typical" scheme

What’s organized about LeBron coming down pounding the air out of the ball and shooting a three? Rockets style is being run all over the nba. Uptempo, high volume of threes or layups. The mid range game is basically over except for a few here and there. Again even with the best players you have to have some organization on the floor. The rockets have great floor spacing(which is part of the plan) and they attack the drive lanes for a layup or a kick out three. It doesn’t have to be complex to be a offense, sometimes less is more and I think they are doing exactly what they need to be doing to win with harden. That doesn’t mean they can ever win with harden which is what I argue. But it has nothing to do with them picking a different offense like you’re saying.

What’s organized about LeBron coming down pounding the air out of the ball and shooting a three? Rockets style is being run all over the nba. Uptempo, high volume of threes or layups. The mid range game is basically over except for a few here and there. Again even with the best players you have to have some organization on the floor. The rockets have great floor spacing(which is part of the plan) and they attack the drive lanes for a layup or a kick out three. It doesn’t have to be complex to be a offense, sometimes less is more and I think they are doing exactly what they need to be doing to win with harden. That doesn’t mean they can ever win with harden which is what I argue. But it has nothing to do with them picking a different offense like you’re saying.

I think those are almost one in the same. Under Dantoni, with Harden at the heart of your team, I am not sure there's another offense that can be ran. So generally, I agree with you. The Rockets have talent to be contenders, but not to actually win it all

1 hour ago, Jim Tressell’s Vest said:

That certainly is a scorcher, given that every measurable statistic in existence debunks it.

21 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I think those are almost one in the same. Under Dantoni, with Harden at the heart of your team, I am not sure there's another offense that can be ran. So generally, I agree with you. The Rockets have talent to be contenders, but not to actually win it all

8 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Should we try to pick up ex Longhorn Tristan Thompson to add some height to our roster?

Read some hard hitting and totally random BS that said the numbers couldn’t have worked out, and that same person followed up by saying he wouldn’t be available in buyout, just FWIW.

Bruno is an interesting land, hopefully a D’Antoni mold guy. And I wouldn’t mind seeing more minutes from Hartenstein.

Edited by The Earl of Texas

i'd throw hartensein to the wolves and start a lineup of:

westbrook, harden, covington, tucker, hartenstein while bringing gordon, house, mclemore and rivers off the bench.  hartenstein wouldn't get more than 15-20 mpg, but that's 15-20 mpg a guy like tucker isn't having to play center. 

i'd do that until hartenstein made it clear it's not a good idea.

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Jordan Bell we hardly knew ya'.

Reuniting former Orgeon Ducks.

Obligatory 

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Should we try to pick up ex Longhorn Tristan Thompson to add some height to our roster?

Good question. Htown, what's the latest from BraBra?

54 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Obligatory 

spacer.png

Good question. Htown, what's the latest from BraBra?

That we got Tillman'd again.

Also, we went hard after Christian Wood, but Detroit likes him more than Drummond, and the 76ers have offered us Kyle O'Quinn, but Morey thinks they are going to buy him out.

Edited by HtownHorn

I love morey but he’s been really shitty since last summer. Look at all he has wasted to basically get two guys? He has to be on thin ice right now right? Or does never winning a title get you a lifetime free pass? And I’ve loved morey for years but damn he’s panicking and fucking tossing away everything. 

5 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I love morey but he’s been really shitty since last summer. Look at all he has wasted to basically get two guys? He has to be on thin ice right now right? Or does never winning a title get you a lifetime free pass? And I’ve loved morey for years but damn he’s panicking and fucking tossing away everything. 

You do realize how severely hampered he's been by Fertida's desire to avoid the luxury tax at all costs. Which is why Morey had to make deals to give away 1st round picks for shitty contracts.

Edited by HtownHorn

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I guess so but even that you’re putting the organization in the shitter. If it’s that bad why doesn’t morey just resign knowing he could easily get any job he would want. Let’s lay some of the blame at morey feet. 

Wouldn't be shocked to see him leave pretty soon. The Rockets are about to become one of worst run organizations in the NBA.

3 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

It’d be nice if Harden would start waking up. Brodie needs to keep attacking the paint. He’s been great tonight.

It's not really worth it, he's just gonna chill and chuck 3s. He ain't gonna get any calls from Scott Foster.

Look he just got tripped then stepped on. No call. Garbage.