2019 - 2020 Houston Rockets Thread of Heroes Taking Shots

Slacks

4 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

westbrook

harden

gordon

tucker

capela

austin rivers, danuel house, thabo sefolosha and tyson chandler will get most of the rotational minutes.  gerald green too when he returns from his broken foot.

That is a pretty short lineup.

Since San Antonio is going to suck, they should just give us Aldridge. Then San Antonio has someone to root for with Tucker and Aldridge on the same team. And it gives the Rockets a lot of flexibility with Gordon and Iguodala coming off the bench.

On 10/11/2019 at 4:57 PM, aggie08 said:

Uh, that was pretty much Kerr's initial comment verbatimthat then got torn apart and roasted, leading to this recent "clarification" and misdirection.

Honestly, at this point, there's no response to China questions that are going to appease the masses AND keep you from becoming a target of the Chinese government (and your bosses for jeopardizing their cash cow).

But playing the "we do bad shit too" card was an unfathomably terrible choice from someone whose own father was assassinated during another country's civil war.

The problem is Kerr's previous woke statements on all things Trump and US politics means any benign  statement on China was going to get criticism. You can't be woke when it suits you the most and not get blamed for being a hypocritical prick.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

The problem is Kerr's previous woke statements on all things Trump and US politics means any benign  statement on China was going to get criticism. You can't be woke when it suits you the most and not get blamed for being a hypocritical prick.

He's a hypocritical prick

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Only one of those situations he has an obligation to speak out about,  the other would make him a human rights activist and not an NBA coach

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

lulz.

Knight is such a water carrier for his side.  

I have had the same opinion from the beginning.  Players and coaches should not engage in politics at all while on the clock or in uniform.  Doesn’t matter if it’s a position I like or dislike.  

90 percent of those supporting the nfl kneelers would stop immediately if a bunch of pro life Christian players started kneeling or taking some other political stance while in uniform to protest the half a million or so unborn that are aborted in our country every year.  

And 90 percent of those who detest the kneelers would be proclaiming “free speech” in support of kneelers against abortion.  

Fucking idiots.  The lot of them.  Sports should be one thing in life you can go enjoy without having to endure political bullshit.  Lord knows we get enough politics these days with social media, Hollywood, am radio and the 24 hour news channels.  

• Like 4

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

All these guys have a huge china dolla bills dick up the a$$. They only talk about what fits their agenda at the moment then move the goal posts to fit the next agenda. Everyone does it. Every political party does it. 

Yep.  Very few have principles.  It’s for money, power or both.  

On 10/15/2019 at 9:15 AM, Johnny Sack said:

I have had the same opinion from the beginning.  Players and coaches should not engage in politics at all while on the clock or in uniform.  Doesn’t matter if it’s a position I like or dislike.  

What characteristic of somebody's profession dictates when and where they can engage in politics?

1 hour ago, pacman said:

What characteristic of somebody's profession dictates when and where they can engage in politics?

What professions are out there that allow employees to take political stands on the clock that piss off half their customers?

do you have a job?  Do you preach politics to your customers or clients?

I don’t understand why this is so complicated.  When you are at work, stfu and work while staying out of politics.  When you’re not, tweet your little heart away.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

do you have a job?  Do you preach politics to your customers or clients?

My job requirements and an athletes aren't the same. It's irrelevant what I can and can not do at my job.

I am unaware of any private job, including mine, that sings the national anthem and stands at attention for the flag every work day. Does yours?

Do you have press conferences before and after work with political question prompts from reporters?

Preach is too strong a word for somebody kneeling during an anthem or responding to questions from reporters.

I don’t understand why this is so complicated.  When you are at work, stfu and work while staying out of politics.  When you’re not, tweet your little heart away.  

It is apparently quite complicated, as it is an unresolved discussion with no clear answer. American corporations have many more employees who tweet politics on company time than the NFL/NBA, etc, that I guarantee. It's just nobody cares because they aren't professional athletes.

What professions are out there that allow employees to take political stands on the clock that piss off half their customers?

You mean, besides American sports franchises who clearly allow it more often than not? What other professions allow or disallow is rather irrelevant, as each industry is unique.

Half their customers? lol a few rednecks isn't half the fan base of the NFL

Sports fans like you give these athletes the power and the forum. Fans make them public figures. Fans demand public access to their private lives.

You don't like it, walk away.

You know, protest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacman said:

My job requirements and an athletes aren't the same. It's irrelevant what I can and can not do at my job.

I am unaware of any private job, including mine, that sings the national anthem and stands at attention for the flag every work day. Does yours?

Do you have press conferences before and after work with political question prompts from reporters?

Preach is too strong a word for somebody kneeling during an anthem or responding to questions from reporters.

It is apparently quite complicated, as it is an unresolved discussion with no clear answer. American corporations have many more employees who tweet politics on company time than the NFL/NBA, etc, that I guarantee. It's just nobody cares because they aren't professional athletes.

You mean, besides American sports franchises who clearly allow it more often than not? What other professions allow or disallow is rather irrelevant, as each industry is unique.

Half their customers? lol a few rednecks isn't half the fan base of the NFL

Sports fans like you give these athletes the power and the forum. Fans make them public figures. Fans demand public access to their private lives.

You don't like it, walk away.

You know, protest.

Yeah it is just a few rednecks, dumb fuck

spacer.png

Politics should stay out of sports.  Qing James is learning the hard way.  

• Like 2

A +/- of -26 has me giddy for the possibilities. Can’t wait to see how low he can go this season.

I was hoping I’d have talked myself into liking/tolerating this move by this point in the preseason, but I still cringe picturing what the season holds in store.

I dunno, maybe I'm just a sunshine pumper. But I'm not too concerned about these preseason games where they are still trying to figure things out. Honestly, I expect us to be in the playoff hunt at the holidays, but not really have things firing on all cylinders until after the all star break. Then we get into the top four seeds, have home court in the first round, and take on one of the LA teams in the second round. By then, we are good enough to go all the way if everything falls right.

22 hours ago, NowThis said:

8 Turnovers for Trainwreck tonight. The idiot is uncoachable and will drag Harden into the abyss, not to mention our beloved franchise. The Rockets are absolutely f'd.

Maybe that's the point, Morey figured out these last two years the league is a fucking joke. He's just throwing the biggest clownshow out there now.

I dunno, maybe I'm just a sunshine pumper. But I'm not too concerned about these preseason games where they are still trying to figure things out. Honestly, I expect us to be in the playoff hunt at the holidays, but not really have things firing on all cylinders until after the all star break. Then we get into the top four seeds, have home court in the first round, and take on one of the LA teams in the second round. By then, we are good enough to go all the way if everything falls right.

The Rockets were not winning a championship with Mike D and Big Game James. Adding Russ just makes it more official. Enjoy the regular season, the playoffs will be another disappearing act.

On 10/23/2019 at 4:49 PM, BigOrange1 said:

538 projects the rockets to have the best record in the league and also has them as the most likely team to win the title:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-nba-predictions/

After this Astros disaster I will take it for now. So far they are playing Milwaukee well and I honestly thought Milwaukee would give them fits. Cautiously optimistic

On 10/23/2019 at 4:49 PM, BigOrange1 said:

538 projects the rockets to have the best record in the league and also has them as the most likely team to win the title:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-nba-predictions/

the 2 teams on the floor right now will not win it.  Trainwreck is this team, he will have more turnovers per game than made FTs.

Edited by NowThis