2019 - 2020 Houston Rockets Thread of Heroes Taking Shots

Slacks

Clippers winning this game is probably the best scenario for the Rockets seeding wise. The Clippers aren't catching the Lakers so a tie with them is going are way since we would be the division champ and the Nuggets have a 6 game lead in the loss column for conference W/L. 

Edited by HtownHorn

21 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Brian T. Smith had a good article about how the Rockets can save Houston sports this season. I have never been as disconnected from Houston sports teams as I have been these past couple of months. The Texans playoff loss, buttchin consolidating even more power and the Astros sign stealing bs and the incessant blathering about it really have been a huge downer.  I usually listen to Houston sports talk all day long but haven't these past several weeks. The Rockets playing a lot better has started to wake me up from the doldrums. Love how Westbrook has adapted his game. The Rockets were awful to watch the first 2 months of the season. Been very pleasantly surprised at how good a fit Covington has been. Keep it up Rockets.

Fuck Houston, fuck the Texans, but really Fuck MLB and espin for repeating this "cheating" garbage. 

Rockets will be knocked off by the Lakers because it's LeBron's storyline with Kobe passing the league want in the finals.

nah, fuck Harden for that. How is he going to say the guy with a legit argument for DPOY and a top 5 offensive game is unskilled? Wake me up when that dickhead learns to play ANY defense. He does exactly one thing on the court. He's absolutely elite at that one thing, but he's hardly a well rounded basketball player who can go around criticizing one of the most multidimensional talents in the game right now.

• Fuck You 4

He does one thing on the court is maybe a dumber argument than The Freak is unskilled. 

Harden is the best 2 guard in the game since Kobe and plays as a top 3 pg in the NBA when asked to handle both roles. 

No one fears the Bucks like they did the warriors and the title is probably decided by the WCF

Edited by ChickenSandwich

57 minutes ago, Llogg said:

nah, fuck Harden for that. How is he going to say the guy with a legit argument for DPOY and a top 5 offensive game is unskilled? Wake me up when that dickhead learns to play ANY defense. He does exactly one thing on the court. He's absolutely elite at that one thing, but he's hardly a well rounded basketball player who can go around criticizing one of the most multidimensional talents in the game right now.

even if this wasn't just wrong, it's beside the point.  freak took a shot at harden during the all star draft and then another after the game saying their 4th quarter offensive strategy strategy was just to go at harden (how'd that work out?).  its nice to see harden stand up for himself because we all know the national narrative surrounding him.  freak is the golden boy and can do no wrong.  fuck him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Llogg said:

What's his defensive BPM and defensive win shares per 48?

Not going to try to hold your hand through some explanation. If you’re genuinely interested, there’s literally a mountain of articles to read about it by people who can break it down for you. He has quietly become a great defender.

lol, sure. One, he does nothing quietly. Two, he's not a top 20 defender in any reasonable estimation. Three, he may have become an adequate defender when he puts forth effort, but the camera doesn't lie. He does not put forth great effort on defense in anything approaching a consistent basis. I think he's an obnoxious person but a great offensive player. I just find it ridiculous that he's calling out the best multitool player in the game right now for being one dimensional.

Edited by Llogg
too harsh
  • Fuck You 1

It's been fascinating watching the Rockets' small-ball experiment the last few games. The most interesting thing has been seeing Westbrook and Harden, two guys who were traditionally considered defensive liabilities, transforming into lockdown defenders when the chips are down.

Also Russell Westbrook, holy cow. 41pts/8reb/5ast on 59/50/67 shooting splits O_O

20 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

That play alone caused OT. What a time to lose one's senses.

He walks the ball into the front court way too much just beating the 8 second call. Shit, even a 8 second call there likely would have allowed the Rockets to win in regulation.

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Glad you Houston guys who used to make fun of WB appreciate him now.  

He's always been appreciated for what he could do on the court with the ball in his hands.  IMHO, the issue we all had with WB is that over a 4-5 year period when there was 2 minutes or less in a game he would keep the ball in his hands instead of deferring to Durant.  We can all fundamentally agree that he should have deferred to Durant more even though Durant might not have been as Alpha about it like Kobe or MJ would have been.  We can also fundamentally agree that he doesn't have to defer as much to Harden even though harden has been exceptional the last few years because when it's clutch time you could go with WB or Harden I think.  

18 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Never mind he's a different player than he was in OKC.

16 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

amazing how many people fail to see that.

JFC.  Relax.  I’m legit happy he’s getting the respect he deserves.  You guys and your Houston vs The World shit.  Jesus 

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

JFC.  Relax.  I’m legit happy he’s getting the respect he deserves.  You guys and your Houston vs The World shit.  Jesus 

What do you expect?  You come into a thread for Rocket fans and talk shit and expect us to eat it?   Go talk all the smack you want in the general NBA thread. 

• Like 1

Just now, TonyTexas said:

What do you expect?  You come into a thread for Rocket fans and talk shit and expect us to eat it?   Go talk all the smack you want in the general NBA thread. 

I’m an ouSucks fan.  Pretty sure I don’t go around talking random shit or I wouldn’t be here.  Is this a safe space?  Did u read what I wrote?  That was inflammatory?  Cool

9 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Take you stupidity back the CR where your retarded posts are given daily fellatio from Hugo Stiglitz. I have never had a desire to venture into a Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Spurs, or Thunder season thread. Maybe you should follow.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Take you stupidity back the CR where your retarded posts are given daily fellatio from Hugo Stiglitz. I have never had a desire to venture into a Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Spurs, or Thunder season thread. Maybe you should follow.

Ok you fucking dipshit.  Let me help you.  Click on my name and look who repped me.  Hugo?  Once a month?  Fuck you, bitch.  

If this doesn't get you excited for this team, I don't know what will. I have to say, I was not a happy fan after the CP3/Russ trade, and didn't think it would do anything to help this team get past the 2nd round, but after the Capela for Roco trade, I'm thinking they might have a chance. This team is completely different, and destroying teams that play with traditional centers. It's only like 9 games since the trade, but I have more hope for this team now than I have had all year. Westbrook is like a different player now that he's in a new system that plays to his strengths. The rest of the season is gonna be a wild ride and a lot of fun!

• Like 2