2019 - 2020 Houston Rockets Thread of Heroes Taking Shots

Slacks

I like the Bucks, I like The Greek Freak, I of course like the Rockets more, the Bucks can be out roughed. No wonder the Raptors took care of them last year. 

Russ, House, and PJ are dogs. The Bucks really don’t have those type of guys. 

I wish the Rockets hadn’t slumped right before the shut down, but I love what I’m seeing from the team right now. 

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

Especially considering the Rockets had nearly 30 fewer rebounds.

Rockets missed a lot of open looks. Tucker going 3-12 from the corner helped them a lot. Forced 22 TOs, and and 15 steals. Rocketball at it's best.

Just 1 game behind the Nuggets now, tied the season series 2-2, and they have a 4 game lead over conference losses. They have a tougher schedule though. Games against OKC, Portland, Utah, Lakers, Clippers, and Toronto.

We get a game against Sacramento. We also have to play 2 more East teams.

Edited by HtownHorn

Another nice win. The rockets score from all angles. If the long ball isn't raining in, then start slashing. I thought the Rockets would get out fast. The small line up works well with these players. Rockets could take any of the playoff teams in a seven-game series.

Top 4 in the West is tough. For Houston or Denver, it means beating the Clips and the Lakers to get to the Finals, if the chips fall as expected.

And the first round will be no slouch.

The West is tough (and that is without a healthy Golden State).  Houston and OKC look good early and they have the talent to win a 7 game series against one of the LA teams. Hell, Portland has moments of basketball brilliance (I would not want to face them in the first round). Gonna be a fun playoff run. 

Maybe this has been covered but I don’t necessarily want to search. Portland is the home team tonight so why am I seeing graphic overlays on the court for Toyota and Memorial Hermann? Shouldn’t it be Portland specific? I noticed it last week but the Rockets were the designated home that night.

This game didn't matter. But this was one of Russ's more frustrating games to watch. Back to poor free throw shooting and poor decision making on the court. Other players could not convert enough when Harden got doubled and a lot of that was due to Portland's 3 7 footers making life difficult around the basket.

First two games were fun but last night was a perfect example of what worries me in the playoffs. Last two games PJ has been 5/18 on 3's. And I'm still not sold on Harden/Westbrook when it matters. Once the playoffs start the pressure will only get worse.

If they are going to stay committed to this system, then Morey needs a more consistent offensive threat that can rebound/play d like PJ. I know it's difficult, but that's the system they chose.

I’ll take that trade all day every day. They did their job. 

Edit - I really don’t mean to diminish the win. It was a great performance without Westbrook. House has been so much better in this role since the restart that I’m not sure we miss Gordon too much. Sure as shit if he’s shooting like he was pre-shutdown. 

Edited by Planet Houston

Memphis did the Rockets a solid today, taking down OKC.

If the Rockets can win out with games against Sacramento, San Antonio, Indiana, and Philadelphia, we'd only need the Nuggets to lose 2 out of Utah, Lakers, Clippers, Toronto to get the #3 seed.

Edited by HtownHorn

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Memphis did the Rockets a solid today, taking down OKC.

If the Rockets can win out with games against Sacramento, San Antonio, Indiana, and Philadelphia, we'd only need the Nuggets to lose 2 out of Utah, Lakers, Clippers, Toronto to get the #3 seed.

Who does Houston match best against in the first/second rounds - Utah/LAL or OKC/LAC? 

There is no home court advantage this year, so seeding is all about the best matchups in the 1st and 2nd rounds. 

Good place to go for the seeding puzzle: https://stats.nba.com/playoffpicture/

Edited by washparkhorn

1 minute ago, Harrison Stafford said:

While not ideal, Harden is more than capable of handling the addition load considering he got a nice 3 month break. Gordon needs to nut up and make shots.

10 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

Surrounding James with 4 guys that theoretically can shoot the 3 is a good idea. The big problem the only guy on the team that appears to be on fire right now is McLemore. Sit James against Philly, and let Gordon shoot the ball 40 times. Hell I would sit Tucker and Covington, too. You have a deep team of NBA caliber players. Let them play. This game is meaningless.