2019 - 2020 Houston Rockets Thread of Heroes Taking Shots

Slacks

13 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Ever since they slowed down the Warriors with their switch everything defense it has been their calling card. They doubled down on the strategy when they got rid of Capela. I think they are all in, no matter if it makes sense or not. Expecting D'Antoni to make any sort of defensive adjustment at this point, as minor as this one would be, is probably asking too much. 

What do you know...pretty sure I saw Gordon fight through TWO screens late in game 7. Pretty sure they were both set by Schroeder, too.

Hi Mike!

Ok, I’m very drunk and can’t pretend to be a sober and objective observer of the last few minutes, but am I wrong to think the extra second or so they added on there after the Harden block was absolutely invented? It looked like Dort tried to throw it off of Harden with under 2 seconds left and somehow they put 2.7 on the clock.  I’ve seen some shit watching the NBA but I can’t ever remember them watching a slow motion replay of a ball going out and just deciding to add an extra second plus because they felt like it.

12 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Ok, I’m very drunk and can’t pretend to be a sober and objective observer of the last few minutes, but am I wrong to think the extra second or so they added on there after the Harden block was absolutely invented? It looked like Dort tried to throw it off of Harden with under 2 seconds left and somehow they put 2.7 on the clock.  I’ve seen some shit watching the NBA but I can’t ever remember them watching a slow motion replay of a ball going out and just deciding to add an extra second plus because they felt like it.

They added the second because the ball was out of bounds before he bounced it under harden. The refs actually got that one play correct.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Since Dort stepped out of bounds, the play was blown dead as soon as he touched the ball.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

They added the second because the ball was out of bounds before he bounced it under harden. The refs actually got that one play correct.

But only because they had to give Houston the ball anyway.  They actually did OKC a solid by putting more time on the clock.

NBA refs get most calls right, unless they'd rather get them wrong.

7 hours ago, TexArcher said:

But only because they had to give Houston the ball anyway.  They actually did OKC a solid by putting more time on the clock.

NBA refs get most calls right, unless they'd rather get them wrong.

Yes the extra time helped OKC but the extra time was the correct call. When the player steps out of bounds, the clock should stop there. There was a clear shot of when the play was dead with the clock in the background.

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Yes the extra time helped OKC but the extra time was the correct call. When the player steps out of bounds, the clock should stop there. There was a clear shot of when the play was dead with the clock in the background.

Close.  His feet were out of bounds when he jumped, so the clock is dead as soon as he touches the ball.  But I wasn't saying the call was wrong.  I was saying they only got it right because it benefitted OKC.

Those last seconds were excruciating to watch, sitting there waiting for the refs to hand the ball to the inbounding OKC player, just knowing in your heart it was gonna be some absurd McDonald's commercial trick shot three banking in at the buzzer. 

That goddamn Dort out of bounds play with time put back on the clock gave me flashbacks to the 90's Oilers games before the NFL changed the kickoff rules when opposing teams could just fuck up an onside kick, get penalized five yards but still get a free do over kick attempt.  

Edited by Gourmand