2019 - 2020 Houston Rockets Thread of Heroes Taking Shots

Slacks

On 5/5/2020 at 1:34 PM, Iconoclast Texan said:

It'd be nice if D'Antoni actually had a system to run like Spoelstra does instead of relying solely on the skills of Brodie and Beard. I would much rather have a defensive minded head coach with the team we have.

Defense wins championships. It is known.

18 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

06c035be1c19eaa4bc5737daf3ec8d21.jpg

If the Rockets go with a retread, JVG or bust. It would be nice to see what he can accomplish with a roster of healthy stars plus an actual bench.

• Like 2

I just want a fucking coach who has 1/10th of a brain cell on load management (i.e. not D'Antoni) and 1/10th of a brain cell at drawing up a play out of a timeout (i.e. not McHale)

Is this too much to ask?

My favorite post Rudy T coach was Adelman but he is too old at this point 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Must finally be healthy. Really good addition as long as the shoulder stays in his socket. The Rockets best lineups 3 years ago were him at center, those lineups destroyed people, the Ariza, Paul, Tucker, Harden, and Mbah a Moute lineup was a +60.8.

I can see a closing lineup of Westbrook, Harden, Covington, Tucker, and Mbah a Moute.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

cyberx who has revealed a ton of inside shit before on Clutchfans says that Harden has the rona.

Now? I thought he got it earlier when he was looking eating disorder level skinny.

James Harden's remarkable weight loss during NBA lockdown period ...

https://www.republicworld.com/sports-news/basketball-news/james-hardens-remarkable-weight-loss-during-nba-lockdown-period.html

Edited by UDontKnow

7 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Scratch another one of our guys off the list of availables. This is a pure dipshit move.

Bruno is Brazilian. See the state of affairs in that country with regards to COVID. It would literally be the worst place in the world if it weren't for the U.S.A. That said, was Bruno really going to get meaningful minutes? I highly doubt it.

13 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Bruno is Brazilian. See the state of affairs in that country with regards to COVID. It would literally be the worst place in the world if it weren't for the U.S.A. That said, was Bruno really going to get meaningful minutes? I highly doubt it.

Any minutes he would have gotten are likely going to go to Mbah a Moute now.

I don't see D'Antoni's rotations being that large because of the long layoff, but he's got plenty of veterans in Westbrook, Harden, Covington, Tucker, Rivers, McLemore, House, Gordon, Green, Carroll, and Mbah a Moute.

They also signed David Nwaba to a 2 year deal. This will be the 5th team he's played for since he joined the Lakers in 2016-17 season. However, in 20 games for Brooklyn he was shooting .429 BTA and appears to be a decent wing defender at guard and forward.

Holy shit, Thibs would be the worst fucking coach we could hire. MDA is a much better coach that him. Thibs would run everyone into the ground even moreso than MDA. I can't believe anyone would want him on their staff in any capacity, he was a failure everywhere he went, and never got along with management. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Holy shit, Thibs would be the worst fucking coach we could hire. MDA is a much better coach that him. Thibs would run everyone into the ground even moreso than MDA. I can't believe anyone would want him on their staff in any capacity, he was a failure everywhere he went, and never got along with management. 
Can we put him on the Texans so that he takes BOB down with him?

15 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

I’d take him as an assistant defensive coach 

• 2 weeks later...

Would be a decent trade for both teams. Horford doesn't work with the 76ers already crowded front court. Gordon is a luxury on the Rockets given the dearth of guards and wings in their rotation.

Westbrook, Harden, Covington, Tucker, and Horford would be a pretty decent starting 5. Horford is a perfect center for this team, ability to shoot 3's and protect the rim.

Though the biggest problem would be the $11M difference in their salaries.

Edited by HtownHorn

6 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Of course. Made of glass. Can't believe they gave him that ridiculous extension, unless they plan on him being traded for something useful.

I was done with Morey after that extension: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2851754-eric-gordon-rockets-reportedly-agree-to-4-year-76m-contract-extension

Edited by UDontKnow

On 7/29/2020 at 6:41 PM, UDontKnow said:

I am pretty sure Daryl Morey is one of the best trade negotiators in NBA history he is also simultaneously the absolute worst contract negotiator in NBA history by a long shot which in turn has completely fucked over his only real strength

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

We somehow get overtime. Glad Covington is actually somewhat tall that helped

I mean he's still 5-6 inches shorter than Kristaps. PJ drew enough of Kristap's attention to allow Covington to sneak behind. But damn if Covington didn't guess right on the direction of that intentional FT miss.

If the Rockets take this in OT, it would be another choke job by the Mavs who lead the league in that category this season.

Edited by UDontKnow