2019 - 2020 Houston Rockets Thread of Heroes Taking Shots

Slacks

On 9/6/2020 at 10:12 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

They had the Rockets at 60-65% chance of beating the Lakers before the series started, so taking Game 1 justifies taking the revised % to 84. This rating is also the player based ratings.

The Lakers, after LBJ and AD, are sub-par based on all measures so it's no surprise that they rank low. Would anyone besides Kuzma start for another playoff team right now?  How many would even see much playing time? I'm not such a homer that I think every Rocket is a potential HOFer but for playoff basketball, the Lakers current depth ends at 4. .

Say it again!

another 4q collapse. man thats tough.

Westbrook is like a hyperactive dud. they take harden out of the game by getting to him later in the shot clock with a double team. totally offs the rhythm of the rockets.

lakers guys like rondo which just massively helps in the playoffs. going to be hard to win this series. the only thing I can think of is getting Westbrook to start being more efficient in the mid game at the FT line. some type of space creator there and to save some of his juice on all these hyperactive drives the basket were he seems to turn it over way too many times

We should win one more game but that’s all I can see is winning. We fade away when it matters the most in the 4th. And if we do win it’s because hit a ton of threes and have started to pull away in the 4th but if it’s even close we won’t win against Lebron and AD. 

Lakers have also had different bench guys step up in both wins. Morris and rondo and then rondo and kuzma. 

I hate this system and want D’antoni gone but I have no idea who we will go get that can make this roster work.

We can’t have games where we only get 13 from EG and Tucker combined. I get it that when RW is shooting better, he might take away some of their shots, but then someone needs to take RW’s role of crashing the boards for an off rebound.

the lakers played about as well as they could and we could have won. The rockets are far from out of this series.

Missing House was huge.

4th quarter stretch of turnovers and Rondo did us in.  We were in that game the whole time, when it looked like it could've gotten out of hand with Lebron going crazy the way he did.

Gordon and Tucker going 3/12 combined can't happen.

Rivers and McLemore doing zilch in 20 min can't happen

So House missed because of personal reasons? He has covid? Has anything else leaked out? maybe a family member death? 

The hard part about EG or anyone else getting points is they have to be able to do it on under 10 attempts when the system is Harden and RW dominant and they take close to 50 shots combined. AD only took 13 shots last night. 

Fact is the only way we win this series or basically any series is to have a decent lead in the 4th, if it's close or we are down we won't win, especially against the lakers or Clippers.

48 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

So House missed because of personal reasons? He has covid? Has anything else leaked out? maybe a family member death? 

The hard part about EG or anyone else getting points is they have to be able to do it on under 10 attempts when the system is Harden and RW dominant and they take close to 50 shots combined. AD only took 13 shots last night. 

Fact is the only way we win this series or basically any series is to have a decent lead in the 4th, if it's close or we are down we won't win, especially against the lakers or Clippers.

The banter on twitter claims House was suspended for sneaking a girl who wasn't his girlfriend or wife to the bubble.  Random pussy in the bubble is a no-no.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/6/2020 at 11:12 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

They had the Rockets at 60-65% chance of beating the Lakers before the series started, so taking Game 1 justifies taking the revised % to 84. This rating is also the player based ratings.

The Lakers, after LBJ and AD, are sub-par based on all measures so it's no surprise that they rank low. Would anyone besides Kuzma start for another playoff team right now?  How many would even see much playing time? I'm not such a homer that I think every Rocket is a potential HOFer but for playoff basketball, the Lakers current depth ends at 4. 

2CC18882-7134-4A34-8F1D-5A2DACB5DAEB.jpeg

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Harden 1-7 just getting double teamed and getting pressured. This is why I would trade everyone for picks including harden and Westbrook and get some first rounders back then suck a couple of years and have your own lottery pick plus another first rounder and rebuild because we are never winning shit with harden. He has no fire to win a title. 

4 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

lol nice turnover harden. Does he know it’s the playoffs and can’t just dribble around to a step back 3 with half ass regular season defense? Lakers cranked up the heat and harden does his usual stay the same no matter what.

Big Game James never fails to show up when needed most.

Moreyball is not built to win a championship, unless you got a KD type. Harden and a bunch of dudes standing around waiting to shoot a 3 is too much. Then asking Tucker to 'play' center is insane and almost criminal.

5 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Honestly rockets need to fire d’antoni and Morey for a fresh start. We all know dantoni is gone but morey needs to go too. 

They will probably do this and they will get a lot worse. Enjoy being a top 6 or 8 squad because when Morey is gone you will never see it again with current ownership being such a clown show. 

2 hours ago, staboner said:

good is the enemy of great. ^ that's been my feelings with the Rockets for at least 5ish years now it seems.

They were the only squad to give the Death Star warriors a run before injuries got them against Toronto. 2018 was a legitimately great team that probably wins a title if healthy, or in a year without a historic rolling ball of butcher knives. But yeah- other than that one year you are right. 

10 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

They will probably do this and they will get a lot worse. Enjoy being a top 6 or 8 squad because when Morey is gone you will never see it again with current ownership being such a clown show. 

I agree with the owner part. I used to love morey but let’s not pretend he’s the only good gm out there. I’m sure we would continue to suck but I can’t watch this another 5-7 years and will take my chances. 

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

I agree with the owner part. I used to love morey but let’s not pretend he’s the only good gm out there. I’m sure we would continue to suck but I can’t watch this another 5-7 years and will take my chances. 

Sure. And none of those good gm’s will want to work for Tillman.