2019 - 2020 Houston Rockets Thread of Heroes Taking Shots

Slacks

3 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

I’m going to stay out of this thread, because I’ve seen the reaction when I post in the Astros thread, but as AD went was going to be how the Lakers went in this series.  If he goes off, it’s lights out.  If he doesn’t?  Trouble.   But the brow is fucking damn good.  Now, I will go.

Fuck the butthurt brigade

29 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

I’m going to stay out of this thread, because I’ve seen the reaction when I post in the Astros thread, but as AD went was going to be how the Lakers went in this series.  If he goes off, it’s lights out.  If he doesn’t?  Trouble.   But the brow is fucking damn good.  Now, I will go.

Please come back. Good things happen when you post here. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Damn, Tucker is amazingly quick for being 35 years old. 

I remember seeing him play a pick up game against VY while he was at Texas and marveled at his physicality. He was able to muscle around VY. More than his speed, I'm amazed at how scrappy and into players he gets, especially at 35.

Edited by BigXII

Looking back at RW's MVP season, the most incredible thing to see is that he made 200 3-pointers at 34.3% clip! The dude who hasn''t come anywhere close since. Is not like shooting % goes down with age, especially when he has all day to shot them now. What the hell changed?

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Good comeback in a game we could have lost by 30. This might go 7. If LA has someone shoot like marqueef every game we won’t win but after Lebron and AD they have a black hole on offense. Harden getting 12 shots all game can’t happen again though.

FIFY

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

when the Lakers switch to a zone, someone has to drive the lane besides Harden. And while passing along the perimeter can find the open man, you have to mix in a drive to the lane for an easy 2 from time to time. That will actually open up more open 3s.

Problem is our secondary ball handler trips over his own feet every single time he drives (or just outright hands it to any given opponent, or throws it into the stands).

41 minutes ago, BigXII said:

Problem is our secondary ball handler trips over his own feet every single time he drives (or just outright hands it to any given opponent, or throws it into the stands).

I hear ya. I'm not sure what the plan is or should be during Harden's two scheduled breaks. Does Rivers or Gordon take on the main ball handling?  Still I think westbrook just had a really bad night with handling and shooting. His offensive rebounds were great. He also had a few shots roll in and out which is bad luck. He and Tucker got into foul trouble that hurt both of their games on Sunday. 

And as much as Westbrook sucked, the bench was just as bad. House had 10+ but Green & Rivers had 0. 

On 9/6/2020 at 10:58 PM, Chapo said:

Looking back at RW's MVP season, the most incredible thing to see is that he made 200 3-pointers at 34.3% clip! The dude who hasn''t come anywhere close since. Is not like shooting % goes down with age, especially when he has all day to shot them now. What the hell changed?

Rhythm. Some players need to dominate the ball. Westbrook is one of those. Beard is too. Both on the same team.

On 9/6/2020 at 10:58 PM, Chapo said:

He also averaged 3 BPG that year.  2 vs his own teammates but still.