2019 - 2020 Houston Rockets Thread of Heroes Taking Shots

Slacks

2 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Close.  His feet were out of bounds when he jumped, so the clock is dead as soon as he touches the ball.  But I wasn't saying the call was wrong.  I was saying they only got it right because it benefitted OKC.

Harden was also out of bounds, had he touched it first, it would have been OKC ball on that end with 2 seconds left. 

OKC was a bad matchup. Lakers without Avery Bradley don’t have the defensive bodies to throw at Harden and Westbrook 24/7. Rondo? Kuzma? JR? Waiters? Danny Green? LBJ and AD have to carry the offensive load so they aren’t really reliable. PJ Tucker needs to spend some time brushing up his corner threes. It’s been a rough couple games. Covington and Jeff Green are pretty impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

PJ is fine. Doing other shit and still grabbing 10 boards. 

More significantly, he made AD miserable all night. While Gordon and Westbrook were slaughtering Kyle Kuzma, he was pestering Davis constantly.

Anyone else remember this tweet?

Edited by satyanash
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

It will be interesting to see how the Lakers adjust, because outside of a brief sequence where they went to Davis 3 or 4 possessions in a row, it was hard to even tell what the fuck their offensive strategy was.  Lot of standing around.  Lot of floaters, off-balance drives, and low percentage shots. 

I'm sure they're capable of winning the series, but that was a pitiful second-round showing from a 1-seed.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Paul Wesley said:

It will be interesting to see how the Lakers adjust, because outside of a brief sequence where they went to Davis 3 or 4 possessions in a row, it was hard to even tell what the fuck their offensive strategy was.  Lot of standing around.  Lot of floaters, off-balance drives, and low percentage shots. 

I'm sure they're capable of winning the series, but that was a pitiful second-round showing from a 1-seed.

7 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

LeBron and Davis will plow straight to the rim err free throw line all next game. The whistle will be quick. They will all be blocking calls 

yes to above. Game 2 will be different. I also assume we will see more of Rondo. Last night was strange in that LeBron seemed disengaged much of the game. The Rockets need to assume that the AD and LeBron will be more physical to the rim, so flip that around by working to get them in foul trouble. 

The Rockets hit on every cylinder yesterday. We can't expect that every game.

26 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

yes to above. Game 2 will be different. I also assume we will see more of Rondo. Last night was strange in that LeBron seemed disengaged much of the game. The Rockets need to assume that the AD and LeBron will be more physical to the rim, so flip that around by working to get them in foul trouble. 

The Rockets hit on every cylinder yesterday. We can't expect that every game.

They missed a lot of open 3’s especially corner ones. That could improve. 

2 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

84% chance at conference finals after one fucking game??? No fucking way...

They had the Rockets at 60-65% chance of beating the Lakers before the series started, so taking Game 1 justifies taking the revised % to 84. This rating is also the player based ratings.

The Lakers, after LBJ and AD, are sub-par based on all measures so it's no surprise that they rank low. Would anyone besides Kuzma start for another playoff team right now?  How many would even see much playing time? I'm not such a homer that I think every Rocket is a potential HOFer but for playoff basketball, the Lakers current depth ends at 4. 

51 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

In a 7 game series?  I don’t know. Doesn’t seem completely unjustified to me. You’ve now won 25% of the games you need to win. 

Is this based on their normal playoff formula which gives a lot of weight of home court advantage?

10 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

They had the Rockets at 60-65% chance of beating the Lakers before the series started, so taking Game 1 justifies taking the revised % to 84. This rating is also the player based ratings.

The Lakers, after LBJ and AD, are sub-par based on all measures so it's no surprise that they rank low. Would anyone besides Kuzma start for another playoff team right now?  How many would even see much playing time? I'm not such a homer that I think every Rocket is a potential HOFer but for playoff basketball, the Lakers current depth ends at 4. 

8 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

In a 7 game series?  I don’t know. Doesn’t seem completely unjustified to me. You’ve now won 25% of the games you need to win. 

45 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Houston is probably the worst match-up in the league for the Lakers.

Edited by Pimphand

17 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

AD is just killing us.

I’m going to stay out of this thread, because I’ve seen the reaction when I post in the Astros thread, but as AD went was going to be how the Lakers went in this series.  If he goes off, it’s lights out.  If he doesn’t?  Trouble.   But the brow is fucking damn good.  Now, I will go.