2019 - 2020 Houston Rockets Thread of Heroes Taking Shots

Slacks

18 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

NBA will probably apologize for not Counting Hardens bucket and nothing will be done to fix the reffing. The NBAs apologies continue to be hollow 

Of course. The two min reports were a fucking joke the past two years in those Rockets playoff games. They literally have a report that supposed to acknowledge mistakes and they use it to spin instead lulz

These gimmick defenses can limit Harden's points but they are really a terrible idea overall. Double teaming Harden every time he touches the ball past half court to concede wide open threes is not a sustainable plan. If I had to pick a gimmick to play against Harden, I'd do the complete opposite, play for the drive on every iso, and try to bait him into taking 40 step back 3s in a game.

2 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

What a fucking gut punch loss to the Kings

Just now, Tylerocks said:

Good Lord.

Good thing that the Athletic recently confirmed what we already knew that D'Antoni is a lame duck coach. Home losses to the Mavericks and the Kings are unacceptable (even though they are improved). This was supposed to be the year that the Rockets were truly contending for a title and looking like a lower seeded playoff team. 

3 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Good thing that the Athletic recently confirmed what we already knew that D'Antoni is a lame duck coach. Home losses to the Mavericks and the Kings are unacceptable (even though they are improved). This was supposed to be the year that the Rockets were truly contending for a title and looking like a lower seeded playoff team. 

Fire him now. Sick of his short rotations, lack of defense, no timeout and no coaching ass. Tilman was right not to extend him. 

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

51 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Not saying you shouldn't move on, but is it his fault Westbrook is a shell of himself?  Do you have someone, anyone, trying to fix his shot?

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Not saying you shouldn't move on, but is it his fault Westbrook is a shell of himself?  Do you have someone, anyone, trying to fix his shot?

He was decent tonight and the last game. He's been playing through injury - dislocated fingers on both hands. So maybe he's coming along and playing to his strengths. He's been quite helpful with rebounding. That being said, I am not sure if I would have traded for him because he required giving up too many assets. But since he's here, might as well root for his success.

42 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Gonna need to put together some solid win streaks and hope the three teams ahead of them fail gloriously, chooch.

At 15-8, the Rockets are on pace to win 53.5 games and have one of the easiest remaining schedules in the league. They are one game back in the loss column from the 3 teams ahead of them in the West. If the rest of the season plays out basically exactly as it has so far, the Rockets will finish right around 55 wins and the 2 seed.

9 hours ago, goatsaag said:

At 15-8, the Rockets are on pace to win 53.5 games and have one of the easiest remaining schedules in the league. They are one game back in the loss column from the 3 teams ahead of them in the West. If the rest of the season plays out basically exactly as it has so far, the Rockets will finish right around 55 wins and the 2 seed.

"One of the easiest" remaining 60 games?  How do you even quantify a statement like that?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, goatsaag said:

I would love to make any sort of wager the Rockets will not be the 2 seed this year. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Fire him now. Sick of his short rotations, lack of defense, no timeout and no coaching ass. Tilman was right not to extend him. 

the short rotations last playoffs were a deathblow. What a tard this coach.

I'd like to add that benching Melo was a fucking idiotic mistake. The dude is doing well with the Blazers and had a lot of gas in the tank last year.

57 minutes ago, NowThis said:

I'd like to add that benching Melo was a fucking idiotic mistake. The dude is doing well with the Blazers and had a lot of gas in the tank last year.

Wait, what?  Melo is still a net negative over replacement and drag on his team.  Maybe you can argue they didn't give him a fair chance before scuttling him, but from a purely on court basketball sense, he's showing he has next to nothing in the tank.  His FT shooting has bounced back in a SSS.

4 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Wait, what?  Melo is still a net negative over replacement and drag on his team.  Maybe you can argue they didn't give him a fair chance before scuttling him, but from a purely on court basketball sense, he's showing he has next to nothing in the tank.  His FT shooting has bounced back in a SSS.

he's getting 15.9 , 5.8 and 1.5 over 31.8 mins/gm with the Blaze. He starts in the NBA. He's doing well.  So wtf is the negativity? Franchises often make mistakes.

and we had this for a 35yo brotha.

Carmelo Anthony's tenure in Portland continues to be all rise. The freshly minted Trail Blazers star was named the Western Conference Player of the Week in the sixth week of the NBA season, averaging 22.3 points, 7.7 rebounds and 2.7 assists.Dec 2, 2019
Edited by NowThis

46 minutes ago, NowThis said:

he's getting 15.9 , 5.8 and 1.5 over 31.8 mins/gm with the Blaze. He starts in the NBA. He's doing well.  So wtf is the negativity? Franchises often make mistakes.

Carmelo Anthony's tenure in Portland continues to be all rise. The freshly minted Trail Blazers star was named the Western Conference Player of the Week in the sixth week of the NBA season, averaging 22.3 points, 7.7 rebounds and 2.7 assists.Dec 2, 2019

lol... how dumb do you have to be to think Player of the Week is any indication of a guy's ability to contribute to a contending team? 

I mean, I know you're like the new Rocko around the BB board, but Jesus dude, dial down the idiocy once in a while. 

1 hour ago, NowThis said:

I'll keep this short and simple considering, but.....

Rk Player Season Age G MP PER TS% 3PAr FTr ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG%   OWS DWS WS WS/48   OBPM DBPM BPM VORP
1 Carmelo Anthony 2019-20 35 10 318 11.4 .498 .265 .197 3.2 15.3 9.3 7.0 1.6 0.5 11.6 23.8   -0.2 0.2 0.0 .003   -3.1 -2.0 -5.1

So.... a PER of 11.4, TS% under .500, WS of 0.0, BPM of -5 and VORP of -0.3 is good?  He's just getting more minutes this year.... and doing the same shit with them.  He's not a good player thus far and quoting top line stats as proof is for small minds.  Now, he's had 3-4 solid to really good games (couple stellar games vs Chicago) and he seems to be a barometer for Portland but think about how bad he is on nights he's not doing well to put up stats like this.  I don't think the Rox are really regretting cutting him.  He's too ball dominant for a Harden led team.  

yeah, POTW is for shit players! lolz.  Rockets were stupid to bench him, along with cutting the playoff rotation. If anyone thinks the Rox braintrust is the measure of good, they are the true bozos. Top line stats matter just as much as any other stat, probably more. As for being too ball dominant for Harden, he's still an improvement over Trainwreck in that area. Do any of you actually watch the games?

yeah, POTW is for shit players! lolz.  Rockets were stupid to bench him, along with cutting the playoff rotation. If anyone thinks the Rox braintrust is the measure of good, they are the true bozos. Top line stats matter just as much as any other stat, probably more. As for being too ball dominant for Harden, he's still an improvement over Trainwreck in that area. Do any of you actually watch the games?

Now this has gone from the ridiculous to the sublime, this trolling.

PPG over PER?

Now I’ve seen everything.

14 hours ago, goatsaag said:

By checking the records of the teams remaining on the schedule? Pretty simple stuff. http://www.tankathon.com/remaining_schedule_strength is a nice place to check.

Yeah, but that would be ever evolving.  Nobody gives a shit about strength of schedule with 60 games left.  You're talking a bout a less than 5% difference from the "hardest" remaining schedule to the Rockets remaining schedule ranked 28.

In 2 weeks/a month that "ranking" will be completely different.

back to back 50+ point games with 10 made threes and only averaged 5.5 FFA/game for harden and all you hear are dipshits shitting on him.

averaging 39.3 ppg on 45/36/88 splits + 7.5 apg, 6 rpg and 2 steals/game and people act like it's no big deal.

Edited by BigOrange1

oh please.  harden is not the most unlikable player in the league.  i know the warriors are not on everyone's mind this year, but draymond green is easily the most unlikable player in the league.  westbrook is much more unlikable than harden and plays a much uglier game.  anthony davis basically quit last season and forced a trade to team up with lebron -- and lebron and his team have orchestrated all kinds of unlikable shit throughout the years.  kawhi quit on san antonio, durant joined a 73 win team, etc, etc.

You're a Houston fan so you don't see it.  I don't hate him at all, hell my favorite player right now(Luka) is constantly compared to him, but I can definitely see why people don't enjoy his style of play or the way he goes about things, and the fact he gets so many FT's every game.  I hear the same complaints about Luka.