? About Overall Tractor Height (w/ ROPS).

When looking @ this Kubota... could be any brand... what's the total / overall height to the top of the ROPS?

I'm going to put a roof off the side of our pump house & eventually want to park a tractor under it.  Need to know the height so I can decide how high to make the lowest point of the added on roof (I'll be going in with a galvalume snap lock panel & have @ least a 3:12).  Also, width would be a nice figure to  know. 

I imagine I will be able to get around 16 total feed in depth, maybe 18, & that should be sufficient for parking under there to keep the majority of the rig protected.

m60-series.jpg?sfvrsn=f01a51c4_2

11 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

When looking @ this Kubota... could be any brand... what's the total / overall height to the top of the ROPS?

I'm going to put a roof off the side of our pump house & eventually want to park a tractor under it.  Need to know the height so I can decide how high to make the lowest point of the added on roof (I'll be going in with a galvalume snap lock panel & have @ least a 3:12).  Also, width would be a nice figure to  know. 

I imagine I will be able to get around 16 total feed in depth, maybe 18, & that should be sufficient for parking under there to keep the majority of the rig protected.

GF's daughter has a Kubota with a cab (and A/C) on her ranch. Not sure which model.   I can get over there tomorrow and measure it if you need me to. 

2 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

You’re going to want at least 10’ at the lowest part.  Unless you want to smack your head every time you get on or off.  

I thought about calling you to ask, but didn't know if you knew the height.

As mentioned in many conversations before, I need one that will be strong enough to load a round bale off & on a flatbed that is double stacked & I don't want to need a bale on a back spear to counterweight the balance.

13 hours ago, RPM said:

Using that calc., 8 & a half ft. to  the top of the ROPS should be sufficient for whatever my lowest point is (@ the inside eave) & I won't ever get that close due to the tire width., so a 9 ft. should be a good number (not taking into account BeanBag's comment about 10 ft).

6 hours ago, Errestaurants said:

12 foot will be plenty. That's what I did. 55x20. 

While I'd like 12 ft., I don't think I have that kind of opportunity.

& a 55 ft. barn is well beyond  my current means.  I could hide an awful lot of bodies store a lot of equipment with 1,100 sq. ft. of shed.

1 hour ago, ROFL BOX said:

I thought about calling you to ask, but didn't know if you knew the height.

As mentioned in many conversations before, I need one that will be strong enough to load a round bale off & on a flatbed that is double stacked & I don't want to need a bale on a back spear to counterweight the balance.

Mine is a 35hp 4wd, the height with the ROPS up is right at 100”.  I don’t know that mine is heavy enough to get a round bale like that down or not without tipping.  But I have a carry-all I put on back that you can weight up. Like this but I bolted 2x6 s to it.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Errestaurants said:

Also that 6060 will be plenty for what your wanting to do  

Yeah, I figure I will  need @ least a 55hp diesel in whatever brand I select.

Mahindra, Deere, Branson, Kubota...

Maybe even if I want to spend the added dollars & get into a BelTec for drilling fence posts / pole barn legs, etc., & I'd need a sufficient size to create weight / downforce off the PTO end.

^ ^ ^

Looks about right; from a minimal amount of web research the Branson "M" series is the base requirement for what I need.  I imagine if I offered $ 18k, an $ 18,750 or $ 19k midpoint would be what they have in mind for the lowest acceptable price.

Yea if your not going to be doing any traditional farm work like plowing, spraying, seeding or making hay, etc. then I would look at a skid steer. You'll need a big one though to move big round bales. At least 75hp and maybe even high flow if your going to be using certain implements/attachments. 

2 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

^ ^ ^

Looks about right; from a minimal amount of web research the Branson "M" series is the base requirement for what I need.  I imagine if I offered $ 18k, an $ 18,750 or $ 19k midpoint would be what they have in mind for the lowest acceptable price.

Is there a good Branson dealer in your area for parts if ever needed? If not I'd probably stay away from buying one.

https://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/farm-equipment/for-sale/list/category/464/farm-equipment/manufacturer/kubota/model-group/mx5100

Judge has you on the right track, with looking for a used tractor.  I live in big farm and ranch country, and very few people I know can afford to buy a new tractor ("afford" not meaning write out a check for one, but instead justify the price/hour of operation).  I have about a hundred and fifty mother cows, and my newest tractor was purchased last year- a 2006 New Holland with 5200 hours.  New tractors just don't pencil out.  Err also has a good point about a skid steer.  My dirt guy is cheap enough that I can't afford my own skid steer as long as his rates stay close to where they are.  However, the variety of attachments for these things simply amazes me.  They'll do anything.  Might be handy in your roofing business as well, as they'll fit in places a little tractor won't.    

• Like 1

On 7/19/2019 at 11:04 PM, ROFL BOX said:

You're replacing your blowed up truck with a tractor?  That's going to be hell to drive everyone on the next family vacation. 

• Like 1

On 7/20/2019 at 3:20 PM, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Well the shitty thing is the size tractor you need for unloading round bales is going to be way more than you need for the other 90% of stuff you’ll be using it for.  You might want to look at used skid steers.  

Yanking out large cedars, possibly a grappler on the front end & as mentioned, putting a BelTec on the back requires a sufficient size.

4 hours ago, deadshank said:

You're replacing your blowed up truck with a tractor?  That's going to be hell to drive everyone on the next family vacation. 

& Here I thought you wuz smart enuf to know the difference betwixt a Ram 2500 & a Tahoe.

8 hours ago, Kennythetiger said:

Oh, yeah - definitely looking used.  I have a DESIRE for something new, but it's not really a good financial decision for someone who really can't write it off.

DishonestFaintClumber-size_restricted.gi

On 7/20/2019 at 3:54 PM, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Here’s a really nice 52hp Kubota in Elgin for $20k.  

https://austin.craigslist.org/grd/d/coupland-2014-kubota-mx-5100/6935737030.html

Probably should be in tractor thread but not a bad price on that one.  However it does look like it has had a bit of a dupont overhaul.   Bucket doesn't have a scratch on it, it's got a new seat and  hood vs fenders are different shades.  Pictures don't show the footwell as wear in those areas are a very good indicator of usage.

Here's an almost new M6060 in Burnet for $30K with a shredder.  I was quoted $35K last year for the same tractor without the shredder.