2019 - 2020 Houston Rockets Thread of Heroes Taking Shots

Slacks

You guys remember the Scottie Pippen trade? Man that was terrible. I know Pippen at his age is no Harden but still. What did we get in return? I think Walt Williams, Carlos Rogers, Kelvin Cato and 3 dudes we waived. Harden is better and I know we'll get a much better deal than that but this is what that feels like. Like we're getting ready for 5 years in the lottery. I hope I'm wrong. Feel free to quote reply in 6 months when we are in the playoffs and we can call laugh and enjoy about how wrong I was. Just doesn't feel like that's going to happen.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Pasken said:

You guys remember the Scottie Pippen trade? Man that was terrible. I know Pippen at his age is no Harden but still. What did we get in return? I think Walt Williams, Carlos Rogers, Kelvin Cato and 3 dudes we waived. Harden is better and I know we'll get a much better deal than that but this is what that feels like. Like we're getting ready for 5 years in the lottery. I hope I'm wrong. Feel free to quote reply in 6 months when we are in the playoffs and we can call laugh and enjoy about how wrong I was. Just doesn't feel like that's going to happen.

You’re also possibly putting your franchise in a bad position like Kawhi did to the spurs. I don’t want a bad attitude group of guys we end up trading anyways by mid season and get even less. There isnt a sure thing in any scenario. I know one thing for sure though and that’s we aren’t winning a title with James harden as the focal point. Any team that rebuilds has to go through a couple of seasons in the lottery. 

6 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

You’re also possibly putting your franchise in a bad position like Kawhi did to the spurs. I don’t want a bad attitude group of guys we end up trading anyways by mid season and get even less. There isnt a sure thing in any scenario. I know one thing for sure though and that’s we aren’t winning a title with James harden as the focal point. Any team that rebuilds has to go through a couple of seasons in the lottery. 

Will you be surprised if Harden wins a ring with Kyrie and Durant? KD would probably be the focal point in that scenario though. 

14 minutes ago, Pasken said:

Will you be surprised if Harden wins a ring with Kyrie and Durant? KD would probably be the focal point in that scenario though. 

Depends. Durant may be an okay leader. Kyrie is not. Who is going to keep Harden from the strip joints and the partying? I don't see anyone on that team telling Harden that he needs to focus and play defense.

Not really a rockets fan but i thought the conversation with Ryen Rusillo on the Pardon My Take podcast was pretty interesting talking about the nets/rockets and how that team would work and how harden has fucked the rockets over in this scenario. Starts at about the 79.5 minute mark of the podcast. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

This is correct.  Don't make it personal.  Learn from the Spurs enormous mistake and simply leverage the best deal possible.  I'll give Presti a lot of credit for doing this..... Now, he lost them in the first place, but he worked the problem and got tons of assets.  Take the best possible deal and use your leverage while you have it, because you won't in time...

Lulz, so we likely traded Ariza, #16, and $4.6M for a shit load of 2nds. But hey, Tillman saved nearly $7M and we can now spend the full MLE on a player that would essentially be Trevor Ariza.

After the Klay injury news today, Harden and Westbrook need to be traded as soon as possible. A freak injury and all their value is gone.

Edited by HtownHorn

8 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Lulz, so we likely traded Ariza, #16, and $4.6M for a shit load of 2nds. But hey, Tillman saved nearly $7M and we can now spend the full MLE on a player that would essentially be Trevor Ariza.

Did the Rockets hire Bill O'Brien?

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

And Presti will still never win a title. He can acquire picks, but he can't actually build a team.

He may never win a title, but he certainly had a squad with Westbrook, Durant, Harden, and Ibaka. His problem was that he had the likes of PJ Carlesimo and Scott Brooks coaching them.

• Hook 'Em 2

I doubt either of them get traded before the season starts. Especially Russ. His stock is so low now, they'd need to wait until he plays well in the regular season before teams get interested enough to make meaningful offers.

Harden just needs to accept that he's here for the foreseeable future. He has no leverage now that it's known he's interested in being moved. And it's the NBA. Players don't holdout due to the restrictions in their CBA 

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

Surely he has done some horrible stuff over the years. Just need that to come to light so he can get Donald Sterling'd.

Ballmer is a goofy bozo but I am at least envious the Clippers got out from under the albatross. Our time in prison just getting started.

Yessir.  I said it at the beginning of last year- the second Morey is gone this franchise implodes and is dogshit for the entirety of Tilman's tenure owning the team.  What you just witnessed was the Peak of the Tilman years owning this team.  Apex Tilman.  He's now moved from my second most hated fake Billionaire to my most hated fake Billionaire-  as my previously most hated fake Billionaire is now without a job and I no longer have to pay attention to him.  

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yessir.  I said it at the beginning of last year- the second Morey is gone this franchise implodes and is dogshit for the entirety of Tilman's tenure owning the team.  What you just witnessed was the Peak of the Tilman years owning this team.  Apex Tilman.  He's now moved from my second most hated fake Billionaire to my most hated fake Billionaire-  as my previously most hated fake Billionaire is now without a job and I no longer have to pay attention to him.  

I wonder how the last few years would have been different if Les wouldn't have cashed out. I don't blame him. He spent half a decade getting a new arena and didn't bolt town after the 1st vote failed. He also did a good job building the brand and putting a decent product on the floor outside 5 years in the early 2000s. It still shocks me that Thomas "Two Sandwiches" Hamilton made one of those teams.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/260389/Rockets-Have-Given-Up-Salvaging-Relationship-With-James-Harden-Wont-Be-Rushed-Into-Trade

Rockets Have Given Up Keeping James Harden, Will Be Patient With Trade

NOV 19, 2020 10:12 PM

The Houston Rockets have come to the realization that James Harden would like to move on from franchise and his mind is made up, but they are not preparing to rush into a trade to his preferred destination.

Houston previously has said they are "willing to get uncomfortable" with the Harden situation. 

"The sense I get from the Rockets is that their ambition, their goal, their hope is no longer about salvaging the relationship with James Harden and kind of getting him on board," said Tim MacMahon on the Brian Windhorst Podcast. "There's a realization, you know, his mind is made up. He wants out and there is a determination to say 'Okay, we get it. This happens in the NBA, but just because James Harden wants out doesn't mean he gets to dictate where and for what [he's traded].

"James Harden got to dictate the Russell Westbrook trade last summer. Tillman [Fertitta] liked it too at the time. Don't get me wrong. James Harden was the driving force behind that trade. That was no secret.

"Harden doesn't get to say where he's traded and basically force the Rockets to take a package that is 60 cents on the dollar for a perennial MVP candidate. I think what the Rockets are doing right now is they're prepping for the post-Harden rebuild."

MacMahon also reported what the Rockets are seeking for Harden.

"A package for Harden, and listen, this thing has accelerated a lot faster than I anticipated it would. These things are all fluid. We understand that. What the Rockets are saying is 'We need a young franchise cornerstone type of player and a Jrue Holiday-like package of picks. That's where conversations have to start.' And do you see a young franchise cornerstone caliber player on the Nets? Do you consider Caris LeVert either young or a franchise cornerstone?"

"Well, he's not Ben Simmons if that's your point," replied Brian Windhorst.

For the Russell Westbrook situation, there isn't a trade for them to make so they hope to keep him for now and he could possibly increase his trade value.

TIM MACMAHON/ESPN

TAGS: JAMES HARDEN, HOUSTON ROCKETS, PHILADELPHIA SIXERS, BROOKLYN NETS, NBA, NBA TRADE RUMOR, NBA MISC RUMOR