2019 - 2020 Houston Rockets Thread of Heroes Taking Shots

Slacks

16 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Damn - Kobe's death makes this game (Nuggets v. Rockets) - starting in a few minutes - a tough one to watch. RIP Kobe.

The game has been canceled as all NBA games have today.

EDIT: Never mind, maybe the games are being played today - which makes no sense.

Edited by UDontKnow

1 minute ago, Dr Fear said:
13 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:
The game has been canceled as all NBA games have today.
EDIT: Never mind, maybe the games are being played today - which makes no sense.

I read they were canceled but the Rockets had already started?

No clue. The game started less than 5 minutes ago....so maybe games are not being canceled.

Great win Rockets. Utah's 3 point shooting was atrocious, but one hell of a game by Gordon and the rest of the Rockets available tonight. Utah is finally getting into the tougher part of its schedule. They should fall off, but still a good playoff team. 

Edited by washparkhorn

43 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

I saw those 14 points the Rockets were getting, knowing it was due to who was likely out, and it still seemed like way too much.  Should have hit that. 

Speaking of that, how the fuck do the Rockets attempt 49 free throws - without their stars playing - IN UTAH??? Donaghy-esque.

and Gordon follows up his career night with a clunker. Somehow Capela, the 3rd best player on the team, gets 17 minutes I guess his heal was hurt again. Neither Chandler or Hartenstein got a minute while the team was out rebounded by 11. D'Antoni is lost, and his team is heading down the drain.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Pimphand said:

It just sucks that Tillman Fertitia seems like the Dan Snyder of the NBA. We are probably fucked for a long long time

That was apparent when we resigned Paul which lead to trading for Westbrook and then giving Gordon that ridiculous extension instead of letting him walk.

Edited by HtownHorn

6 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

That was apparent when we resigned Paul which lead to trading for Westbrook and then giving Gordon that ridiculous extension instead of letting him walk.

Fertitta is meaningless. Moreyball calls the shots, and I have to say, getting two league MVPs is great. The game is a fucking joke, may as well get the biggest clown out there with Russell and make it fun.

We all know the Lakers are gonna win it all.

On 1/31/2020 at 2:49 PM, HtownHorn said:

tbf, Morey has been a really good coach for Westbrook.

in his last 22 games, WB is averaging 31pts/8reb/7ast on 57% TS. Not taking as many three-pointers has really improved his game.

54 minutes ago, satyanash said:

tbf, Morey has been a really good coach for Westbrook.

in his last 22 games, WB is averaging 31pts/8reb/7ast on 57% TS. Not taking as many three-pointers has really improved his game.

Well DAntoni but yeah. It's really probably Harden. Everyone says he's not a leader but I think he is absolutely been great this year. He talks guys off the ledge when they get mad. He doesn't do stupid shit and get T'ed up. He doesn't bitch to the refs too much he just takes them aside and has long conversations about shit lol. 

He's definitely got Westbrook's respect. I think after running off Durant and Paul boyGeorge he is starting to figure out how to maximize his skills. 

He's the perfect addition to this team, 3 point snipers, small ball, taking chances. We used to always drain the shot clock but now we got a one man fast break all the time when he's out there. The dude has an elite motor to go along with his athleticism. It's crazy watching him out there making NBA players look stuck in sand when he's gliding to the rim.

He's always been a great passer, now he just takes it to the rack when they sag on the 3 point line and create for Capella or PJ in the corner. The two man game with him and Harden is just nuts.

Anyway hope the Rockets get to the WCF before getting beat by the Lakers this year.

10 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

You really think this guy lets some nerd GM call the shots?

spacer.png

Yeah I think he demands changes and results but doesn't know jack shit about basketball. 

Just like his brothers with Zuffa (UFC), they just let Dana run that shit.

As a Nuggets fan, we would love to see Houston ship Caplela out East. Clint dominates Denver.

I would love to see him on Denver, but I don't think the Western Conference frontrunners will trade with one another.

Not saying it would be a bad move for Houston - it may be the best trade option for Houston. He is valuable in the League. 

Well DAntoni but yeah. It's really probably Harden. Everyone says he's not a leader but I think he is absolutely been great this year. He talks guys off the ledge when they get mad. He doesn't do stupid shit and get T'ed up. He doesn't bitch to the refs too much he just takes them aside and has long conversations about shit lol. 
He's definitely got Westbrook's respect. I think after running off Durant and Paul boyGeorge he is starting to figure out how to maximize his skills. 
He's the perfect addition to this team, 3 point snipers, small ball, taking chances. We used to always drain the shot clock but now we got a one man fast break all the time when he's out there. The dude has an elite motor to go along with his athleticism. It's crazy watching him out there making NBA players look stuck in sand when he's gliding to the rim.
He's always been a great passer, now he just takes it to the rack when they sag on the 3 point line and create for Capella or PJ in the corner. The two man game with him and Harden is just nuts.
Anyway hope the Rockets get to the WCF before getting beat by the Lakers this year.
I was explaining Kool-aid to my 11yo this morning.

After reading this post, he's going to be confused. He thinks koolaid is a sugary drink.

https://www.celticsblog.com/2020/2/3/21121000/report-boston-celtics-interested-in-trade-for-clint-capela-houston-rockets-nba-trade-deadline-rumors

In order to trade for Capela, the Celtics would have to match $14.9M in salary. That means Boston would have to send out approximately $10 million in salary. That makes it a tough match for the Celtics without trading at least one or two key rotation players like Daniel Theis ($5M) or Enes Kanter ($4.8M). Boston could also go the multiple players for one route and attempt to cobble together enough salary with players on smaller deals like Vincent Poirier ($2.5M), Romeo Langford ($3.4M) and several other players making near the minimum.

Boston and Houston could also involve other teams in the trade, but that wouldn’t remove the Celtics need to send out at least $10 million in salary to acquire Capela.

The Rockets' primary goal seems to be to collect assets in the form of draft picks to be used in subsequent deals according to Wojnarowski

The Celtics have two extra first round picks coming their way from the Memphis Grizzlies (top-6 protected this season, unprotected in 2021) and the Milwaukee Bucks (top-7 protected this season, unprotected in 2021). Boston also owns all of their own future first round picks.

59 minutes ago, Jim Tressell’s Vest said:

What are everyone's thoughts on Clint Capela? I don't think he is even a top 15 center in the league

He's not, but he's a good compliment to James and Russ. He got way over paid but he was stacking easy stats on lobs. We have literally nobody else at center. 

2 hours ago, Snacks said:

I was explaining Kool-aid to my 11yo this morning.

After reading this post, he's going to be confused. He thinks koolaid is a sugary drink.

Oh, I meant "Westbrook good until play bad."

4 hours ago, Jim Tressell’s Vest said:

What are everyone's thoughts on Clint Capela? I don't think he is even a top 15 center in the league

I'm very curious to hear what 15 centers you think are better than Capela. He's a good center and when he's healthy, he's exactly what the Rockets need for 30 minutes or so a game from the center position. He's also on a contract that pays him essentially what he is worth.

12 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

that's the dumbest fucking thing i've read on this board.

Really? I think a pretty easy argument can be made that he's not top ten. Not a stretch at all to put it at fifteen. He's not top ten C in WS/48, or to 15 in BPM or VORP per https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2020_advanced.html

Drummond, Whiteside, Adams, Howard, Gobert, KAT, Jokic, Embiid, Vucevic, Lopez, are the easy 10. I'd argue Jarrett Allen, Sabonis, and probably still Marc Gasol. If you give me AD and LMA at the 5 spot that's your 15. Statistically, Capela is equivalent to Zubac this year.

G 	MP 	PER 	TS% 	3PAr 	FTr 	ORB% 	DRB% 	TRB% 	AST% 	STL% 	BLK% 	TOV% 	USG% 	  	OWS 	DWS 	WS 	WS/48 	  	OBPM 	DBPM 	BPM 	VORP

49	868	20.7	.617	.007	.400	15.7	25.2	20.5	8.4	0.5	4.8	11.7	17.1		2.5	1.5	3.9	.218		0.5	2.4	2.9	1.1
39	1279	20.7	.626	.000	.268	13.6	30.0	21.7	5.6	1.2	4.8	12.7	15.9		2.9	2.1	5.0	.187		-0.9	2.4	1.5	1.1

This is not the same as arguing all those guys are better fits for this Rockets team than Capela is.