2019 - 2020 Houston Rockets Thread of Heroes Taking Shots

Slacks

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

This isn't a reaction to 3 games. It's the continuing trend from the past 4 seasons. Gordon was abysmal last night and got 37 minutes. There isn't another guard on the entire roster that could maybe make 2-6 on 3's, because that would have been a marked improvement over the bricklayer.

It's truly amazing how hard that is to understand when discussing Mad Mike. He is who he is. 3 games or 73 games, his roster use sucks.

3 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

Lol  3 games in and you guys are analyzing rotations.

10 players have played in all 3 games.

Relax.

I imagine when there is a chance to play the bench guys extended minutes, it will happen.

Last night, who would you have preferred to get more minutes?

D'Antoni has always sucked at rotation management and his teams have worn down every single time. How many times has he made it to the NBA Finals?

10 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

How will the Rockets pull that off without trading someone? Eric Gordon has to go for that to be remotely possible.

sign Faried! - but NT , he doesn't play D.  Guess what? no one plays D.  We need bench scoring & rebounding. Chandler and Nene won't do it . Once we get Green back in 6 months, it will improve the situation with Ryan Anderson and SeboTeoloashpah.  Green is better than either.

17 minutes ago, NowThis said:

sign Faried! - but NT , he doesn't play D.  Guess what? no one plays D.  We need bench scoring & rebounding. Chandler and Nene won't do it . Once we get Green back in 6 months, it will improve the situation with Ryan Anderson and SeboTeoloashpah.  Green is better than either.

Green won’t be back this season

On 10/30/2019 at 10:30 AM, ChickenSandwich said:

I have a feeling Morey will Chase Kevin Love mid season if he stays healthy. 

Yeah I know I'm dreaming but I would love to get Aldridge and Iggy. We could win a championship with that. Have Iggy and Tucker alternate at SF and Aldridge and Tucker alternate at PF. Give Iggy a little time at shooting guard also. Unfortunately, I think the staff would prefer Love over Aldridge if given the choice.

Eric Gordon has been really bad so far. When he was on a 14m expiring deal, he looked like a great asset, now he's on a 5 year 90m deal. No way anyone takes that unless he's playing amazing, and even then that's a lot to try and swallow for a guy who isn't an all-star.  

Westbrook seems to be fitting in better than I expected, but the team defense is pretty bad. Hopefully they can just outscore most opponents, which shouldn't be too much of a problem with KD out of the picture.

The Clippers look legit without PG, so when he comes back, I expect the league to be in the same position it was when the stacked Warriors were around the last few years. I doubt anyone will take them in 7 if they are full strength, but the Rockets can try their best. We'll see, but so far things are looking pretty good. 

10 hours ago, Bevo said:

Yeah I know I'm dreaming but I would love to get Aldridge and Iggy. We could win a championship with that. Have Iggy and Tucker alternate at SF and Aldridge and Tucker alternate at PF. Give Iggy a little time at shooting guard also. Unfortunately, I think the staff would prefer Love over Aldridge if given the choice.

u srs clark? Love is the far superior player at this point in their careers.

1 minute ago, Zavala said:

This sport is unwatchable, I'd rather watch Navy UConn on the second screen beside the Stars.

then why watch it and then post about it?  I don't watch soccer and won't post about it constantly on soccer threads.

btw, Harden is shooting about 21% from 3 this year.

18 minutes ago, NowThis said:

then why watch it and then post about it?  I don't watch soccer and won't post about it constantly on soccer threads.

btw, Harden is shooting about 21% from 3 this year.

I'll stop and wait until playoffs lol, they seemed to have taken on Morey's attitude of "fuck it" after these last two years losing to the golden boys. Westbrook is the perfect addition

24 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Maybe Harden shouldn't have spent his offseason working on that one legged 3 pointer that he will hardly use this season

He’s actually killing the offense. Need to put him back at the two full time. Won’t matter. The role players have gone down in quality each year and it shows. 

11 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

Eric Gordon has been really bad so far. When he was on a 14m expiring deal, he looked like a great asset, now he's on a 5 year 90m deal. No way anyone takes that unless he's playing amazing, and even then that's a lot to try and swallow for a guy who isn't an all-star.  

Westbrook seems to be fitting in better than I expected, but the team defense is pretty bad. Hopefully they can just outscore most opponents, which shouldn't be too much of a problem with KD out of the picture.

The Clippers look legit without PG, so when he comes back, I expect the league to be in the same position it was when the stacked Warriors were around the last few years. I doubt anyone will take them in 7 if they are full strength, but the Rockets can try their best. We'll see, but so far things are looking pretty good. 

The bolded portions aged well in 11 hours.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Well my expectations for this team is to win 48 games. Hopefully that will be enough to remove the D'Antoni virus but I still lack hope even if we had an awesome coach going forward.

I think they'll still get into the 50s, just like the Texans will probably get to 9-7 or even 10-6.  Good enough to make the playoffs and get extensions for coaches and not good enough to have much hope of a deep run.  Meh.

11 hours ago, TexArcher said:

I think they'll still get into the 50s, just like the Texans will probably get to 9-7 or even 10-6.  Good enough to make the playoffs and get extensions for coaches and not good enough to have much hope of a deep run.  Meh.

I wish H-town had a coach I really like. Shit I wish the Longhorns had a coach I really like. Fuuuuck.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2019 at 8:27 PM, Llogg said:

u srs clark? Love is the far superior player at this point in their careers.

I am sure the coaches are looking for spot up three point shooters, but I would want someone who can play help defense when Harden's man drives to the bucket, can get rebounds and can run the floor.

1 hour ago, Llogg said:

okay, but how does that apply to LMA?

Well, I don't know if he can still do it, but he use to be the kind of guy who was tall and athletic and could defend and get rebounds while still being able to hit midrange jumpers. Nothing against Kevin Love as a player, but I don't think he would be the missing piece and compliment the current Rockets roster. Although, he would do a pretty decent job of playing center in crunch time and at forward he can hit spot up threes and help open up the floor.

I congratulate the Rockets for putting the 2019-20 season to the torch a mere 6 games in. Westbrook is sitting at a smooth -46

So far the 3 wins have been over the Pelicans at home missing two of their best players and we still had to sweat at the end to close it out. Against Westbrook's former club at home where they intentionally blew the season up hoarding draft picks, and a freaky game against the Wizards in DC where Harden got to shoot 22 free throws and we barely won the no defense bowl by one point.

I think my 48 projection may have been optimistic

• Like 1